Quantcast
Trudeau and WE Charity - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Trudeau and WE Charity

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I'm watching the question period and every time they show Turdeau's smug face I wish I could reach across the Atlantic Ocean and bitch slap him from Spain. His yuppies reading their prepared statements is ridiculous.

The fact his cabinet stands behind him is disgusting. The whole parliamentary system is broken if these investigations can't produce answers or hold ministers accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm watching the question period and every time they show Turdeau's smug face I wish I could reach across the Atlantic Ocean and bitch slap him from Spain. His yuppies reading their prepared statements is ridiculous.

The fact his cabinet stands behind him is disgusting. The whole parliamentary system is broken if these investigations can't produce answers or hold ministers accountable.
    The canned responses and inability of the Liberals to answer ANY question makes me sick.

Its embarrassing people consider them leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    The canned responses and inability of the Liberals to answer ANY question makes me sick.

Its embarrassing people consider them leaders.
    There is no accountability so there is no reason to be truthful or actually answer questions. Until there is a threat of an opposition party that can win an election it will just be the same when they get busted.

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    There is no accountability so there is no reason to be truthful or actually answer questions. Until there is a threat of an opposition party that can win an election it will just be the same when they get busted.
    The only thing keeping these thieves in power is covid for now. I feel like it's pretty likely the Conservatives could form an alliance of sorts with another party right now to get him out with a non confidence vote, they just don't want to inherit this covid shit until things are as bad as they can get so the only option is up and they can look like heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    The only thing keeping these thieves in power is covid for now. I feel like it's pretty likely the Conservatives could form an alliance of sorts with another party right now to get him out with a non confidence vote, they just don't want to inherit this covid shit until things are as bad as they can get so the only option is up and they can look like heroes.
    The Conservatives need two parties to pass a non-confidence vote (and specifically, they need the NDP and the Bloc, as no other two parties can carry a majority). The Bloc will support whoever gives them what they want, so as long as the Liberals are willing to do that to stave off a vote, that's what will happen, unless the CPC is willing to offer more in the event an election brings around a Conservative minority government, but why take the risk?

The NDP can't afford an election, and the Conservatives won't have a leader for another month, so they can't force anything before then. Any given the leadership candidates, they can't really force anything after, either.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The bloc have 0 issue with Trudeau lol.

Them wagging the finger at the liberals is nothing but smoke, mirrors, and parlour tricks. They currently have the country by the balls, current situation is literally as good as it gets for the bloc.

Hilarious for anyone to think otherwise.

CPC is and will continue to be useless for the foreseeable future, shame Poilievre didn’t run. I don’t care what skeletons are in his closet I would vote, donate, door knock whatever it takes for that guy and some fiscal sense to run the country for a couple years.
    Last edited by killramos; 07-21-2020 at 06:27 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

The only thing keeping these thieves in power is the fact that nobody actually cares about any of this, especially where votes actually matter. Quite frankly, if there was an election in the near future, I would bet on them winning a majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I mean this just screams having no idea how federal politics are these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    The only thing keeping these thieves in power is the fact that nobody actually cares about any of this, especially where votes actually matter. Quite frankly, if there was an election in the near future, I would bet on them winning a majority.
    This is correct.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    it's almost like there is one rational answer to Canada's disfunction...

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    As my man Pierre rightly points out, the Canada Summer Jobs program already exists. Seems like it would have already extended to charities though perhaps not for completely voluntary work which, if paid, would inherently make it not volunteer work to begin with.

https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releas...sses-and-young
    I know fuck all about Canadian politics but this dude seem pretty legit, is there a reason why he isnt running for leadership?

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

There seems to be several paralells between this and the Sponsorship Scandal that took down the liberals in the mid 2000's. Except this one was way more blatant and way more money.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    I know fuck all about Canadian politics but this dude seem pretty legit, is there a reason why he isnt running for leadership?
    I think he's just biding his time and smartly working to create a fanbase with the endless goldmine of incompetence and negligence he can mock from the back benches and wait for the timing and political climate to be suitable for a run.
    Trudeau and his handlers also waited a long time if you think about it. Justin's speech at his father's funeral told me "this guy will be PM and they should get him in there, soon!". That was in 2000. Instead the Liberals fumbled along with flaccid morons like Stephane Dion and Ignatief for will over a decade while anti-Conservative momentum grew. Then they threw someone who would really be popular in so they could get a stranglehold and really get their claws into some policies they wanted in place.

The Liberals know WtF they are doing. So do the Conservatives - they are in "rebuild years" while Justin runs amok.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I think he's just biding his time and smartly working to create a fanbase with the endless goldmine of incompetence and negligence he can mock from the back benches and wait for the timing and political climate to be suitable for a run.
    Trudeau and his handlers also waited a long time if you think about it. Justin's speech at his father's funeral told me "this guy will be PM and they should get him in there, soon!". That was in 2000. Instead the Liberals fumbled along with flaccid morons like Stephane Dion and Ignatief for will over a decade while anti-Conservative momentum grew. Then they threw someone who would really be popular in so they could get a stranglehold and really get their claws into some policies they wanted in place.

The Liberals know WtF they are doing. So do the Conservatives - they are in "rebuild years" while Justin runs amok.
    You put way too much faith in the ability of political parties to see past their noses

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    The people he’d need to make promises to in order to get elected for leadership would make him unelectable in Ontario for anybody who already doesn’t blindly vote conservative.

He’s got a lucrative role, no need to give that up. A career politician like him won’t make a leadership push until he’s ready to retire in case it goes sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    I mean this just screams having no idea how federal politics are these days.

Ah yes, I forgot. Left and only left, grumble grumble grumble.

My Ride
    4x4

https://trib.al/WdsO0xJ

Yeah they've been digging into that WE charity, and WE charity foundation thing.

Totally not a scam to steal money when you say it's the big group you're sending the money to with assets to seize but send it to a shell corporation that owns nothing.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    https://trib.al/WdsO0xJ

Yeah they've been digging into that WE charity, and WE charity foundation thing.

Totally not a scam to steal money when you say it's the big group you're sending the money to with assets to seize but send it to a shell corporation that owns nothing.
    I'm looking forward to hearing why 4 of WE's Directors resigned in June, presumably before this deal was announced on June 25th. Looks like this may be part of it...

https://www.canadalandshow.com/crime...rity-in-kenya/

This scandal will make a good CBC documentary one day... except they'd never produce it.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Morneau is getting absolutely eaten alive by P-Money during this finance committee testimonies.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Morneau is getting absolutely eaten alive by P-Money during this finance committee testimonies.
    And yet he still didn't answer his questions...
    God damn liberals.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

This shit is definitely moving well past partisan rhetoric and seriously into definitive corruption territory.

Like how many things can smell bad about this deal before people catch on that it’s serious.

fact.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast