Quantcast
COVID-19 Science Thread - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Science Thread

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Best way to protect your own family is to limit contact with EVERYONE. Funny enough, that seems to be really unpopular, as it requires planning and self-control.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Best way to protect your own family is to limit contact with EVERYONE. Funny enough, that seems to be really unpopular, as it requires planning and self-control.
    this

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    this
    dat

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynasty 88 View Post
    Just spent two weeks in Toronto. Mask use is 99.8%, every single person is wearing one. Even outside, mostly masked up. Cases are up huge. So is it the increase in testing? Seems we did a better job at attacking the first wave of Covid without masks. Headed for another lockdown as sadly this proved to be more effective.
    We heard from one of our old employees who has been living in China for a few years now over the weekend. He said it's completely life as normal there, Covid isn't even on their radar. No masks, no precautions, no nothing, and everything is fine.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    We heard from one of our old employees who has been living in China for a few years now over the weekend. He said it's completely life as normal there, Covid isn't even on their radar. No masks, no precautions, no nothing, and everything is fine.
    Pheoxs - ermagherd right wing xenephobic asshat you can't trust anecdotes!!!? Reeeeeeeeeee

Lol

They can't even tell us ALMOST A YEAR later if covid can reinfect a person. But yes, masks make a confirmed difference

Extra is right, social distancing is probably the best way to avoid getting sick. Almost like people wearing masks are going to be social distancing anyways... Correlation, causation, blah blah blah.

My Ride
    Bicycle

The Chinese is the grand master of pulling people out of circulation at lighting speed tho. So anyone with COVID will be disappeared very quickly and that's why they are winning this battle.

Guizhou is now the big data valley of China and CCP is collecting/processing everyone's info there. It won't be hard to do contact tracing and nail down who got infected.

And here we have Hinshaw pleading for people to cooperate and mostly fell on deaf ears:
    https://globalnews.ca/video/7395191/...acing-hinshaw/

That is why the west ain't getting better and relies on "this is nothing but a scratch" narrative.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 10-14-2020 at 01:40 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

Is it normal to have a phone app that gives you permission to enter public spaces?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

China has perfect contact trracing and movement data on everyone already. They didn't need a new app, Wechat already does it.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    The Chinese is the grand master of pulling people out of circulation at lighting speed tho. So anyone with COVID will be disappeared very quickly and that's why they are winning this battle.

Guizhou is now the big data valley of China and CCP is collecting/processing everyone's info there. It won't be hard to do contact tracing and nail down who got infected.

And here we have Hinshaw pleading for people to cooperate and mostly fell on deaf ears:
    https://globalnews.ca/video/7395191/...acing-hinshaw/

That is why the west ain't getting better and relies on "this is nothing but a scratch" narrative.
    The turning point on ALL of this was when our medical authorities in the US and Canada went SJW and supported the BLM protests. Dumbest move ever, and now they (we?) are paying the price.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Science
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

social science is science. It's right in the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Please share this CDC data, I think it's an interpretation issue.

Again, given how Americans despise masks, given mask wearing is a group effort, just because mask wearers getting infected isn't a very good indication to discourage mask wearing. IE if the infected are coming from area where mask wearing indoor is under 70%, that's understandable.

At this point, I would rather discuss about effectiveness of vaccine but here we are.
    This fake fact checking propaganda site has the actual chart. As with anything like this, the original source of information becomes impossible to find. The pretend fact checker is claiming it as fake because of specific wording they are attributing to some claims, despite the fact they included the chart that is being shared and they aren't denying that information is correct. Not really relevant to the reason I posted about it. I was just curious what peoples thoughts were on the these numbers, and that this chart is showing that mask wearers are the main people being infected.

https://www.newswise.com/factcheck/v...?page=2&search[status]=3&search[sort]=date+desc&search[article_type]=240&category=

There's unfortunately nothing to chat about in regards to vaccines right now, other than it doesn't look promising with everyone halting their trials.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    whoa whoa whoa, asking for data. That sounds like a leftist TDS libtard thing to expect. Don'tcha know they'd rather just point to invisible studies.

