Quantcast
Face Mask Buying Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Face Mask Buying Thread

Default Face Mask Buying Thread

Well since this is going to be a mandatory thing in Calgary, I know I personally have some questions and figured others might.

Where is everyone getting their masks (assuming non-disposable) and what are the good ones, bad one or otherwise?

Being an eyeglasses wearer, are there any that fit better with glasses? Don't fog up as easily?

I was thinking of this one because it can double duty later when working under the house or whatever, but I am not sure how it will do with glasses.

Name:  7D9DAE5B-0BD5-4368-8198-8BF8A89FAD68.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  59.4 KB

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I ordered a couple boxes of disposable from Costco.

In for details on material masks.

Sub'd, would like some options for the wife and I

My wife has been making masks for quite some time now, you can check out her gallery here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...63783409855554

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I have the WeddingStar ones and they are decent... now on Amazon too.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Don’t buy the ones with a regulator valve. Mine kept coming off when washing.

As for eyeglasses: wear mask first; pinch nose bridge; wear glasses on top of mask

It’s fine for me and no fogging
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Did the under armour pre-order... probably will be here late August

They come in different sizes, cooling effect material, water resistant, designed for sports so hopefully easy to breath through

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I have some in the style tirebob posted I bought for festivals last year but they don't fit my head well (granted I have a huge head and most things don't fit).

I've just been running the disposable ones still, grabbed a 200 pack back at the beginning of the year before things got crazy and we're still barely halfway through it and use them always.

I should look at reusable ones but with my luck I'll take them in to wash and forget them like the reusable bags then I'm SOL. Having a pack in the glovebox is just so handy... Prob just gonna stay with disposables since they're ~25-50 cents a piece anyways. I can skip out on Starbucks once a month to cover how much I use masks.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

The weddingstar ones are a bit too small for my big head.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I plan to pick up some gaitor style masks. Between my face and beard typical masks do not fit and are stupid uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    I plan to pick up some gaitor style masks. Between my face and beard typical masks do not fit and are stupid uncomfortable.
    Had the same issue and shocking as it is, I recently cut my beard back to stubble level! lol! Now I should fit a mask no problem.

I just ordered the AstroAI one. I figure if it isn't what I am hoping for in daily use, I can use it as a work mask when grinding of doing dusty shit.
    Last edited by tirebob; 07-23-2020 at 01:07 PM.

I picked up a couple from Vistaprint https://www.vistaprint.ca/masks/ . Decent reviews and have a removable filter. Ordered them yesterday and at the moment they said they won't be here until the 20th of August.

Quote Originally Posted by Alterac View Post
    My wife has been making masks for quite some time now, you can check out her gallery here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...63783409855554

Yeah my wife is a hardcore sewer and she can make them no problem but I want to try out these type of masks.

My Ride
    POS

Weddingstar ones look good but hard to breath because of the soft fabric inside that gets stuck to your nose or mouth when you breath. I got 4 for the fam and we all found them hard to breath in. My personal favorite is the vented ones with replaceable filters in the first post cause they don't stick to your face and very comfortable when breathing and talking. 2nd choice would be just plain disposable ones that lots of places are selling now.

My Ride
    NC1

I would like to know too. Currently just rocking the disposable ones but seeing how we are gonna have to wear them for awhile, might just pick up a batch in diff colors so I can match my t-shirt or something at work to keep it semi-fashionable.

Any stores you can walk in and grab some?

The reviews on the Wedding star ones on Amazon aren't that great so Idk
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I bought the 3 pack of cloth masks from Costco that had the dog on the box, pretty good quality for 12 or 13 bucks.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Well since this is going to be a mandatory thing in Calgary, I know I personally have some questions and figured others might.

Where is everyone getting their masks (assuming non-disposable) and what are the good ones, bad one or otherwise?

Being an eyeglasses wearer, are there any that fit better with glasses? Don't fog up as easily?

I was thinking of this one because it can double duty later when working under the house or whatever, but I am not sure how it will do with glasses.

I had 2 of these and they will need filters.

Pro: The neck strap reduce stress on ear loop. Ample space in front of your mouth so your don't sound as muffled as you speak.

Con: filter quality differs depends on provider and it's disposable. Mask is useless without them and they are are more expensive than disposable masks. Valves also wear out easily.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-23-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    I had 2 of these and they will need filters.

Pro: The neck strap reduce stress on ear loop. Ample space in front of your mouth so your don't sound as muffled as you speak.

Con: filter quality differs depends on provider and it's disposable. Mask is useless without them and they are are more expensive than disposable masks. Valves also wear out easily.
    I am not thinking about what I am breathing in as much as not spitting on people. The filter aspect is more about if I am working in dusty shit but yeah I do get your point.

Anything that goes around the ears is grossly uncomfortable, plus as soon as you take it off in the car it has to sit somewhere where it can potentially get dirty. I figured I would go the neck warmer route. Anytime I need a mask, can just pull it up from my neck to cover my face, then drop it back down when I leave the store or wherever I am. These guys have a sale on, 5 for 20$. That's what I just ordered. Can wear a new one every day or two, then wash them in the laundry every week or 2.

https://safishing.com/product-category/face-shield/

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post

I thought these types of masks with the discharge valves were basically defeating the purpose of wearing the mask because it still allows you to exhale your moist air just like you were breathing without the mask. Seeing as the purpose of the masks are not to stop things from getting in but droplets from getting out I was under the impression these type of masks were not recommended? That being said, I've been wrong plenty of times before so maybe I am wrong here too?

My wife sews so she's been making surgical style cloth masks for family and friends. I have a few Sask Rough Riders ones I have been wearing but I will probably get her to flange some up from an old dress shirt if I am forced to go downtown.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast