Quantcast
Will you take the COVID vaccine? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Will you take the COVID vaccine?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, as soon as possible

65 46.76%
  • Yes, but will give it about 6 months to let the early adopters flush out issues

47 33.81%
  • No, not anti-vaxx but just don't want this one for whatever reason

22 15.83%
  • Hell no, Bill Gates ain't putting no microchip in my body! (anti-vaxxers choose this)

5 3.60%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you take the COVID vaccine?

Default Will you take the COVID vaccine?

Assuming a vaccine is released, what are your thoughts about taking it?

My Ride
    ute

yes, immediately.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I am the (so far) single "no" but I mis-clicked. I meant not immediately.

To me they still don't even understand what exactly the virus does in entirety, so how can they successfully vaccinate for something they don't fully understand yet? By the time a vaccine is ready we'll know more about long term effects of the virus than side effects of the vaccine. Granted a lot can happen between now and then that could alter that perception/position, this is just today's opinion. I am not big picture anti-vax, the only one I question is the annual flu shot however I think when my position on this one is settled, that one will also be by default.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Exploded.

Yes, but wait it out. Let's see if they turn early adopters into flesh-eaters.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Yes, at 1st chance.

I want to travel again.

2020 is the 1st year since working that I have not been out of the country.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, but wait it out. Let's see if they turn early adopters into flesh-eaters.
    +1, with how 2020 is going AND how every zombie movie is about a rogue vaccine / virus....
    Cos...

My Ride
    Exploded.

Will the vaccine become the new 'immunity passport'?

Now it's more enticing. I'd still wait it out.

Even though medicine has advanced exponentially, we're still humans and we can't even wash our hands regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Yes, at 1st chance.

I want to travel again.

2020 is the 1st year since working that I have not been out of the country.

My Ride
    *The First*

Oddly, no. Not for more like 1-2 years.
    The lack of basic understanding of this disease from what should be the most common sense perspective by thoroughbred professionals in the medical community is horrifying.
    As an example, I took (was forced to) another CoVid test Tuesday and received the negative results yesterday, just like the negative results I got on Canada Day. I am still being forced to self isolate for another four days because "I'd feel better if" mentality is reigning and we can only be sure someone doesn't have CoVid if they sit still for 14 days. Not 15, not 10. Fourteen.
    These are the Decision Makers' capacity for thought and they are working on vaccinations.

Oh, and my test was taken driving on the ice surface in a hockey arena after greetings by people two different with no PPE. You can't make this shit up.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

i would get it, likely immediately, these things take a lot of trials and science and all that jazz to get approved, everything should be "flushed out" before it's approved
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Well first it would have to have a high enough success rate, if it’s like a 30% thing with unknown side effects cause it was rushed into production... mmm... no, will monitor Buster’s zombie transformation before blindly diving in

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    The lack of basic understanding of this disease from what should be the most common sense perspective by thoroughbred professionals in the medical community is horrifying.
    As an example, I took (was forced to) another CoVid test Tuesday and received the negative results yesterday, just like the negative results I got on Canada Day. I am still being forced to self isolate for another four days because "I'd feel better if" mentality is reigning and we can only be sure someone doesn't have CoVid if they sit still for 14 days. Not 15, not 10. Fourteen.
    These are the Decision Makers' capacity for thought and they are working on vaccinations.

Oh, and my test was taken driving on the ice surface in a hockey arena after greetings by people two different with no PPE. You can't make this shit up.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I am the (so far) single "no" but I mis-clicked. I meant not immediately.

To me they still don't even understand what exactly the virus does in entirety, so how can they successfully vaccinate for something they don't fully understand yet? By the time a vaccine is ready we'll know more about long term effects of the virus than side effects of the vaccine. Granted a lot can happen between now and then that could alter that perception/position, this is just today's opinion. I am not big picture anti-vax, the only one I question is the annual flu shot however I think when my position on this one is settled, that one will also be by default.
    What a virus does to your body is one thing, but is not really relevant from a vaccination perspective. The virus' impact on our health is quite complicated, but the virus itself isn't particularly complicated. Eliminating it is not. A vaccine is a fundamentally different thing than the treatment of symptoms or even anti-viral medications.

In other words the benefit of the vaccine does not require any basic understanding of what exactly the virus does.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I will. I have faith in our health system and that anything released will have been adequately tested. I also expect the vaccine to be first approved/released in another region and then health Canada will do their own evaluation / trials before its approved for us.

While this is the fastest vaccine ever developed we also have far more advanced modelling and technologies going into this vaccine than prior ones. Most chemicals developed are safe for consumption, the trail portion is just about seeing if a) you actually gain immunity to the virus and b) how much of the vaccine do you have to take to make it effective. Like most of the vaccines in phase 3 trials are already tested and safe to consume, it's just trying to verify it actually protects people versus the antibodies wearing off after a few months.

TL;DR: I'll take it whenever it's available here but I wouldn't try to go down to the US and pay for it kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post

You're being forced to self quarantine because they're also trying to limit the spread of colds/flu so less people have similar symptoms and thus need to get tested. It's not rocket science, plus with a few days to symptoms then a few days to get tested and a few days to get the results back, your quarantine is likely done by end of next week anyways. Whats one more week? It's not like we're talking a long time.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 07-16-2020 at 02:46 PM.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

What if the vaccine gave you massive bitch-tits?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    In other words the benefit of the vaccine does not require any basic understanding of what exactly the virus does.
    Fair. I've never claimed to have an understanding of the science and didn't consider that possible point of view. If it's accurate it does negate what I posted, as does (somewhat) the "more advanced modelling and technologies" train of thought by pheoxs. I have a potentially outdated distrust of medical science in this area but I think it's ok to be skeptical about it. And yes, I realize my own logic is flawed when I completely accept the validity of polio/mmr vaccines but question the flu-shot. I'm not above having emotional/fear based responses to things but fuck, that's old news to everyone here haha
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    What if the vaccine gave you massive bitch-tits?
    Then I'd look forward to Kit and Ace jumping on that new market segment by releasing some silk-lined "Bros" (or is it a "Manssiere")
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

Legit question... If they say you can get sick again even after naturally catching the virus and developing the antibodies, how if the hell can they honestly develop a vaccine? It is just dead virus after all and if the real deal ain't gonna protect you long term, how is the artificially created one going to do it?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Legit question... If they say you can get sick again even after naturally catching the virus and developing the antibodies, how if the hell can they honestly develop a vaccine? It is just dead virus after all and if the real deal ain't gonna protect you long term, how is the artificially created one going to do it?
    No different than flu vaccines, lots of different strains each year and only thing humanity can do is play catch up and try to be on top of it.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Fair. I've never claimed to have an understanding of the science and didn't consider that possible point of view. If it's accurate it does negate what I posted, as does (somewhat) the "more advanced modelling and technologies" train of thought by pheoxs. I have a potentially outdated distrust of medical science in this area but I think it's ok to be skeptical about it. And yes, I realize my own logic is flawed when I completely accept the validity of polio/mmr vaccines but question the flu-shot. I'm not above having emotional/fear based responses to things but fuck, that's old news to everyone here haha
    What the hell is this? We're not allowed to change opinion based on presentation of evidence.....
    Cos...

My Ride
    ute

The simple answer is we don't have the answers to those questions - really any of them. We do know that the antibody levels in the body appear to be related to the severity of the disease that you had. We don't yet know how this translates to level of immunity or duration of immunity. So we don't yet know the level of immunity or duration of immunity of a vaccine. However, we do know that the Moderna vaccine (and likely the others), replicate an immune response that is roughly similar to someone who has had a more severe form of COVID. My guess (just a guess), is that the vaccine will be quite effective and we are unsure of duration. However, I think the worst case scenario here is that we have an unusually short amount of time between booster shots. Other viruses have this issue - like the hep ones, where you have a course of shots rather than just one.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Not necessarily. There are multiple different kinds of vaccines nowadays. One kind uses live virus' but in controlled (small) doses so that your body can fight it and create anti-bodies but its such a small dose you don't get sick. Others use de-activated virus' (which is what you mentioned) where your body still kills the virus but the virus can't replicate anyways. However there are also vaccines that don't contain the virus at all, instead they inject proteins that trigger similar responses for your body to build antibodies, these can be much safer because you can inject a lot more of the protein without having to worry about actually infecting the host. You have have herd the term 'spike protein' which is what this targets. This could lead to stronger antibodies than actually catching covid, this is kind is what is used for Hep B / HPV vaccines currently. Then there's also toxin based vaccines that inject a toxin that is similar to the virus that your body fights to build antibodies against it.

TL;DR: There's other kinds of vaccine technologies that can help develop stronger antibodies than even catching covid.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast