Quantcast
F1 Hungarian Grand Prix 2020 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: F1 Hungarian Grand Prix 2020

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Default F1 Hungarian Grand Prix 2020

Miss me guys...? Ya know yaaa diiiiiiid...

So the traditional F1 Calendar got flushed down the toilet like the aftermath of a Vindaloo showdown. It is the third race in what now can be called the Wacky Racers.

In light of recent global events, Duck is not on the menu with LeClerc. He is not feeling Hungry. That might explain his lack of concentration and erratic driving. Vettel may want to end his Ferrari career with a bang.. with the shape of things happening in recent races, that might quite happen... literally. mayb he has lost his hunger to win?

Mid pack looks amazing. How racing point qualified 3rd and 4th beats me, but I do not care. Maybe they were more hungry out on the track for points?

Lord George Russell pulled a fantastic drive in qualifying. Sheer brilliance. Great performance by Williams. Rumour has it one of the engineers decided to change the oil a bit earlier than scheduled for increased performance. (Maybe he was reading one of the highly scientific threads on here..? Who knows..)

(Who the hell is Alpha Tauri..? Did I miss something during the lockdown?)

Its past my bedtime.. But I might sneak to the fridge. I feeling a bit.... 'Hungry'..

Name:  h00o4d7d9mb51.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  60.5 KB

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I missed this haha
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Kids woke me up way too early, so here I am watching the pre race show and see Max crash on his way to the grid on a wet track. Holy shit lol.

Front wing gone, and looks like suspension damage. I think his weekend is done.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kids woke me up way too early, so here I am watching the pre race show and see Max crash on his way to the grid on a wet track. Holy shit lol.

Front wing gone, and looks like suspension damage. I think his weekend is done.
    What is happening?! They are scrambling to fix it holy shit

My Ride
    Exploded.

Yessssssssss VERSTAPPEN

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Crashing to P2. Never seen them fix suspension so fast haha.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Crashing to P2. Never seen them fix suspension so fast haha.
    That was amazing to briefly watch! Most nerve wracking uggaduggas a tech ever did.

What’s this thing w Albon?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

wtf bottas? blown start and then from 6th down to almost last?

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    wtf bottas? blown start and then from 6th down to almost last?
    Whut?

Did I watch a different race?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

You must have. Bottas was 19/20 in lap 3 .....

https://youtu.be/8KhJUWlNnCk?t=91

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Whut?

Did I watch a different race?
    I was watching the youtube highlights and I still could not work out what went on.
    But great drive by Max. He was 'hungry' to get up to 2nd place...

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    You must have. Bottas was 19/20 in lap 3 .....

https://youtu.be/8KhJUWlNnCk?t=91
    Well I only caught the last bit, probably why I am confused.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    That was amazing to briefly watch! Most nerve wracking uggaduggas a tech ever did.
    I watched the whole repair from the in car camera. Ferrari mechanics behind him had their arms crossed and drooling that max wouldn’t make it. They finished with wheels on with 30s left and I could see the disappointment on the faces of the Ferrari mechanics behind their masks haha.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I watched the whole repair from the in car camera. Ferrari mechanics behind him had their arms crossed and drooling that max wouldn’t make it. They finished with wheels on with 30s left and I could see the disappointment on the faces of the Ferrari mechanics behind their masks haha.
    the salt

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Vettel probably hasn't been lapped on pace in a long fucking time. That has to sting.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    Vettel probably hasn't been lapped on pace in a long fucking time. That has to sting.
    Imagine if he hadn't questioned the change to soft and asked for medium instead.

No penalty for Albons guys drying the grid I thought was odd but then absolutely by the book for haas which highlights that it is a stupid rule. Also felt bad for kvyat asking a few times for slicks but they stayed silent. Not sure if the rule is they can't say anything?
    Great race for lance though bad race for latifi. I will buy some more sofina foods to increase development.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    Imagine if he hadn't questioned the change to soft and asked for medium instead.

No penalty for Albons guys drying the grid I thought was odd but then absolutely by the book for haas which highlights that it is a stupid rule. Also felt bad for kvyat asking a few times for slicks but they stayed silent. Not sure if the rule is they can't say anything?
    Great race for lance though bad race for latifi. I will buy some more sofina foods to increase development.
    The haas penalty rule makes sense. It’s to ensure the start isn’t predictable with everyone getting a perfect start.

My Ride
    Grimace

The haas penalty rule makes sense. It’s to ensure the start isn’t predictable with everyone getting a perfect start.
    That makes sense, it just made the start of the race more exciting.

This is the entire rule though, I had thought there would be more to it. If they had just said they were coming in I suppose it would be allowed.
    27)DRIVING27.1The driver must drive the car alone and unaided.
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...n-lap-guidance

Magnussen's team radio conversation indicated that the Haas team would have little in the way of defence, given how clear the discussion was.

Early on the formation lap the Dane said: "We've done the wrong thing, there's already a dry line."

His engineer replied: "Understood Kevin, what do you want to do? [Pause] So we'll do the start, and then we'll figure it out."

Near the end of the lap the engineer said: "OK Kevin, I think we'll box now, box now," to which Magnussen replied, "Yeah I agree, box now, box now. For dry, yeah? Box now for dry."

Grosjean's transgression appeared to be less blatant, but still illegal. On the formation lap he reported: "The track is drying a lot already... it's almost tempting to box and put slicks."

Just before the pit entry, his engineer said: "Box, Romain, box," before repeating it, and adding a message about adjusting a setting on the steering wheel tyre setting.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

There is more to it. That rule is the old rule used to ban everything from traction control, to any pit to driver communications to hep the driver at any time (even during a race). Remember the ban on coded messages? Or when Rosberg had a car problem in Singapore and the team couldn't tell him how to fix the problem and he had to manually guess what to do to reset the power? That was all interpreted under this rule.

When F1 lifted the ban on teaching drivers what to do, it did so under a technical directive that clarified this rule. It basically allowed open messages EXCEPT during formation lap. The fear was that the practice start off the formation lap gives the pits a ton of information over telemetry, and any instructions during the formation lap can sneak in details on how to get the perfect start. Technical directives aren't published, so generally we have no idea what they are. It's one of the reasons we argue so much about racing incidents and penalties, they're all laid out in technical directives that we don't have access to, except for some snippets reported by the press. Luckily, we have the TD that covers pit to driver radio technical directive in the press.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...803215/803215/

In the document, Whiting said the following messages will be allowed on the formation lap.

* Indication of a problem with the car, any message of this sort must include an irreversible instruction to enter the pits at the end of the lap.

* Information concerning damage to the bodywork of the car.

* Instructions to select driver defaults, this must be for the sole purpose of mitigating loss of function of a sensor, actuator or controller whose degradation or failure was not detected and handled by the on-board software.

* Indication of a problem with a competitor’s car.

* Marshalling information (race start aborted or other similar instructions or information from race control).

* Passing on messages from race control (this would include telling a driver that the last car has taken up position on the grid at the end of the formation lap).

* Oil or debris in certain corners.
    This TD along with the above exceptions was referenced in the decision document.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Wasn't that the race where Rosberg had to ask some specific question for his race engineer to give him the engine mode/setting he should be in, but Hamilton couldn't figure it out/ask the right question?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast