Quantcast
Shaw vs Telus - July 2020 - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaw vs Telus - July 2020

So my Shaw 300 deal just expired and my bill went from $84 to $102.90. even though I rarely got speeds faster than 150 on this plan, is there anything else out there that is comparable? Has anyone bundled the Shaw cellular service with their plan?

I strictly use my internet service to stream YouTube and internet so no cable tv or home phone package but would like to be in that $80/month range and now that retentions is gone I may need to look around.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If you can get Telus fibre in your area, you have a strong negotiating position and will get a good deal. If not, not. Shaw knows. Exactly who has options and who does not
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You shoukd always be able to beat the website deal. Current offer is $90/mo for 150 plan. I have 150 plan and I get 165/165 or higher 24/7/365. Even when streaming or watching tv elsewhere at the same time.

I get 150 plan plus tv for $105 and I've heard of cheaper.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue boy

Bumping this up. Does anyone know of any promotions at the moment?
    Currently with shaw, contract ends next month. 300 mbps internet and cable with 2 packages for 110 a month. Best they can do if i resign is 119 for the same package.

Telus is offering 75mbps speed internet and tv with 3 theme packs and 6 additional redeemable vouchers for 108$ a month and also 400$ in bill credits

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well my 2 year contract with Telus has expired. Was getting Fibre150 internet and TV 4+1 packs for $105+gst. Don't need any faster internet or more packages for TV, just want cheap overall price.
    What's the deal with Shaw these days? I haven't been keeping track.

Also, how the hell do I even contact telus? they seem to have removed all that from the website.

All the numbers are listed here:
    https://www.telus.com/en/ab/support/...type=ge-footer

or just call 1-888-811-2323

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Found the numbers. Stupid co-workers distracting me. I see there is also an online chat, I will see what that says, as I don't have time for a long phone call right now.

off-tpic, but shit like this, having to renegotiate your plan regularly, is why I don't use a "regular" cellphone provider.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 12-09-2021 at 11:29 AM.

I think if you click the chat icon in the lower right corner it'll take you there. Looks like you have to deal with the virtual chat before it'll connect you to a person

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Might not even need to call them, I was able to reduce my plan price just by going through the "Change my plan" button in my Telus account.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    Might not even need to call them, I was able to reduce my plan price just by going through the "Change my plan" button in my Telus account.
    The plan I was on is better than anything on the website. I am hoping ot just stay on the same plan. We shall see, as I've been told the loyalty team will call me back.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Open to suggestions. Previous was $65 for Fibre150 and $40 for Telus TV 4+1 theme packs = $105+gst.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Nothing to add to this thread but still no fibre in fairview. I swear we'll be last on the list because of boomer population doesn't care about internet. It's all overhead service too so I don't see why it shouldn't be easy to hammer out a fibre rollout too.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

I'm at $60 for unlimited Gigabit, and $75 for Optik 7+1. My bill is a little bit less than that though since there's EPP discounts applied on top. Initially signed up as a new customer, but was able to change my internet plan last month to the same thing-but cheaper.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I just renewed my Shaw, since my promotion with them ran out over a year ago and I've been paying full pop for a while. I was going to cancel and move to Telus, but when I called to cancel, the first rep I talked to offered us a decent deal to keep us on Shaw. So I sat on the deal overnight, and called Telus the next day to cancel the appointment, then called Shaw back a couple of days later to seal the deal. Unfortunately, the next rep I talked to said the first didn't write the offer in our account (she said she would) and refused to match the offer I was given a couple of days prior. I decided to wait a day and call for a different rep. Indeed I got a different rep, but they too were not willing to give me the offer. So I called back a third time a few days ago and insisted that if they cannot give me the offer as originally presented, I would need to speak to a supervisor/manager. My plan was to move to Telus if they didn't follow through.

After she put me on hold for 10 minutes so she could discuss with her manager, I was finally "allowed" to take advantage of what they had offered me - and was told this is a one-time thing that they will not do again for me. Surely a great way to make a customer feel valued - like I am trying to screw them or something...

Anyway, switched from Internet 75 to Fibre 75 (which is probably the same - just marketing speak), as well as received 2 $50 bill credits. I am paying $70 a month for 24 months.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I agreed to another 2 year term with Shaw for continuing 300mbps for $55/month, was paying $50 a month prior but $55 is still a good deal.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Well my 2 year contract with Telus has expired. Was getting Fibre150 internet and TV 4+1 packs for $105+gst. Don't need any faster internet or more packages for TV, just want cheap overall price.
    What's the deal with Shaw these days? I haven't been keeping track.

Also, how the hell do I even contact telus? they seem to have removed all that from the website.
    I called and was able to get the same deal extended two more years. Exactly same as what you have.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    I called and was able to get the same deal extended two more years. Exactly same as what you have.
    I just did the same. Extended for 2 more years.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    I agreed to another 2 year term with Shaw for continuing 300mbps for $55/month, was paying $50 a month prior but $55 is still a good deal.
    Damn straight it was. Although my $100 credit was great and all, you're paying $15 less a month than I am for 75mbps. That's 350 less over the course of two years, or 250 less if you consider my credit.

Now I feel gipped, when I thought I was getting a good deal.

Assholes.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Similar deal here. 300mbps and basic cable for $100 a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Yeah I signed up under a black Friday deal they had running 2 years ago, was $50 a month for 2 years and got a $400 bill credit worked out to be like ~$30-35/month for 300mbps internet factoring in the bill credit over the term.

They called me every 2 weeks or so trying to get me to renew for like $80 a month but I just kept saying I want to continue paying $50 and eventually got a dude who was like $55 a month, so I said sure.

We have Telus fibre in our neighborhood now but Shaw is so cheap, no reason to switch.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast