School me on being a Dad - Page 86 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 76 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1831

Thread: School me on being a Dad

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My 199 week old daughter LOVES to wake up at like 5:30/6am on weekends but you have to drag her out of bed during the week so we just bought her her own grow clock too. She really loves it and so far it seems to be working for us! My 305 week old son will sleep until 7:30/8am so we are just trying to get her to line up a little better with him. This is the one we got:

https://littlehippo.com/products/mella
    Nice, that's the same one we have.
    I love it, very easy to program, has an internal battery too so if it's unplugged (or you're moving it to a relative's house for a date-night sleepover), you don't need to re-program it.
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    So my 3yo boy started biting my 5yo girl as of late. Like he's done it a couple times before, but now it's multiple times per week, sometimes multiple per day. A couple days ago he bit her chest so hard it broke the skin.

How soon is too soon to start beating your kids? Asking for a friend.

edit: do they make hannibal masks in toddler size?
    Our ~110 weeks old at the time put something in her mouth at the park last summer so I jumped into action to rip it out and she proceeded to chomp down on my finger right where the nail comes out. FUCK. haha. My finger nail has nearly grown out but was bleeding everywhere and mangled the shape of it. Lesson learned, let them eat whatever they put in their mounts, once its in there its gone!

She also has bit and been bitten more then a couple times at daycare... it happens dude. My parents bit me back when I did it as a toddler, is that frowned upon now?

Quote Originally Posted by XylathaneGTR View Post
    Nice, that's the same one we have.
    I love it, very easy to program, has an internal battery too so if it's unplugged (or you're moving it to a relative's house for a date-night sleepover), you don't need to re-program it.
    +1 on the melo... our 128 week old sleeps great but helps wrap it up at bedtime.

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    My parent bit me back when I did it a toddler, is that frowned upon now?
    I think so, but so is drinking pop before 18 and that still happens (with deadbeats, mind you).

My 136 week old daughter bit me right in the titty SO fuckin' hard at gymnastics last weekend, and I really thought about biting her back. Instead, you can just give 'em a really good shake so that their brain rocks around in their skull - she'll get it eventually!!
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    V167

4mo old was sleeping well a month ago, 4-6 hrs. Now eyes open at the 30 min mark every single time. RIP my life.

My Ride
    This and that.

Our lil guy turned 6 months old a couple days ago and in between for approx a month there was somewhat decent night schedule where he only woke up once during the night. The day time has always been and still is a struggle as he just doesn't like to sleep/nap and eventually gets frustrated and cries. He did get a bit better and is a little less consistently fussy and I think starting some solids have helped with acid reflux etc. He was on medication for it but since we finished the last supply, haven't refilled it and it's been 2 or so weeks. There's been a couple spit ups here and there but nothing like before when he was exclusively on formula.

Sleep though is still not ideal, especially during the day, but also at night...like last night he was waking up every 3 hours or so and crying up a storm. And only way he sleeps is beside the wife on bed or literally on her, otherwise he doesn't (rarely you can put him down and he will stay for a couple hours on his own but wakes up and cries when you are not beside him). I think we are now going to start looking into a sleep consultant, so that he can transition into a crib or something. Fuck the guy is cute AF but man is he sometimes ever so annoying.

My Ride
    V8s

One thing I wish we did more was sleep more with our kids in the bed. Only did it a few times since they have been generally awesome crib/bassinet sleepers, and I kinda regret it. Just food for thought.

My Ride
    Z

You actually want your kids in your bed? That's a no from me dawg!

Our guy is about 4 months and he's been sleeping through the night ~7-9h for about 6-8 weeks now. He doesn't nap much during the day and he goes to sleep at like 1030-11 which irritates me since I want to go to bed at 10 during the week but I guess I shouldn't really complain. We evicted him from our room (bassinet) about 3 weeks ago and it's been great.
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    V8s

Well, no we didn’t want them in the bed at the time, which is why it basically never happened haha. But looking back it was something I’d have liked to do a few more times.