There's no convincing him of anything else. The message has always been that wearing a mask helps reduce your chance of spreading it to others if you happen to be sick. 9 people wear masks, one person doesn't that is infected, everyone catches it and OMG SEE MASKS DON'T WORK is their justification.
    Says the guy who consistently dodges any form of meaningful discussion if it looks like it goes against his own ignorantly incorrect ideas. lol
    Last edited by Misterman; 10-14-2020 at 09:49 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This fake fact checking propaganda site has the actual chart. As with anything like this, the original source of information becomes impossible to find. The pretend fact checker is claiming it as fake because of specific wording they are attributing to some claims, despite the fact they included the chart that is being shared and they aren't denying that information is correct. Not really relevant to the reason I posted about it. I was just curious what peoples thoughts were on the these numbers, and that this chart is showing that mask wearers are the main people being infected.

https://www.newswise.com/factcheck/v...?page=2&search[status]=3&search[sort]=date+desc&search[article_type]=240&category=

There's unfortunately nothing to chat about in regards to vaccines right now, other than it doesn't look promising with everyone halting their trials.

- - - Updated - - -

Says the guy who consistently dodges any form of meaningful discussion if it looks like it goes against his own ignorantly incorrect ideas. lol
    I'm confused. You clearly said the CDC released information then you link to a fact checking site that says the rumor is false... so you're admitting to just spreading false info in here? Because that's what your own link says... How am I dodging meaningful discussion when you're linking fake info. I'm not going to discuss false propaganda.

Here's the CDC's actual releases, some of it is actually useful. They even just released guidance on the vaccine rollout

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...s-new-all.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ccination.html
    Last edited by pheoxs; 10-14-2020 at 10:04 PM.

My Ride
    ute

I saw the new TWiV just dropped. The description says they discuss the vaccine trials - although I haven't gotten to that part yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I'm confused. You clearly said the CDC released information then you link to a fact checking site that says the rumor is false... so you're admitting to just spreading false info in here? Because that's what your own link says... Like, how am I dodging meaningful discussion when you're linking fake info. I'm not going to discuss false propaganda.

Here's the CDC's actual releases, some of it is actually useful. They even just released guidance on the vaccine rollout

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...s-new-all.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ccination.html
    lol. You cannot be as dumb as you present yourself. So you didn't even read my post where I am including the link. Did you at least look at the chart in question and have anything to say? Or do you just want to keep proving me right and go down some strawman hole and ignore the conversation with some attempt at an ad hominem?

My Ride
    ute

Do you guys want me to go start another ACTUAL science thread, and leave all of you wrong-side-of-the-bell-curve feces flingers here on your own?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    lol. You cannot be as dumb as you present yourself. So you didn't even read my post where I am including the link. Did you at least look at the chart in question and have anything to say? Or do you just want to keep proving me right and go down some strawman hole and ignore the conversation with some attempt at an ad hominem?
    The fact checking link says the claim is false. And the link inside (below) also says it has flawed reasoning and even explains why its false.

Flawed reasoning: Of all 314 individuals in the study, there were only 11 who never wore masks. By default, a comparison of the proportions of people who wore masks and those who never wore masks would show mask wearers to be the majority.
    https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...a-posts-claim/

Coronavirus are <0.125 microns in size. Slave Muzzles filter particles 0.30 to 0.80 microns in size. The Muzzles are useless.

Slave Muzzles become an ideal place for viruses to thrive due to exhaled air within the muzzle and contact with the warm human body.

90% of COVID-infected individuals are not contagious enough to transmit the illness and 94% of those who died from the virus had 2-3 comorbidities .

Per CDC, the survival rate:
    0-19: 99.997%
    20-49: 99.98%
    50-69: 99.5%
    70 & over: 94.6%

Life expectancy in the USA per CDC: 78.7

Therefore, Open up the country, end any lockdowns, stop a forced mask policy, social distancing , and get on with life.

If inclined, Take Vitamin C, D3, Zinc, HCQ and get some exercise for prevention to boost your own Immune system. No need a vaccine when there are already cheap therapeutics available for treatment and prevention.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Do you guys want me to go start another ACTUAL science thread, and leave all of you wrong-side-of-the-bell-curve feces flingers here on your own?
    I want a real science, pro-choice and atheist thread.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 10-15-2020 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    Coronavirus are <0.125 microns in size. Slave Muzzles filter particles 0.30 to 0.80 microns in size. The Muzzles are useless.

Slave Muzzles become an ideal place for viruses to thrive due to exhaled air within the muzzle and contact with the warm human body.
    When I read stuff like this, it simply boggles my mind that the human race can produce such levels of stupid.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast