Quantcast
School me on being a Dad - Page 68 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 68 of 92 FirstFirst ... 58 67 68 69 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1831

Thread: School me on being a Dad

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The trade-in value for babies is horrendous.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    This and that.

Been there, done that. We were in Calgary for about 10 days and in total maybe he slept for 20 mins the entire drive in the car seat. Didn't cry the whole time either so thank God for that but wide awake the whole time. On the way back same thing, except he cried a bit more so we had to make a couple stops but again, did not sleep for more than a total of 20 mins the entire drive. Guy's already an insomniac. lol.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Is he crying cause he’s hungry? Fuck what they say they need for milk/formula, we had a few times where ours was just hungry all the time and wasn’t getting enough.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Recently I came across a tik Tok where this young couple had triplets and had no help. I sent it to my wife and told her to keep things in perspective and remind herself of this tik Tok every time she feels overwhelmed. lol.
    You're a brave man, my wife would have murdered me in my sleep if I did something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Thanks for the link, will research it with the wife. Quite clearly no two kids are the same so if one thing works one, doesn't mean it will for another. Recently I came across a tik Tok where this young couple had triplets and had no help. I sent it to my wife and told her to keep things in perspective and remind herself of this tik Tok every time she feels overwhelmed. lol
    Haha wow. Holy shit

My Ride
    VAG products

@shak - I have a snoo in storage right now - let me know if you want to test it out.. My wife was thinking of keeping it or renting it out depending if we decide to have a second..

Our kid just grew out of it around the 4-5 month? Can't really remember, she either grew out of it or was able to roll over and didn't want to be strapped into the snoo. I will say the snoo had to have helped at getting her back to sleep

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

momaroo's are good to! our first kid loved the shit out of it... i don't even remember if we put our second kid in to be honest now. its all a blur lol.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

We bought my kid a mamaroo on an recommendation and she hated it.

Kids are fickle
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

First ultrasound this AM. Feeling nervous as hell. Were both excited but scared given prior misscarriage. Just praying things go well past the first trimester this time and going forward.

My Ride
    *The First*

Have you tried swaddling? We had great success with that.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Have you tried swaddling? We had great success with that.
    This. Ours only slept when swaddled tight.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

isnt swaddling a requirement? Velcro sleep slacks FTW haha

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    isnt swaddling a requirement? Velcro sleep slacks FTW haha
    This
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    This and that.

Oh yea we swaddle him and that's the only way he gets whatever little sleep he gets. We've got those velcro kind swaddles as well. Without the swaddle we can forget about him sleeping - though last week was the first time ever he just fell asleep on my lap for about 20-30 mins without a swaddle or anything. We had never seen that before and it was super exciting. Hopefully he will get better with time as we do some rays of hope every now and then. When that happens we get all excited and think things are getting better and then the next day back we are. Haha.

At 3 months now, at some point we will need to figure out a way to get him to start sleeping without being swaddled, though not quite sure how that will happen as even after swaddling him, it takes a good 20-30 mins to walk around while rocking him to sleep a little and then God forbid if you put him down on his own. You better sit there with him in your lap the entire time, however, long that nap might be (though rarely ever THAT long). I think there is nothing really to be done and he's not hungry - just a fussy kid who hates sleeping for whatever reason (maybe gone after me since I don't like to sleep much either). I think there's nothing we can do other than to freakin suck it up and ride it out and hope that he gets better sooner rather than later.

We looked into Snoo a bit yesterday and it seems like something we should have gotten right from the get go to make it worthwhile having it, as it seems like he would outgrow it pretty quick at this stage.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

you guys are reminding me of all my PTSD about having infants.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    V8s

@shakalaka , that sounds remarkably similar to my boy. Same scenario as 88crx, it turned out that he wasn’t eating enough. Once we started feeding him more, it sorted everything. Not suggesting this is the issue you’re having, but it might be worth putting a bit of thought into if you haven’t already.

Is baby Colicky? That is a bitch if they are... Just gotta ride that shit out.

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea we too initially thought maybe he isn't getting enough food, but that's clearly not the case cause when we do give him more, he is obviously gassy and in noticeable discomfort because of being over fed. Paediatrician told us we were overfeeding him when we moved up to 5 oz per sitting so we went back to 4 oz.

We definitely think that resulted in him getting colicky and acid reflux. We tried Enfamil Premium A+ ready to feed initially and when issues were persisting, shifted to hypoallergenic formula for a week and some (it smelt gross and didn't seem to make a difference so didn't continue). And then now he's been on Enfamil lactose free one for about a month and initially we thought it was a bit better, but not so much. This week he will probably finish all of that, so starting next we want to go back 'regular' formula and none of this lactose free/hypoallergenic shit cause it doesn't seem to be making a massive difference and we don't want him to never have the ability to have regular shit so I bought a bunch of Similac ready to feed but regular kind to start him on. Hopefully at 3 months plus now his digestive system is a bit better developed and can start digesting the enzymes and what not of regular formula.

Yea we too initially thought maybe he isn't getting enough food, but that's clearly not the case cause when we do give him more, he is obviously gassy and in noticeable discomfort because of being over fed. Paediatrician told us we were overfeeding him when we moved up to 5 oz per sitting so we went back to 4 oz.

We definitely think that resulted in him getting colicky and acid reflux. We tried Enfamil Premium A+ ready to feed initially and when issues were persisting, shifted to hypoallergenic formula for a week and some (it smelt gross and didn't seem to make a difference so didn't continue). And then now he's been on Enfamil lactose free one for about a month and initially we thought it was a bit better, but not so much. This week he will probably finish all of that, so starting next we want to go back 'regular' formula and none of this lactose free/hypoallergenic shit cause it doesn't seem to be making a massive difference and we don't want him to never have the ability to have regular shit so I bought a bunch of Similac ready to feed but regular kind to start him on. Hopefully at 3 months plus now his digestive system is a bit better developed and can start digesting the enzymes and what not of regular formula.
    Yeah when baby does not feel well and has those kinds of pains, no amount of coddling will help them not hurt so they will always be fussed and out of sorts. Sadly you just have to ride it out. At least the bond is going to be strengthened for all the holding!

My Ride
    Silverado

I just "donated" 3 garbage bags of kids clothes, most looked new, some shit still had tags. What a waste of money. Buy the cheapest of whatever you can find.

Page 68 of 92 FirstFirst ... 58 67 68 69 78 ... LastLast