Quantcast
Pakistan 1/3rd of pilots not licensed - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pakistan 1/3rd of pilots not licensed

I mean really though: Its not like the old days where you couldn't just press an "easy AI" auto button and fly perfectly. There was a time where everyone had to learn shift stick too.

They should just make a car that does not have a steering wheel. I'm sure it will come about, maybe in twenty years or so.

Last edited by ZenOps; 06-26-2020 at 12:38 PM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Here is an example of a recent incident in Sudan, that highlights the various lack of Western aviation safety measures:

(cargo plane struck a tree with wingtip during departure)

http://avherald.com/h?article=4d93189d&opt=0

I realize some people do not have a choice, but you could not pay me to fly on many of the Middle Eastern / Asian / African airlines from the poorer countries. They aren't all bad but some of them just scare me and have disproportionately bad track records.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I realize some people do not have a choice, but you could not pay me to fly on many of the Middle Eastern / Asian / African airlines from the poorer countries. They aren't all bad but some of them just scare me and have disproportionately bad track records.
    You should also not take a cab in Panama either, but somehow we survived there .... haha (3$ cab fare, doors barely stayed shut)

My Ride
    NC1

Holy Unbreakable!

Two passengers survived but 97 bodies have been recovered
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    You should also not take a cab in Panama either, but somehow we survived there .... haha (3$ cab fare, doors barely stayed shut)
    You can add Prague to that list too haha. Thankfully there is Uber. Lots of sketchy cabs out there, both from a safety standpoint and tourist scams.

My Ride
    NC1

Don't need doors. Tuk tuk ftw!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Think positive ..

2/3 have license....
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    Think positive ..

2/3 have license....
    Until lotto assigns you an unlicensed pilot and copilot... Who manage in an Airbus to "land" wheels up, then try powering out of it for a go-around, both engines blow apart, and they try an impossible turn and stall/crash into a neighbourhood

I didn't even think Airbus would let you get within 100' without the gear down. These guys had to seriously work on defeating the technology to crash it like this.

My Ride
    BB6

This kind of thing seems to be more ingrained in Pakistan culture than other developing nations. I worked with three fairly recent immigrants from Pakistan. All three had fake masters degrees that they bought back home.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Until lotto assigns you an unlicensed pilot and copilot... Who manage in an Airbus to "land" wheels up, then try powering out of it for a go-around, both engines blow apart, and they try an impossible turn and stall/crash into a neighbourhood

I didn't even think Airbus would let you get within 100' without the gear down. These guys had to seriously work on defeating the technology to crash it like this.
    It won't. Where do I begin?

First, you'd have a master warning chime, (which is LOUD as fuck) the master warning pushbutton would be illuminated which is right in front of each pilots face, the ECAM would show several warnings, the three lamps above the landing gear lever would be red, the three triangles on the WHEEL page (lower ECAM display) would be red, you'd have a blue item for the GEAR in your landing memo on the upper ECAM (basically an electronic checklist where things turn green once configured for landing.) But in addition to alllllllll of that, you'd be getting a constant "WHOOP WHOOP TOO LOW, GEAR!" from the enhanced ground proximity warning system (EGPWS for those in the know) and still, they continued? The accident report states the captain depressed the brake pedals after touchdown as well as selecting reverse thrust. You'd only do that if you thought the gear was down, wouldn't you?

How these two rejects managed to fuck this up as bad as they did is beyond me. It's like you'd have to almost go out of your way to land an Airbus with the gear up.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post

According to the FDR and CVR recordings several warnings and alerts such as over-speed, landing gear not down and ground proximity alerts were disregarded. The landing was undertaken with landing gears retracted. The aircraft touched the runway surface on its engines. Flight crew applied reverse engine power and initiated a braking action. Both engines scrubbed the runway at various locations causing damage to both of them. Figures hereunder show selected screenshots of security / CCTV cameras footages of the aircraft engines touching the runway and showing sparks due to scrubbing, along with marks on the runway.

http://avherald.com/h?article=4d7a6e9a&opt=0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2