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

fellow dads, we used the huckleberry app for timing for naps and sleep, it helps you set a good routine, been working decently

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    Well, no we didn’t want them in the bed at the time, which is why it basically never happened haha. But looking back it was something I’d have liked to do a few more times.
    First child didnt sleep in our bed with much as we got caught up in the western world bullshit. So many fights over how long to let her cry, etc.

Second one we just went with what felt right. Goes down when shes sleepy, keep a somewhat regualr schedule, if she wakes up she comes in, usually sleeps, no fights, no fuss. Is what it is. Much lower stress. After a few months of almost in our bed every night now she cranks big sleeps out on her own.

Don't give in to the dogma that a baby should be 100% capable of sleeping on their own. Some can and do, but some can't and probably need a bit more lovin. Every kids different. And if things suck, remember, usually it's just a matter of time till things sort themselves out

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Every kids different. And if things suck, remember, usually it's just a matter of time till things sort themselves out
    This is probably the single most important piece of advice in this thread. Every kid is different and if things suck now its not going to be forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Some pragmatic advice in here. Every kid is different, and whatever your parenting style, it has to be YOUR style, or you'll never feel comfortable with it, or stick to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Some pragmatic advice in here. Every kid is different, and whatever your parenting style, it has to be YOUR style, or you'll never feel comfortable with it, or stick to it.
    Pffftt! Says the guy who just started the ABORTION thread...

My Ride
    06 S2000

We use the huckleberry app.
    I'd be okay with co-sleeping, if I didn't have friends who have to sleep on air mattresses in their 8 yo kids room, so that they sleep through the night. That's a no from me dog.

Kiddo sleeps through the nights pretty okay at 4months, but it's a fight to get her down. She's still in our room in the bassinet, but outgrowing it shortly, and I refuse to disassemble the crib and move it.

Naps are harder. She goes down insanely easy, but struggles to say down. First nap is like 2h, but naps 2-3 are like.. 40 min.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    This and that.

Sometimes the wife and I wonder dunno WTF we were thinking when wanting a kid so bad and when it wasn't happening for 2 years due to miscarriages. There are times that certainly feels that way. It's definitely taken a toll on our marriage I would say, she's always fucking cranky...but I can't quite blame her either. Just keep praying it gets better soon. Haha. We definitely aren't having more kids that's for sure, maybe we just aren't the kids type of people.

Anytime someone asks, I just say it is the most difficult, but also the most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life. All is forgotten when the little shit flashes that little smile and makes weird googoo noises. lol

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I just say it is the most difficult, but also the most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life.
    I have to remind myself this when my teenage daughters get angry at me because I'm breathing wrong.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Yea dudes, shit ain’t easy. Anyone who says its easy is full of shit.

But it does get better… once you get into a sleep routine it’s get a little easier (but with other new issues lol).

Our 6 week old is starting to go ~4 hours without feedings the odd night, hope to keep pushing pushing that longer in the coming weeks/month. 2.5 year old is still sleeping 7pm to 8-9am religiously… just have to contend with moving from the crib to a bed at some point here.

Stay rested comrades.

My Ride
    V167

4 month old is now sick. I presume the vector is my 3.5 year old. So it's a sleep regression, teething, and sick trifecta.

She is so congested. We used snot sucker for first time. It worked wonders. Held her for sleep msot of last night as she couldn't breathe. The fatigue is strong today. Coffee doesn't work anymore. I think straight up amphetamines are necessary.

My Ride
    Lariat

Tips for being a Dad, set up an RESP early on
    (you can pm mefor questions on RESP's etc)
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Family Hauler

1 day stomach bug just worked through our family. Took me and the wife down on the same day that kids were home from daycare. That was a rough day with a 3 y/o and 1.5 y/o running around while we're puking all day

Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 76 85 86 87 ... LastLast