Why hasn't anybody talk about this yet?
    PS5

Thinking about getting the digital one. #Router

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I have nothing else to add.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Because the presentation was fucking meh. GTA 5 really? Fuck sake that game is going to cross 3 generations of platforms lol.

Still feel bad for XB1. Ahead of its time going all digital format. Bashed by Sony for doing that, while they’re embracing all digital. We lost family sharing because of it.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Any ideas how the new Xbox will compare to this?

The game that sells Playstations:

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The game that sells Playstations:

GT hasn’t been good since PS2

FIFA is what sells Playstations lol

I’ll be getting a series X lol, no interest whatsoever in PSwhatever
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Any ideas how the new Xbox will compare to this?
    Name:  d9voy59xjgn41.jpg
Views: 1408
Size:  65.8 KB

Better on paper. I got both consoles last gen but I'm sticking with just Series X this time. I've barely used my PS4.

GT hasn't been relevant for a long time.

My Ride
    rally pig

I'm still trying to finish games on the PS3 (finally finished Red Dead Redemption after not touching it for over a year lol) so PS5 is great news for me, means I will be able to bu a PS4 Pro for cheap later this year haha.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

I'm going to buy it
    The new Horizons looks awesome!

My Ride
    Silverado

I thought the PS5 was going to out perform the xbox by a wide margin? Is it to do with the memory bandwidth?

I am looking forward to a 4k gaming rig though! hopefully a full 60 fps at the same time. would cost me double to build a new pc to do that.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

If they're going to cross platform this much, they might as well remake games instead. Like games on PS1/PS2. Already successful with FF7 so I'd encourage more. Remake a Silent Hill or something on PS5.

PS5 is supposed to out perform the Xbox in real world use, despite what the spec sheet says. Also, PS is known to have a much better selection of exclusives. I don't play video games much anymore, but a full Gran Turismo (not the sport bs) with used cars is long overdue so i am excited to play that (whenever it releases, hopefully launch but not crossing fingers). The Last of Us 2 is another huge exclusive that i've been anticipating, but beyond that it'll sit beneath my TV for 7+ years and collect a lot of dust.

My Ride
    This and that.

While it looks cool, I'd like to know what it adds feature wise on top of the PS4. And GTA5 - I beat it on PS3, then on PS4 and maybe I will make it a hat-rick and beat it on PS5 as well.

It always amazes me how much of a bargain consoles are. I know they make most of their money off games and peripherals so it's kind of like buying a printer (so they can sell you ink), but that SSD alone if purchased at retail would probably cost as much as the entire PS5. Using PC prices, that CPU is around $500, the RAM would be around $300, and a 10 tflop GPU (GTX 2080-ish) costs $1000.

I'll be buying it specifically for GranTurismo 7 in 4K60P for use with the PlaySeat. And maybe some titles running on the Unreal 5 engine which looks ridiculous.

Also, it's nice to see AMD getting these massive contracts with both PS5 and Xbox. Well deserved. Nvidia recently switched to AMD Epyc CPUs as well.

I have always preferred PS to Xbox personally but I feel like that has more to do with the games than the actual hardware.

Rumors are that GT7 will be a launch title, so I really hope that's true.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 06-17-2020 at 01:10 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    It always amazes me how much of a bargain consoles are. I know they make most of their money off games and peripherals so it's kind of like buying a printer (so they can sell you ink), but that SSD alone if purchased at retail would probably cost as much as the entire PS5. Using PC prices, that CPU is around $500, the RAM would be around $300, and a 10 tflop GPU (GTX 2080-ish) costs $1000.

I'll be buying it specifically for GranTurismo 7 in 4K60P for use with the PlaySeat. And maybe some titles running on the Unreal 5 engine which looks ridiculous.

Also, it's nice to see AMD getting these massive contracts with both PS5 and Xbox. Well deserved. Nvidia recently switched to AMD Epyc CPUs as well.

I have always preferred PS to Xbox personally but I feel like that has more to do with the games than the actual hardware.

Been playing Forza 7 in 4K60 forever. GT7 launch title? yea right. GT was so much better than Forza back in the day, but fuck did they let that shit stagnate. Everything in between was just half assed. GT7 as a launch title? That's laughable. Maybe with 10 cars? haha

But yea, I have both XB1 and PS4. PS definitely has better exclusives.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Been playing Forza 7 in 4K60 forever. GT7 launch title? yea right. GT was so much better than Forza back in the day, but fuck did they let that shit stagnate. Everything in between was just half assed. GT7 as a launch title? That's laughable. Maybe with 10 cars? haha

But yea, I have both XB1 and PS4. PS definitely has better exclusives.
    Well the current rumors are a launch alongside the PS5 so I will remain optimistic. Hopefully it isn't a "development launch" or some BS like that. I forget which version it was, but I remember waiting like 2 years for a Gran Turismo after it's 'announcement' back in the day. Gran Turismo Sport was garbage (was that the one that had experience points?), I think that's the last one I bought, but I had a lot of fun with most of the previous titles.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

SSD have come down a lot. 1tb NVMe SSD is 170-199$ at MemEx atm. (There's higher tier ones for more $$$, idk what the specs are to compare to tho)

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    I'm still trying to finish games on the PS3 (finally finished Red Dead Redemption after not touching it for over a year lol) so PS5 is great news for me, means I will be able to bu a PS4 Pro for cheap later this year haha.
    Bought one at Shoppers during the Redemption Event in December last year $379 on sale. Used 300K points and got $450 value. Should probably open it one day and test it to make sure it works lol
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    SSD have come down a lot. 1tb NVMe SSD is 170-199$ at MemEx atm. (There's higher tier ones for more $$$, idk what the specs are to compare to tho)
    Right, but this is much faster than those. Specs say 5.5 Gbps which is a lot faster than even a Samsung 970 Plus/Pro So I am assuming cost would be significantly higher. A 970 Pro 1TB is $500 and a 970 Plus 1TB is $350 and neither of those will do anywhere near 5.5 Gbps. That's what I was basing my comment off of, anyway. It's even faster than Gigabyte's PCI 4.0 SSD.

It looks like they are using some sort of custom PCI 4.0 design.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 06-17-2020 at 01:33 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Right, but this is much faster than those. Specs say 5.5 Gbps which is a lot faster than even a Samsung 970 Plus/Pro So I am assuming cost would be significantly higher. A 970 Pro 1TB is $500 and a 970 Plus 1TB is $350 and neither of those will do anywhere near 5.5 Gbps. That's what I was basing my comment off of, anyway.
    I suppose so, its inline with the new 980 PRO specs though (980 PRO being 6500/5000 speeds) ... but if the price is near the 970 PRO then I guess it would be a 500$ drive. I missed the 5.5gbps portion, I thought that spoke to some kinda data transfer within the CPU/GPU, not necessarily hard drive speeds.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 11 ... LastLast