Quantcast
COVID-19 Science Thread - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13

Thread: COVID-19 Science Thread

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Well, not sure if vitamin is a clear help, but given almost everyone is deficient in winter months I've just added 1500ccs to my morning pill routine.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know there has been some talk of vitamin D and its usefulness against COVID, so if this article has been posted already, I apologize:

"We are consequently reliant on data which are imperfect in isolation, but which in their totality, present compelling evidence for a protective effect of vitamin D against Covid-19, and which strongly support urgent intervention in this regard."

https://link.springer.com/article/10...45-020-02427-9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Well, not sure if vitamin is a clear help, but given almost everyone is deficient in winter months I've just added 1500ccs to my morning pill routine.

Dr Fauci is doing 3000IU/day

Dr Seheult is doing 5000IU/day

It's all in that Medcram video I posted a couple days back. It doesn't only help COVID but also lower chance of standard flu as well. Toxicity isn't really a thing but there is diminishing return if you up the IU.

Also is your BMI is over 25, you should take a bit more.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-17-2020 at 05:40 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post

It's all in that Medcram video I posted a couple days back. It doesn't only help COVID but also lower chance of standard flu as well. Toxicity isn't really a thing but there is diminishing return if you up the IU.

You can basically get through this entire pandemic with Daniel Griffin, Michael Mina, TWiV and Medcram.

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post

That's where I got the link to the article I posted, but I didn't watch the whole video. I've upped my D to 2000 IU in winter for a number of years. Whether that has played a part in not even having so much as a cold in at least 5 years, I don't know, but I suspect it might. I will be upping to 3000-4000 IU as I am just about to sign the paperwork to become a frontline worker in a COVID+ environment.

My Ride
    ute

That's where I got the link to the article I posted, but I didn't watch the whole video. I've upped my D to 2000 IU in winter for a number of years. Whether that has played a part in not even having so much as a cold in at least 5 years, I don't know, but I suspect it might. I will be upping to 3000-4000 IU as I am just about to sign the paperwork to become a frontline worker in a COVID+ environment.
    Go track down some betadine as well.

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Go track down some betadine as well.
    For...disinfecting, as opposed to regular hand sanitizer? When I interviewed last week, they said since they began in April, they have not had any staff get the virus, so I am not too concerned. Still want to do what I can though.

I do have NAC on hand, which I purchased in May or so.

My Ride
    ute

For...disinfecting, as opposed to regular hand sanitizer? When I interviewed last week, they said since they began in April, they have not had any staff get the virus, so I am not too concerned. Still want to do what I can though.

I do have NAC on hand, which I purchased in May or so.
    betadine is an antiseptic rinse/spray that you blow up your nose and in your throat. Good data suggests that it can either rinse viral particles into your digestive tract away from your respiratory tract or kill the viral particles. It's a prophylactic. IT doesn't taste bad, or have any real side effects. Good studies, too. Worth it if you know you are going to be exposed.

My Ride
    Edge

betadine is an antiseptic rinse/spray that you blow up your nose and in your throat. Good data suggests that it can either rinse viral particles into your digestive tract away from your respiratory tract or kill the viral particles. It's a prophylactic. IT doesn't taste bad, or have any real side effects. Good studies, too. Worth it if you know you are going to be exposed.
    Thanks, I will look into it.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Interesting read. Have NOT fact checked, but Vox tends to be pretty on point.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/221...-heart-fatigue

I know there has been some talk of vitamin D and its usefulness against COVID, so if this article has been posted already, I apologize:

"We are consequently reliant on data which are imperfect in isolation, but which in their totality, present compelling evidence for a protective effect of vitamin D against Covid-19, and which strongly support urgent intervention in this regard."

https://link.springer.com/article/10...45-020-02427-9
    The biggest thing about VitD is that there is no negative sides to it and it is cheap and easily available. So even if someone feels the science isn't 100% secure that it prevents Covid or decreases symptoms, it's a no brainer to take it as a supplement regardless.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Vitamin d is so wildly safe and cheap it's weird that everyone doesn't take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    The biggest thing about VitD is that there is no negative sides to it and it is cheap and easily available. So even if someone feels the science isn't 100% secure that it prevents Covid or decreases symptoms, it's a no brainer to take it as a supplement regardless.
    For sure. Especially in winter when we know we can't get the vitamin d we need. I pay anywhere from $14-$16 for 500, 1000 IU softgels, depending on the sale. Crazy cheap for something that has great benefits even apart from COVID.

My Ride
    *The First*

My kids have been getting it forever but I had never taken it. I've now started, thanks to this thread!

I have zero science to back up what I am going to say but I have always thought maybe one of the reasons I do not seem to get sick often is I am a regular sinus rinser (just water/saline). It always seemed logical to me that cleaning your sinus cavity would reduce the virus load in that wonderful little breeding ground area give your body a bit less to fight off. I could be totally wrong but anecdotally it seems to do something as since I started sinus rinsing years ago I have noted a marked improvement in not getting sick or when noticing a bit of illness, seeming to get over it much faster with milder symptoms.

Adding betadine to the mix would probably up my game! haha!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Nasal rinsing is a superpower. Group buy on the betadine?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Interesting read. Have NOT fact checked, but Vox tends to be pretty on point.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/221...-heart-fatigue
    That is interesting. I have read of most of those lingering symptoms in various news articles and anecdotal reports that have come out over the past several months. And still so many on FB argue only to the deaths of elderly people (relegating the elderly to mere statistics), as though everyone else who gets over it, gets over it 100%.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13