Quantcast
What do you collect? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: What do you collect?

My Ride
    RSTi

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MTG has also been declared as the worlds most complicated game, and impossible to predict.

https://www.technologyreview.com/201...-complex-game/
    Unless you've been playing Standard any time in the last two years haha. Basically play broken card until it's banned, then play the next broken card.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Dark View Post
    Unless you've been playing Standard any time in the last two years haha. Basically play broken card until it's banned, then play the next broken card.
    Ain't that the truth. Pretty much every chase mythic / rare in almost every set. Surprised they banned Omnath so early in the release...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Cool @spikerS , makes some sense. I'll stick to Othello.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    What era are the cards from? And what is best avenue for gauging value now?
    Everything I owned previously was 1990-2006. So nothing really new or current. I've had success flipping graded 80's and 90's stuff now. But all the 90's stuff needs to be hall of famers or gem mint graded and either rookies or short printed inserts.

And Ebay sales is 100% the market value. Beckett book values isn't a thing and anything popular is selling for 3x, 4x, 5x book value. Use www.sportscards.com to find our what stuff has sold for.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    Everything I owned previously was 1990-2006. So nothing really new or current. I've had success flipping graded 80's and 90's stuff now. But all the 90's stuff needs to be hall of famers or gem mint graded and either rookies or short printed inserts.

And Ebay sales is 100% the market value. Beckett book values isn't a thing and anything popular is selling for 3x, 4x, 5x book value. Use www.sportscards.com to find our what stuff has sold for.
    I have a few boxes of random hockey, football, baseball cards, and some comic cards as well. I have no idea what they are worth. I also have a box that has most of a complete set of 1979 or 1980 baseball cards that I have had since like '85. I have no idea what they are worth. I need to find a way to see if they are worth anything. I also have a few hockey cards signed by guy lafleur, frank maholovich, and bobby hull from an old timer hockey game in the late 90's. Again, no idea what kind of value they hold. I have no interest in keeping them, but no idea how to liquidate them or value them.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I have a bunch of hockey cards from the 90's, and even more Marvel Fleer Ultra cards haha. They used to be 5 bucks a pack.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I have a few boxes of random hockey, football, baseball cards, and some comic cards as well. I have no idea what they are worth. I also have a box that has most of a complete set of 1979 or 1980 baseball cards that I have had since like '85. I have no idea what they are worth. I need to find a way to see if they are worth anything. I also have a few hockey cards signed by guy lafleur, frank maholovich, and bobby hull from an old timer hockey game in the late 90's. Again, no idea what kind of value they hold. I have no interest in keeping them, but no idea how to liquidate them or value them.
    If you post or PM your hockey stuff I can tell you what its worth. The rest you'd have to search ebay listings as I only really follow hockey.

Anywho... couple of my collection currently. All the 90's stuff is only worth anything in high grade, for example you can't sell a raw ungraded copy of most of these 90's cards for $5, where a gem mint will sell for $75-$150+

Name:  beyond 02.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  99.1 KB

Name:  beyond 01.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  93.5 KB

Name:  beyond 03.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  96.9 KB

If you post or PM your hockey stuff I can tell you what its worth. The rest you'd have to search ebay listings as I only really follow hockey.

Anywho... couple of my collection currently. All the 90's stuff is only worth anything in high grade, for example you can't sell a raw ungraded copy of most of these 90's cards for $5, where a gem mint will sell for $75-$150+

Name:  beyond 02.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  99.1 KB

Name:  beyond 01.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  93.5 KB

Name:  beyond 03.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  96.9 KB
    Curious as to the cost of having them graded? Thinking I may take the time to go through my collection soon.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    Curious as to the cost of having them graded? Thinking I may take the time to go through my collection soon.
    $30-$50/card and timeline of about 6 months as the companies are swamped and super backed up.

My Ride
    *The First*

$30-$50/card and timeline of about 6 months as the companies are swamped and super backed up.
    I'd guess that's the value of the Marty-B and Jagr Score rookies. Am I wrong?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I'd guess that's the value of the Marty-B and Jagr Score rookies. Am I wrong?
    Jagr around $50 yup. Brodeur around $125, as it’s his only RC.

Those cards aren’t worth $2 ungraded lol. At one point I had over 50 copies of that Jagr card, crazy over printed.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So you first have to go through your pile, get a value on each one yourself, then send the $100+ ones away spend $50 each to have a hope of selling? Card collecting doesn't sound very fun, that's for sure.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    So you first have to go through your pile, get a value on each one yourself, then send the $100+ ones away spend $50 each to have a hope of selling? Card collecting doesn't sound very fun, that's for sure.
    Someone tried to convince me that a modest card collection would “pay for college one day”.

Reality is, they take up space and you would feel bad about getting rid of them.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Sounds like the real winners are the companies grading cards.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Jagr around $50 yup. Brodeur around $125, as it’s his only RC.

Those cards aren’t worth $2 ungraded lol. At one point I had over 50 copies of that Jagr card, crazy over printed.

May have to check out my old box of cards, I know I have at least a few of the ones you have shown.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Are Tim Horton hockey cards worth anything? I have been collecting packs for a few years now, haven't even opened them. I buy a pack whenever they have stock as I go through and get my coffee...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Are Tim Horton hockey cards worth anything? I have been collecting packs for a few years now, haven't even opened them. I buy a pack whenever they have stock as I go through and get my coffee...
    Not really, no.

Still chugging away buying and selling on ebay and facebook in my spare time (ie: tons of it). Current goal is to build a collection of 80's, 90's and early 00's high grade rookie cards for free (or as close as possible) by flipping cards for a profit. Without much effort I've bought and flipped a couple Lemieux cards for double in less that a months time.

And with a PSA 10 Gretzky rookie recently selling for $1.65m everything is on its way up. Stuff I bought a month ago have doubled in value, its nuts!

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have to assume that if I guy had a big box of say, 1000 cards from that era, it would be dozens of hours to sort and catergorize them, and then you'd have to go out and get the potentially good ones graded professionally? I know I don't have a gretzky rookie card, but I think I may have some of the ones you posted in that pic.

EDIT, I see I posted nearly that exact same thing a month ago. Man I'm losing it.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I have to assume that if I guy had a big box of say, 1000 cards from that era, it would be dozens of hours to sort and catergorize them, and then you'd have to go out and get the potentially good ones graded professionally? I know I don't have a gretzky rookie card, but I think I may have some of the ones you posted in that pic.

EDIT, I see I posted nearly that exact same thing a month ago. Man I'm losing it.
    If you have 80's stuff its more valuable. And the 90's stuff is really only valuable in really high grades (even then I only collect that stuff cause its cool and what I liked as a kid). But start with pulling out any hall of fame players, its the only good stuff. And then pull anything in perfect condition. Even the HOF players in not great shape are still worth something, just depends how much effort you want to spend selling $5-$10 cards. Also any Gretzky is an easy sell these days.

Anyone with Basketball cards is sitting on a pile of money.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Maybe a nice thing to spend an afternoon on over the holdiays.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5