School me on being a Dad - Page 82 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 82 of 92 FirstFirst ... 72 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1831

Thread: School me on being a Dad

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it safe for kids to golf? Is that a pathway to steroids?
    They should be okay as long as they are drinking beer and not pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    Curious to hear from other beyond parents with younger kids, what activities do you have them signed up for?
    Right now our daughter (5) has been doing swimming and ballet since she was around 3.
    We signed her up for taekwondo since last summer but not sure whether we want to keep it once she's 6 as then they expect her to come in twice a week.
    We also want her to take music lessons too once she's 6 or 7.

She was doing gymnastics too this year but unfortunately the gym she was going is closed indefinitely due to building issues.

Ultimately we are thinking to have signed up to 3, max 4 activities when she has school.
    A bit late to the party but with our 5 yr old daughter we have her signed up for skating (Canskate in Fall, Winter, and Spring) and now she's starting her first season of U7 girls hockey. We sprinkle in some swimming lessons as schedule permits (and if we we're lucky enough to get a spot a Vecova.... fills up in minutes once they open up signups). This past summer I purchased a used kid kart and brought her out to Strathmore on Monday nights for kid kart lapping (they allow kids as young as 5) and she seems to enjoy it. We've tried baseball previously and soccer and she didnt seem too intersted in that. We did some sking last winter and she enjoyed it but it's tough with the U7 schedule to find time to anything more than hockey at the momment.

Dont have much going on for my 2 year old son right now, but this winter we're planning on strapping the skates on him and get him on the ice.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

This weeks a fucking grind, 3 yr old is not feeling the whole idea of sleeping between 1-4 it seems for some reason... She doesn't know why, last night she kept saying "i just dont know the truth" haha... what is that creepy shit!!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Name:  giphy truth is out there.gif
Views: 332
Size:  2.55 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I'm pretty sure up until recently my 5.5 year old probably thought the only thing the iPad was for was watching hockey but now he gets half an hour of computer time a week at his before/after school care he's starting to get more interested in games. We've been using an additional half hour to an hour of computer time successfully on the weekend for good behavior and getting chores done or remembering to bring things home from school (because he fucking sucks at that) but so far its just games on friv.com on my computer.

Looking to maybe get him on the iPad for weekends we are traveling and he's still earned his time. What kind of games are there that are kid appropriate? I don't mind paying for a game up front but I dont want any of these micro transaction bullshit games, or ones swamped with 5 minutes of ads before you can play. Whats everyone's kindergarden to grade 2 kids up to on the ol tablet these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    ////M

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    Looking to maybe get him on the iPad for weekends we are traveling and he's still earned his time. What kind of games are there that are kid appropriate? I don't mind paying for a game up front but I dont want any of these micro transaction bullshit games, or ones swamped with 5 minutes of ads before you can play. Whats everyone's kindergarden to grade 2 kids up to on the ol tablet these days?
    In for this! So tired of all the ads and games that I can barely navigate
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

My Ride
    V167

Snoo update. It is now a $2000 clothes rack/folded laundry holding area.
    Used once. I did not like it at all. Very unsettling watching this thing at medium to high speed. I'll pack it up soon and prepare it for resale.

Baby is sleeping 3hrs at a time at night in bassinet. She will sometimes sleep for 30 minutes in bassinet for naps but then wakes and needs to be Held.

Time flying by she is almost 3 months

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post
    Used once. I did not like it at all. Very unsettling watching this thing at medium to high speed. I'll pack it up soon and prepare it for resale.

Baby is sleeping 3hrs at a time at night in bassinet. She will sometimes sleep for 30 minutes in bassinet for naps but then wakes and needs to be Held.

She’ll be crashing your car in a heartbeat. Take it all in.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

I'm pretty sure up until recently my 5.5 year old probably thought the only thing the iPad was for was watching hockey but now he gets half an hour of computer time a week at his before/after school care he's starting to get more interested in games. We've been using an additional half hour to an hour of computer time successfully on the weekend for good behavior and getting chores done or remembering to bring things home from school (because he fucking sucks at that) but so far its just games on friv.com on my computer.

