Quantcast
Anyone else seeing crazy delays on packages coming in from the States? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone else seeing crazy delays on packages coming in from the States?

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bump!

We have movement. Sat in a pile in Vancouver for 5 weeks. Totally ridiculous.

lol yes absolutely ridiculous but kinda funny cuz it was so ridiculous lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This - I went as far as setting up accounts with the big three (UPS, Fedex, purolator) so that the shipper can have anything (customs etc) charged to my account as needed automatically. Also nice to have SNR stickers on my door. No need to go to a CP depot to grab items anymore (they dont usually do drops now).

Forgetting about the delay with CP, I've been pretty lucky that they drop the packages even with signature required. I'm always here so I just go and grab it once I get the notification from the app. What does bug me though, is that I pre-pay duties through the app, and even though it's paid they don't drop, or even attempt a delivery, just straight to the local CP depot/post.

It's just interesting how all the private logistic companies can keep up with, even excel with parcel delivery (more shipping, more $$$). Where's all the extra $$$ going with CP, lol.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Zhariak View Post
    Forgetting about the delay with CP, I've been pretty lucky that they drop the packages even with signature required. I'm always here so I just go and grab it once I get the notification from the app. What does bug me though, is that I pre-pay duties through the app, and even though it's paid they don't drop, or even attempt a delivery, just straight to the local CP depot/post.

It's just interesting how all the private logistic companies can keep up with, even excel with parcel delivery (more shipping, more $$$). Where's all the extra $$$ going with CP, lol.
    Because I dont deal with CP a whole lot, I dont see them that much. I do like the SMB home pickup service though, but thats about all I need from them. All the extra $$$ is going to pay off their debts no doubt - they are not allowed to turn a profit if memory serves.

no

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Zhariak View Post

Canada Post, as part of the global postal Union, is responsible for delivering packages received from other countries at set rates. Since China is classified as a third world country, Canada Post gets almost nothing to deliver all the packages from China but they are still required to. This costs then significantly, especially at the customs clearance stage

Whereas FedEx and UPS still charge a arm and leg for anything overseas, Canada Post deliveries all the free shipping, subsidized by China, packages people buy.

My Ride
    rally pig

never dawned on me that Canada Post is really slow until now.

an item I ordered from China back in May finally arrived on Friday but I knew of the 2-3 months delay possibility, plus I ordered some smaller items from China and they arrived within 1-2 weeks.

right now I'm waiting for something from the states that was mailed on Aug 6. checked the tracking # and the package has been in Montreal since the 11

Delivery progress

Information updated: Aug. 24

Date Time Progress
    Aug. 11 1:11 pm
    Item has arrived in Canada and will be presented for review
    Montreal, QC

Aug. 7 2:16 pm
    International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
    Usjfka, USA
    1:44 pm
    International item processed in originating country
    Usjfka, USA

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    never dawned on me that Canada Post is really slow until now.
    I had a small package take 1.5 weeks from Edmonton. This week 2 small packages from Sask, 1 standard, 1 expedited took 7 business days.
    The expedited was "out for delivery" then said "delayed" and arrived 2 days later. W.T.F?

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

I have the same problem, ordered items from China and the US over a month ago for my son's birthday. Both show landed in Canada by the original carriers (China Post and USPS) a couple of weeks ago, both are still sitting in Customs and don't even know up on Canada Post's website. At this point my kids birthday is this week and his presents still aren't here...
    Last edited by mrsingh; 08-24-2020 at 03:28 PM.

More problems across Canada vs from US for speed.
    I think I could drive the parcel from Quebec faster.

Just received a parcel from CT sent by US postal service received in 7 days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2