Quantcast
Old millennial meets - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old millennial meets

Default Old millennial meets

Okay, you know who you are, millennial but an older millennial. 29+ generally and nor necessarily happy to be called a millennial despite actually being one.

So where are the car meets for this little 10 or so year gap of people (29-38 or so). Don't feel like you fit in at Deerfoot and most definitely not a Barlow peep and a no go on gen X or boomer meets so where ya meeting up?

Just trying to help out some beyond members, actually, a lot of beyond members - post up the locales/dates/times.

Hell, I might show up although I most definitely do not have anything worthy of parking at a meet - could walk through but I'd be the grey long haired old fart that would stick out like a sore thumb, I'd be just as out of place as I am at Deerfoot.

So where abouts, Aspen Starbucks?

There's a meet tuesday nights on the top of 69th street parking garage. If I work late I always see a bunch shit civics. I've seen some older people there but mostly kids I think.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, you know who you are, millennial but an older millennial. 29+ generally and nor necessarily happy to be called a millennial despite actually being one.

So where are the car meets for this little 10 or so year gap of people (29-38 or so). Don't feel like you fit in at Deerfoot and most definitely not a Barlow peep and a no go on gen X or boomer meets so where ya meeting up?

Just trying to help out some beyond members, actually, a lot of beyond members - post up the locales/dates/times.

Hell, I might show up although I most definitely do not have anything worthy of parking at a meet - could walk through but I'd be the grey long haired old fart that would stick out like a sore thumb, I'd be just as out of place as I am at Deerfoot.

So where abouts, Aspen Starbucks?
    speedog likes hangin' out with the 29-38 crowd.
    I don't blame ya, it's a good crowd.
    Still good lookin', knows stuff to hold a decent conversation, and overall not too annoying themselves or appear annoyed.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

For me anyway, I just groupchat a bunch of buds I've made over the last decade when I feel like a cruise and we meet wherever. Last summer some folks were hanging at Chinook again lol

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

In for info. Wouldn’t mind hanging out with some people who aren’t sitting on a two step and bench racing in a Tim Hortons parking lot.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Honestly the best way for these is to set up a private FB chat or something cause all the shitheads cruise everything on the internet and show up and 2 step everywhere. As soon as anything is mentioned publicly - all of them are ruined.

I don't bother going to meets anymore but I'm honestly tired of hearing from all my friends that meets are ruined. The easiest way is to stop talking about it whree it can be seen publicly

Name:  just-show-up-decal.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  62.8 KB

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

https://lifewithjson.com/2020/09/09/...legend-untold/

I’m still getting a few questions on when meets are happening and/or where… I guess I never really explained it other than on my IG story feed, so if you missed that 24 hour window, I guess you still don’t really know unless it was by word of mouth LOL! Truth is, I don’t have the answer anymore and I don’t think I will for a loooong time. The purpose of this post is really just to remove any affiliation of my name/blog with the meets currently happening at the old spot. I see some people still reposting my art and using it as a reminder for the meets, but they are not mine.

I wanted to give a quick shout out to Bill (https://officialthreetwenty.com) for giving me a few of these decals – they pretty much summarize what our car meets turned into. You see, last year – we decided to start a Cars X Bubbletea meet for fun just to change it up a bit. Some of our older meets were dying out or not even happening anymore and we were itching to just get together and shoot the shit like good ol’ days. I guess that was our problem. You can never have the good without the bad

I think this is where I can start to tell the tale of the urban legend known as Cars x Bubbletea. Long, long ago – there was a group of clans that wanted to revive the remnants of car meets and they did so by gathering all the legendary cars from far and wide for one big meet to discuss the old-wives tales of neon underglow, NOS and other finer things. Individuals from the far reaches of Germany and their clans from VoLkSVAWgen and OWdEE to the corners of Japan and their clans from HAWNda and toYODA and everything in between were present. It had been millenia since these clans had met and for the first couple of gatherings – it was grand and simple, yet majestic in its own right. It was a meeting of the minds where brothers and sisters joined as one – everybody knew each other and respectfully passed each other with bows and skirtsys. Even local merchants participated in this meeting and t’was not a single fear on those nights. Life was good and there was not a worry in the world.

The gatherings continued happily until one fateful night… A small group of grotesque infidels caught wind of these gatherings and decided to see what these were about. Understanding that these meets consisted of the highest powers from around the world, they sent in small numbers of sleuths to gather intel. Initially, these heathens alarmed no one – the clans believed that greater numbers were good to stand against the threat known as Ricers. Little did they know that these heathens in small numbers were the enemy at hand – it wasn’t until it was too late that they realized it was yet another Trojan horse attack.

Ricers were known as an underground group of individuals that never really knew which path to follow. They were non-believers of quality and lived only to cause disruption of the good for their own pleasure. Although there have been many trials and cases of this clan, they have failed to reform. Many question their ability to understand the ways of social acceptance and belonging and some Doctors have even cited lower intellectual scores than average. They are often A-sexual and continue reproducing by clinging onto their birth parents to continue funding their evil. The fight against this clan is an ongoing battle that continues today – they evolve and change their appearance quickly, so they can be difficult to identify… The lower ranks consist of panels painted with mud from that of a pig pen and wheels made from steel stolen from refineries, while the higher ranks are better at blending in with second-hand quality parts and blacksmiths that turned rogue and work out of alleyways and side streets. Do not let them deceive you.

It is because of the Ricer clan that the Cars x Bubbletea meet fell to its knees. They attacked quickly and ferociously with their newly acquired tech found by pairing Rice Krispies cereal and low quality metal tubes to create what they call burble tunes. Others continue to burn their Nankang tires creating blinding smoke and piercing noise as a mating call to bring forth more of their kind. They are merciless and dangerous in large numbers and are often seen reacting to each other with raging erections and extreme salivation.

The higher clans were split and sent back to their corners of the world once again. What was once known as a peaceful estate turned into a feeding ground for the Ricers. In hindsight, although it was too late, there was nothing the clans could do to prevent the inevitable. Evil can seep through in many ways and this is one of them. Today, the clans seek new refuge and continue facing the challenges that the Ricers bring and although peace may not be on the horizon, the ongoing battle will continue.

Anyway, please don’t be a douche – I see stories every day of meets being ruined by you losers. I know you might be reading this and chuckling about it thinking it’s funny, but it really, really isn’t. I may have re-told this story in a very historic way, but I meant every offensive word of it.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

What's 2 step?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    What's 2 step?
    this.

(From the sounds of it, I should be happy I don't know.)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Do the old fogey meets have snacks?

Asking for skr...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    this.

(From the sounds of it, I should be happy I don't know.)
    My car has a 2-step and it's great at the drag strip...useless anywhere else! Also very obnoxious out of the context of racing.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    What's 2 step?
    "2 step rev limiter" would have two settings, one at redline and a second lower rev limiter used for launch rpm, turbo spooling etc.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    ute

I actually don't understand car meets. Either meet for a drink and sow chow like someone who is socially adapted, or go for a drive like someone who likes cars. (Just don't make it a "cruise" or a "rally".)

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Do the old fogey meets have snacks?

Asking for skr...
    But you're already a snaccc tho. <3
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    Silverado

Anyone interested in seeing my Silverado? Mods include running boards, mud flaps, a childs car seat and a rear seat cover to protect from dog hair and kid mess. lmk when and where.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    ...Just don't make it a "cruise" or a "rally".
    The only rally was the 'rally at the alley' for $1 shots before 10. #eldermillennial
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 09-18-2020 at 10:52 AM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Anyone interested in seeing my Silverado? Mods include running boards, mud flaps, a childs car seat and a rear seat cover to protect from dog hair and kid mess. lmk when and where.

The only rally was the 'rally at the alley' for $1 shots before 10. #eldermillennial
    I'm in.

I am sure everyone would love to see my F150 stock ecoboost with bull and light bars. Oh, AND FUEL RIMS!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post

Pub crawl stop one!!

I think I get your guys joke though, aren’t 80% of the cars at the meets just normal cars with a spoiler and rims? Haha

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    Pub crawl stop one!!

I think I get your guys joke though, aren’t 80% of the cars at the meets just normal cars with a spoiler and rims? Haha
    My car doesn’t even have a spoiler and rims

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    I'd get more excited about seeing your car than most others, lol

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    You're just driving it around on the rotors??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast