Quantcast
Shaw vs Telus - July 2020 - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaw vs Telus - July 2020

My Ride
    02 RSX

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So got in touch with Shaw today as my contracted ended. I was on their Shaw 300 plan for $89 and they came back and offered

Shaw 300 for 2 years @ $89/month
    or
    Shaw 600 for 2 years @ $90/month

Yeah no brainer there which I choose.
    I am on shaw 300 $60 per month expiring end of this month. the offer I get right on the website is $75 per month for 300

Quote Originally Posted by Russo View Post
    I am on shaw 300 $60 per month expiring end of this month. the offer I get right on the website is $75 per month for 300
    I think it depends on your IP, I get that offer too but others don’t see the same price. The agents on chat don’t have offers that low either.

My Ride
    02 RSX

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    I think it depends on your IP, I get that offer too but others don’t see the same price. The agents on chat don’t have offers that low either.
    I agree, they just track what you pay and slowly increase, and obviuosly not making it cheaper for ppl that already pay higher price....

it does give me the offer and I have an option to sign up as a new customer, wander if you just find a friend that has that offer and sign up from that IP lol

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I've had my Telus 940 plan since early August and it has been good so far.

Was $100/month but went down to $90 since we paired it with wife's cell plan.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

I just signed up for Teksavvy 60 mbps for 65 bucks. Everyone pray for me

My Telus contract ends in Dec and I just got an e-mail from them with an offer to renew for 2 more years at same price. They'll bump me up to the next speed tier and guarantee there will be no price increases for duration of contract.

This sounds too good to be true as I have a lot of monthly credits on this contract. I have to call in to take advantage of the offer so we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

If it includes my monthly credits that will mean gigabit plan with unlimited data for $55/month.
    ---

Can Shaw install with Covid precautions? I know Telus installers can come inside the house but Shaw installers still can’t. My cable line is cut inside the house (it’s just needs a connector placed on the line coming in the house). The hole in the house isn’t big enough for them to pull the line, add the connector and fish it back through, only big enough for the coax.

My Ride
    02 RSX

So, I called shaw today to see if i can get better then $75, they couldn't do it, told them to cancel my internet on Sep 15 and I am moving on, they tired to convince me with new mobile plans and such, told them the only way I would stay if i paid $65 per month, and to proceed with cancelation. Get a call 2 hours later with an offer for $65 per month... the guy canceled my cancelation, and signed me up.

lol

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    I just signed up for Teksavvy 60 mbps for 65 bucks. Everyone pray for me
    Lightspeed has 150mbps cable for 60 a month. Same service as teksavvy basically

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Lightspeed has 150mbps cable for 60 a month. Same service as teksavvy basically
    Well shit. Maybe I can cancel my teksavvy since they havent come yet... do you have lightspeed? Works well?

So, I called shaw today to see if i can get better then $75, they couldn't do it, told them to cancel my internet on Sep 15 and I am moving on, they tired to convince me with new mobile plans and such, told them the only way I would stay if i paid $65 per month, and to proceed with cancelation. Get a call 2 hours later with an offer for $65 per month... the guy canceled my cancelation, and signed me up.

lol
    Thanks for this, I signed up for the $75 the other day but the fine print says I have 10 days to cancel.

Can Shaw install with Covid precautions? I know Telus installers can come inside the house but Shaw installers still can’t. My cable line is cut inside the house (it’s just needs a connector placed on the line coming in the house). The hole in the house isn’t big enough for them to pull the line, add the connector and fish it back through, only big enough for the coax.
    The Shaw guy came into my house on Jul 31 when I had to reactivate the Shaw phone so I could have my number ported over to Telus (they fucked porting over up big time! ).

I thought that he would just hand it to me at the door but he came inside and installed it even though when you call it says they aren't going to do any inside work.

Oh another note Shaw phone support is the worst now somehow.

You call, jump thru all those menus finally it gives you the option to call you back because the wait time is over an hour then it calls you back 2 seconds later to put you on hold for till an agent picks up... WTF is the point of that!!!

Also I can't count how many times they transferred me to a deadline when the agent couldn't help me. At least Telus doesn't do that even though half the agents are incompetent.
    Originally posted by Xtrema
    ZenOps is like everyone's crazy uncle.
    Originally posted by DayGlow
    How do you respond to stupid?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.
    Originally posted by Seth1968
    Zenops: Ok, but remember my dick is made of nickle.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    So got in touch with Shaw today as my contracted ended. I was on their Shaw 300 plan for $89 and they came back and offered

Shaw 300 for 2 years @ $89/month
    or
    Shaw 600 for 2 years @ $90/month

Yeah no brainer there which I choose.
    Did you call any special number? When I called, I was offered website prices, as my Shaw 600 plan ended recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    Did you call any special number? When I called, I was offered website prices, as my Shaw 600 plan ended recently.
    1-888-481-1081

I had to leave a message for follow up. I explained the situation about the site pricing and such.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Well shit. Maybe I can cancel my teksavvy since they havent come yet... do you have lightspeed? Works well?
    Its the same as teksavvy. Both are Shaw resellers so same last of mile service.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Had a similar problem-moved into a new house at the beginning of lockdown. Ended up getting the tech to lend me his tools & I terminated it myself, he verified it was all good to go in his truck and took off.

I have a Motorola DCX3400 you can have for free if you wanna stay old school. Assuming your parents are on shaw...

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Anyone have any opinions / experience with Shaw versus Telus out in Canmore?

Apparently the PVR I gave my dad isn’t working anymore and he was asking me about buying a new one. But it’s all on their old system so I figured rather than spend hundreds on a replacement PVR, what about upgrading to the new systems where they give you a free PVR etc.

He’s just on a crtc TV plan with a couple sport packs added, definitely want to keep cost below 60/mo for tv if possible since it’s only used on weekends. My mother would kindof like to add internet as well so if there is some way to get a bundled tv and internet plan for 70-80/mo that would be ideal.
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

lol
    I thought I got the $65 for Internet 300 plan as we agreed over the phone, later when I saw the contract it was $75. Not sure if they didn’t include the model rental. After many tries trying to get $65 like was promised, could only get $69 (had to downgrade from Blue Curve to Hitron modem) and $100 account credit.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-14-2020 at 12:39 AM.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    So my 300 plan for 80/mo plus tax is expiring in November. Contacted an agent to see if there is anything similar or even something smaller they can offer me at a similar rate. She came back with Internet 25 at $80... 1/12ths of my current speed at the same price LOL.

I had 10 or so devices registered on Shaw Go but now IDGAF and swtching to Lightspeed. Good riddance to bad BS.
    But that is $90 regular price, what savings!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast