Quantcast
What do you collect? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What do you collect?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Hot wheels style toy cars. I have 500-700 of them.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me know if you need anyone to test commuting gear. xD

Out of all my helmets, only my 7 year old shoei was SNELL rated. I tend to err on the side of ECE.
    I'm always looking for riders that are handy with a camera. PM me if you're serious

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  35.4 KB

Cleaning out my office in preparation for building my new desk and such and so consolidated my MTG collection. I had no idea I had accumulated so much. There is somewhere in the neighborhood of ~65,000 cards pictured there, and more that didn't make the picture...

I really need to actually sort out the big value in there. There is probably a pretty decent house downpayment in all that...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Turtles figs from around the world... and nintendo shit.

Name:  20201022_113638.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  38.1 KB
    Name:  20201022_113805.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  114.4 KB
    Cereal Killer.
    @iambrianspilner

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post

Cleaning out my office in preparation for building my new desk and such and so consolidated my MTG collection. I had no idea I had accumulated so much. There is somewhere in the neighborhood of ~65,000 cards pictured there, and more that didn't make the picture...

I really need to actually sort out the big value in there. There is probably a pretty decent house downpayment in all that...
    Jesus Christ. That’s outrageous.

Just inherited my dads turntable, amp and speakers plus his vinyl collection of over 500 albums going back to Johnny Cash's first ever release on Sun records and a bunch of gems! Funny thing is some of my albums from high school were mixed in and of all the rad old stuff he had, the most valuable album so far is my mint 1984 Metallica Ride The Lightning album that turns out is a rare short release from Banzai records with the black label. Go figure!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Before reading your post I legit thought those were old pizza boxes
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    .......my mint 1984 Metallica Ride The Lightning album that turns out is a rare short release from Banzai records with the black label.....
    Awesome.

@tirebob got any old punk stuff in that collection?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Do it!

I've sorted and sold about $4k worth of hockey cards the past couple months. And that really only included 2 'big' cards, rest have been mid price type stuff all under $100/card. Have a stack out getting graded right now too.

The negative is that it has brought me back in and I'm buying more cards now haha. Also been able to buy and flip stuff that is doubling in value in a month time, shit is crazy right now! I'll post some newer pictures once I get my stuff more organized.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Awesome.

@tirebob got any old punk stuff in that collection?
    I do, and no I am not selling haha! I don't have near as much stuff as I had when I was young. I moved out when I was 16 and was hurting for cash and my buddy went through my collection and jacked all the good stuff and paid my parent for them. I still have some stuff like an obscure English band Broken Bones on white vinyl, C.O.C., DOA, Subverse and a few others I have found so far but I lost all my gold when I made that deal. I had all the Minor Threat EP's and albums, Bad Brains, Misfits, DayGlow's etc etc etc... Now trying to find all that is a fucking fortune! OMG!

My Ride
    '19 GTI

I have a thing for collecting neck and bow ties...

Well over 100 in variety - favorite lately being cotton/wool knit
    I bought custom maple hangers for them but they always go lop-sided in the closer lol. If anyone has any pro-tips for storing ties properly... Definitely open to new suggestions!

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Collected shoes for awhile...

Name:  DSC_6142.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  52.7 KB
    Name:  DSC_6143.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  55.1 KB
    Name:  DSC_6144.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  62.2 KB

Shown above was just the storage room. Had more in my bedroom and closet. I catalogued everything and at it's peak, I logged in 408 pairs. About 90% were Nikes.

Wow. I think I've been playing longer than you have, and I don't even come close. Great collection. I bet you have alot of high value stuff in those boxes.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 10-22-2020 at 03:41 PM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by JordanEG6 View Post
    Wow. I think I've been playing longer than you have, and I don't even come close. Great collection. I bet you have alot of high value stuff in those boxes.
    I started playing and collecting just after Ahmonket was released, so roughly 2.5 years now -ish?

To be fair, there is a lot of bulk in there. I have sorted out all the commons into 3 of the 4 row boxes that I am going to pawn off on F2F when they come to town next. Everything else is uncommon and up.

8 of those 4 row boxes are currently uncommons or better, sorted by color, and then alphabetized. And another box for named lands, again alphabetized. Still have to sort the 4 row binders and a couple more of the 4 row boxes in to the main collection. When I am done, there will probably be 5ish 4 row boxes of bulk, and then 10 or so boxes that will be my main collection.

If you are ever looking for something, let me know and I will see what I can dig up. I have a lot of stuff for modern and newer. Vintage and legacy stuff I am not into, so I won't have much of that.
    Last edited by spikerS; 10-22-2020 at 06:18 PM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm not into MTG but it baffles me how it's possible to play a game with a thousand cards "in your hand". But then again, I found Pokémon confusing, so maybe that is more about my shortcomings.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

For some reason I pictured in my head your collection being like 3 or 4 times that haha

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    For some reason I pictured in my head your collection being like 3 or 4 times that haha
    Well, at 1 point it was at least double what it is now when I inherited a friend's collection of mostly junk cards with some real gems scattered in it. I kept about 10k cards from that collection and then gave the rest away. That is about 90% of my current collection in that picture.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    Do it!

I've sorted and sold about $4k worth of hockey cards the past couple months. And that really only included 2 'big' cards, rest have been mid price type stuff all under $100/card. Have a stack out getting graded right now too.

The negative is that it has brought me back in and I'm buying more cards now haha. Also been able to buy and flip stuff that is doubling in value in a month time, shit is crazy right now! I'll post some newer pictures once I get my stuff more organized.
    What era are the cards from? And what is best avenue for gauging value now?

My Ride
    Wristshots

Mostly watches, fragrances and fountain pens; I guess pictures would be helpful.

I used to collect early to mid twentieth century rifles, but I cashed out of that a few years ago. There was also some Warhammer some time ago, sixth/seventh edition.

I’m not sure if books, audio CDs (including Hi-Fi formats) and BluRays/DVD count... Spengler was wrong, print is not dead.
    Last edited by statick; 10-22-2020 at 07:14 PM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm not into MTG but it baffles me how it's possible to play a game with a thousand cards "in your hand". But then again, I found Pokémon confusing, so maybe that is more about my shortcomings.
    @ExtraSlow don't feel bad. MIT has stated that the optimal plays in a game of MTG are so complex that it would be impossible for a computer to figure them out. MTG has also been declared as the worlds most complicated game, and impossible to predict.

https://www.technologyreview.com/201...-complex-game/

“Magic: The Gathering” is officially the world’s most complex game
    A new proof with important implications for game theory shows that no algorithm can possibly determine the winner.
    So Churchill and co’s key result is that determining the outcome of a game of Magic is non-computable. “This is the first result showing that there exists a real-world game for which determining the winning strategy is non-computable,” they say.

That’s interesting work that raises important foundational questions for game theory. For example, Churchill and co say the leading formal theory of games assumes that any game must be computable. “Magic: The Gathering does not fit assumptions commonly made by computer scientists while modelling games,” they say.

That suggests computer scientists need to rethink their ideas about games, particularly if they hope to produce a unified computational theory of games. Clearly, Magic represents a fly in the enchanted ointment as far as this is concerned.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    K-car

I collect old car magazines and brochures. Probably have ~3000 from the 60's to present.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast