Quantcast
2021 M3/M4 get 480 and 510HP RWD Manual - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: 2021 M3/M4 get 480 and 510HP RWD Manual

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat
    My Ride
    EB/Cummins/M8/Foxbody
    Posts
    898
    Rep Power
    8

    Default 2021 M3/M4 get 480 and 510HP RWD Manual

    Didn’t see this posted so sorry if it’s a repost. BMW confirms 480hp M3 and 510 HP M3 Comp versions with RWD and manual as standard on 480HP. Competition looks to be an auto. This should compete with the Blackwing coming out next year possibly?

    https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...-rwd-standard/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton/Calgary
    My Ride
    Benzo
    Posts
    4,357
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Edit: NVM...looks like there might be a AWD version as well.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    646
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Sounds hot

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    The longest continuously used automobile nameplate
    Posts
    2,911
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds hot
    2021-bmw-m440i-17.jpg

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    5,004
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The M3 might be redeemable. But the 4 is gonna look like ass.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    C-Town
    My Ride
    X3M Competition
    Posts
    7,106
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    If the S58 engine can propel a 4500 lb SUV to 0-60 in 3.3 seconds and 11.6 second 1/4 mile there's no telling how fast a vehicle packing 1k lbs less will be. These are going to be seriously fast cars.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Finally, getting an AWD, I will have to pick one up when the AWD is available.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Beaumont
    My Ride
    B8.5 S4, Touareg, many 944s
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Didn't they tell the designers there was going to be a number plate on the front?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S4
    Posts
    2,570
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the S58 engine can propel a 4500 lb SUV to 0-60 in 3.3 seconds and 11.6 second 1/4 mile there's no telling how fast a vehicle packing 1k lbs less will be. These are going to be seriously fast cars.
    Not sitting here saying the X3M is slow (it's not), but nowadays the 0-60 time is not entirely representative of what the car is like to drive. The 5-60 is much more representative of performance and that's like 4.6 or something for that car, which more or less makes sense based on power:weight. disclaimer: I'm generalizing here, I haven't driven an X3M, just did some poking around to find the 5-60.

    To your point though, on a thousand pound diet with the same power train, the M3 is going to be a rocket. Assuming they can get the power down I could see it being very close to 3s (probably need the awd model to pull this off successfully) under the same launch control-destroy your car-conditions.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    5,004
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    https://driving.ca/bmw/auto-news/new...bscription/amp

    Gonna be great cars when you have to pay a monthly fee to keep your heated seats working
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  11. #11
    2002civic's Avatar
    2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/19 Passport
    Posts
    1,857
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ^Audi has been looking at doing this the last few years as well. Cheaper to build all the cars the same with all the features than to customize each unit.

    I wonder how they will combat tuners "hacking" the cars for features for a one time fee or cheaper price.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    5,004
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Audi charges a monthly fee for heated seats?

    I knew I didn’t buy Audi’s for a reason lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S4
    Posts
    2,570
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I was about to say "great, I can only pay for them when I need them", then realized I live in a god forsaken place where the climate dictates I use my heated seats 8 months of the year.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    5,004
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was about to say "great, I can only pay for them when I need them", then realized I live in a god forsaken place where the climate dictates I use my heated seats 8 months of the year.
    Bet it’s double the price in the winter too
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  15. #15
    2002civic's Avatar
    2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/19 Passport
    Posts
    1,857
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Audi charges a monthly fee for heated seats?

    I knew I didn’t buy Audi’s for a reason lol
    Not yet, but when I worked for them in Australia it was in discussion for future models.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965
    Posts
    3,141
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    It is nice ... the new 340i is already very impressed, new M3/4 should be even better!

    I guess base model probably starts at ~ $85K, once you get the Comp model, AWD, loaded, say $120K
    The Original !

    1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,011
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://driving.ca/bmw/auto-news/new...bscription/amp

    Gonna be great cars when you have to pay a monthly fee to keep your heated seats working
    And my wife was asking me why I have been shopping for older cars.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    5,004
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is nice ... the new 340i is already very impressed, new M3/4 should be even better!

    I guess base model probably starts at ~ $85K, once you get the Comp model, AWD, loaded, say $120K
    Nothing new here. MSRP for my C63 was 109 or something and it didn’t even have every option.

    Tough not to jump to the M5 Comp from there ( can be had for ~140 nicely equipped ) which comes with a real engine.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And my wife was asking me why I have been shopping for older cars.
    This
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,011
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Also: who cares how "fast" a car is nowadays. Even legit DDs nowadays get you to illegal speeds within seconds.

    Also pet peeve: I don't give a flying fuck what a car's 1/4 mile time is. "Dude, it does a 11.2 in the quarter mile." Bragging about 1/4 mile times is like bragging about your meal the night before, but describing it in terms of how much it weighed rather than how good it tasted.

    Man, I'm in a mood today.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    5,004
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also: who cares how "fast" a car is nowadays. Even legit DDs nowadays get you to illegal speeds within seconds.

    Also pet peeve: I don't give a flying fuck what a car's 1/4 mile time is. "Dude, it does a 11.2 in the quarter mile." Bragging about 1/4 mile times is like bragging about your meal the night before, but describing it in terms of how much it weighed rather than how good it tasted.

    Man, I'm in a mood today.
    Bench racing is how non car people pretend to know about cars.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2021 Acura TLX

    By jwslam in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 32
    Latest Threads: 07-30-2020, 11:26 PM
  2. 2021 BMW 4-Series

    By speedog in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 112
    Latest Threads: 06-08-2020, 08:57 AM
  3. 2021+ income tax

    By M.alex in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 25
    Latest Threads: 04-21-2020, 12:31 PM
  4. FS: 2016 AUDI A6 3.0T S-Line - Loaded, Mint, very low KM, WARRANTY until Nov 30, 2021

    By Mitsu3000gt in forum Cars, Trucks, Motorbikes, and Trailers
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 09-18-2019, 01:41 PM
  5. Parnelli Jones Saleen Mustang + 510HP Mustang Saleen

    By trev0006 in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 08-11-2006, 05:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •