Quantcast
Playstation 5 - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18

Thread: Playstation 5

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It’s going to be pretty funny when the PlayStation 5.5 comes out
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    It’s going to be pretty funny when the PlayStation 5.5 comes out
    I honestly don’t feel it would be, at least for me as I still have the very first gen PS4 and never had issues nor ever thought of needing to “upgrade” it. It’s still rock solid right now.

Anyway, thanks for all the twitter info everyone!
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I don’t even know why the fuck I wasted money on GT7. This is a piece of shit game. Endless grind because they want you to buy cars paint and upgrades with cash. It’s impossible to play this game for free without dedicating full time job levels of commitment to it. It’s also fucking hilariously ironic that Sony pushing for online only with this game, so it was down for a day and can’t play it because of server issues. Glad I had gta5 to pass time at night.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I don’t even know why the fuck I wasted money on GT7. This is a piece of shit game. Endless grind because they want you to buy cars paint and upgrades with cash. It’s impossible to play this game for free without dedicating full time job levels of commitment to it. It’s also fucking hilariously ironic that Sony pushing for online only with this game, so it was down for a day and can’t play it because of server issues. Glad I had gta5 to pass time at night.
    It’s a good game. Money is tough to come by, just have to play it like an rpg. Complete the menus, and upgrade those cars to keep advancing.

But - you’re not buying a 12,000,000 car from the legends hagerty dealer lol.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Grimace

Yeah I played a bunch of this until the servers went down and then they nerfed the high speed ring race which I was grinding but kind of enjoyed. Just tone deaf response when the servers came back and now the legendary cars like the F1 are wicked expensive mind you you can only have $20mm free credits anyways. Also the lack of newer and variety of cars kind of sucks.

Finished the menu and then the game kind of got bleh. The driving is good though and I had ordered my new wheel before the nerf so I will probably still play here and there a little but and can hope that they update it in a big way.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I just reread my post and was bitching about playing this game for free when in fact I paid full price for the fucking game.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I just reread my post and was bitching about playing this game for free when in fact I paid full price for the fucking game.
    I don’t understand how Sony keeps being able to dupe people with this franchise.

“Fool me 7 times shame on me”

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I don’t understand how Sony keeps being able to dupe people with this franchise.

“Fool me 7 times shame on me”
    It's not that bad. I generally prefer GT physics over Forza. It's much more realistic. GT5 was the last good Gran Truism IMO.

My Ride
    Grimace

I even bought the anniversary edition............ and a PS5 so I am in too deep now.

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    I even bought the anniversary edition............ and a PS5 so I am in too deep now.
    That would have been me if there was decent PS5 availability. Thankfully just got the PS4 regular version.

Very annoyed as I wanted to eventually get a McLaren F1, but it’s 18,000,000, so a whole got of grinding or over $240 using MTX. Also hilarious is that some cars you have to have a invitation to buy from Brand Central and those only come from getting lucky from the roulette, same with the engine swaps. My FD is in need of that 4-rotor R26B! Will complain less if I get that that lol.
    Last edited by Akagi Redsuns; 03-21-2022 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    Me too. But I haven't even loaded the game since I refuse to play it with a controller.
    As long as I get all Golds on my licenses and crush my friends' times, it'll be worth it.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by Akagi Redsuns View Post
    That would have been me if there was decent PS5 availability. Thankfully just got the PS4 regular version.

Very annoyed as I wanted to eventually get a McLaren F1, but it’s 18,000,000, so a whole got of grinding or over $240 using MTX. Also hilarious is that some cars you have to have a invitation to buy from Brand Central and those only come from getting lucky from the roulette, same with the engine swaps. My FD is in need of that 4-rotor R26B! Will complain less if I get that that lol.
    The only benefit of the PS5 is that the loading times are wicked fast. Being able to switch and get into events real fast except license tests.......they don't have a button to go to next so having to back in and out of menus in almost everything is a real pain in the ass.

I got my first invitation for the pagani.........and then I won one for doing the menus anyways. Locking the cars like that is a real dick move compared to like forza where you can get almost anything and there is a tiny handful of exclusive cars that are prizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    Me too. But I haven't even loaded the game since I refuse to play it with a controller.
    As long as I get all Golds on my licenses and crush my friends' times, it'll be worth it.
    The controller is such a weird shape that I find now kind of comfortable but the way I hold it (weirdly) the different plastics on the end of the handle are just digging into my hand. Can't wait to try with my wheel though.
    IA-10 took me like 20 attempts........... for bronze. I need to work on those though I only have gold for the first license.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

The roulette rolls are such bullshit, feels like its rigged to get the lowest payout every time. Even the events where you get to pick 1 out of 3 cars it seems like I'm getting the shittiest car on offer.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    The roulette rolls are such bullshit, feels like its rigged to get the lowest payout every time. Even the events where you get to pick 1 out of 3 cars it seems like I'm getting the shittiest car on offer.
    How else will you shell out more cash?

I've played thru Forza Horizon 4 and 5, and their model is so much more gamer friendly. Core game, core # of cars, it's realistic to be able to obtain them all with a reasonable amount of play time (especially ability to sell shit you win and don't want). Hell, the system is designed so that it ensures you can't spend money thru 3rd party even if you wanted to. Auctions/gifting won't allow you to send cars to a specific person directly. They have a small # of DLC microtransactions that buys additional cars not part of core game. But it's cheap, car pass for all the cars is like $40, on sale for as low as $20 for a whole season worth of cars. Some single cars in GT7 work out to $40 lol.

Just so turned off by GT7 right now.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Sony needs a long term revenue model from GT when they only release a game every 5-10 years

fact.

Walmart bundle in stock right now

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/playsta...er=CAqD7bLWUPI

My Ride
    Bicycle

Market Mall EB got a bunch Horizon launch bundle last night if anyone in the NW looking for one.

My Ride
    This and that.

I can't believe there's still a shortage of these. I haven't turned mine on in I feel like 6-7 months since I got it last July.

Hasn't really been any game that I would want to play. That being said I have been thinking about Gran Truismo 7 but debating between two choices.

My PS4 is connected to a racing simulator with pedals, steering wheel etc. PS5 with a stand alone TV.

Would you get the GT7 for PS4 so you can use the racing rig, or PS5 for better graphics/quality? I am leaning towards the former, but thought would be interesting to see what others think is more sensical.

PS: IF there's a GT7 thread then mods please feel free to move this post over there. I couldn't find one and didn't want to make a new one with this topic.

Not sure if there's still a shortage, but in stock at Costco with Charging dock

https://www.costco.ca/playstation-5-...100987894.html

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18