My kids will play the "endless wordplay" games, which I think are pretty good for teaching reading, letters, and some puzzle solving. Khan academy stuff is pretty good too. I actually also had a really great time playing Sackboy's adventure on PS5 with my 4yo daughter. It's not really educational, but it's a great game to play with a kid because you can carry them through the hard parts and they can play the easy parts.

My Ride
    VAG products

Quote Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post

Haha the snoo does end up looking quite violent, I always just turned it down when that happened and honestly when it gets to that level, the snoo is not going to work. We found it useful for the most part.. but even though we found it useful she outgrew it in about 4ish months.

Going on 5 nights in a row of no night time wake up’s for my 6 month old. Heading to Mexico on Sunday so I’m sure he will sleep like a little shit while we are down there.

My Ride
    VAG products

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    Going on 5 nights in a row of no night time wake up’s for my 6 month old. Heading to Mexico on Sunday so I’m sure he will sleep like a little shit while we are down there.
    Good luck - our 8mo old was on a solid full night sleep for months.. until we went to Phoenix in September and her sleep got fucked right up... It wasn't until 2-3 weeks ago we got her back to normal again. It was painful lol. Hopefully your experience is better!

My Ride
    This and that.

We had our little guy's second set of immunizations yesterday. Man that shit is hard to see...a little baby get poked multiple times by massive needles. He's feeling a bit down this morning with slightly elevated temperature but with a little Advil and continuous supply of milk, hopefully he will feel better soon.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

No kids for me but both my sisters have toddlers. They're also both frugal as hell. Sister 1 has a 2 year old boy, sister 2 has a 2 year old boy and is expecting a second boy on Jan 1.

I've got xmas gifts for the nephews already, but any advice what I could get the parents that would be appreciated and a bit of a reasonable luxury for parents of toddlers? I.e. I'm looking for something that makes raising toddlers just that little bit easier, but that they wouldn't buy for themselves otherwise because frugal.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    No kids for me but both my sisters have toddlers. They're also both frugal as hell. Sister 1 has a 2 year old boy, sister 2 has a 2 year old boy and is expecting a second boy on Jan 1.

I've got xmas gifts for the nephews already, but any advice what I could get the parents that would be appreciated and a bit of a reasonable luxury for parents of toddlers? I.e. I'm looking for something that makes raising toddlers just that little bit easier, but that they wouldn't buy for themselves otherwise because frugal.
    Give them a gift card for their fave restaurant, babysit the kids for them and let them go for a night out without having to think about the kids

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    This weeks a fucking grind, 3 yr old is not feeling the whole idea of sleeping between 1-4 it seems for some reason... She doesn't know why, last night she kept saying "i just dont know the truth" haha... what is that creepy shit!!
    Lol! I had one of those too... When he was 3 he had a massive meltdown and there was no consoling him. Finally got him to stop bawling and he sat there sniffling and says "I don't want to grow up... Life was easier when I was little!" Fucking 3 year old had it already figured out ahaha!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Minecraft and Roblox. I'm also logged into her Roblox on my laptop, so can see what games she's playing, her chat logs etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

1 week into baby #2….

Shit was wild. Nearly had a front seat baby on the way back to south health after being told to go home and come back later. I broke several traffic laws and illegally parked but what’s a dad to do. Wheel chair sprint through the hospital, couple minute wait for maternity receptionist to “check us in”, don’t worry take your time while my wife is birthing a fucking child in a lobby chair, and then literally 30 seconds in the room before baby arrived. Doctor wasn’t even there yet. Fucking nuts. But everyone healthy and happy.

Coming down off that kind of adrenaline is crazy.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Sometimes they come pretty quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    V167

Many congrats @88CRX . Glad to hear mom and baby are well. Second one often comes very fast. I've had to literally catch more than a few of them during my OB training days.

Our #2 turned 3 month old yesterday. We are still getting used to the change in workflow having 2 kiddos. Things are slowly falling into a rhythm. She sleepsnin bassinet at night time for 2 to 3 hours at a time. Thank God. We will slowly have to end the very cozy act of holding and cuddling baby for naps.

Page 82 of 92 FirstFirst ... 72 81 82 83 ... LastLast