Quantcast
Hockey cards - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hockey cards

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHockey13 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya I think it was Global News or something I was watching just a few days ago that said sports cards have made a HUGE comeback during COVID and values have skyrocketed! Enjoy it! Me personally, I don't have much left, what I do have I left I'd probably just give to my nephew, not sure they're worth that much.
    Yea shit is nuts right now.

Also if you have any Jordan, Kobe and Lebron you're sitting on huge $$'s.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    Hey Ben! Do you have any graded stuff?

Also if you want to sell just throw up Facebook Marketplace adds. I throw everything on there before it hits ebay and have a pretty good success rate.
    Not really. I have some shit cards like Dahlin YG and Hishier YG buy they're lousy psa9.

I have a real nice 1967 Bobby Orr rookie of the year that I would love to send away but wait times are extreme. Wondering if KSA is a better option.
    Travel

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Not really. I have some shit cards like Dahlin YG and Hishier YG buy they're lousy psa9.

I have a real nice 1967 Bobby Orr rookie of the year that I would love to send away but wait times are extreme. Wondering if KSA is a better option.
    I wouldn’t bother with KSA. Most collectors refuse to buy KSA slabs and the ones that do sell go for significantly less. Just bite the bullet and wait it out from PSA or BGS. And really if your going to sell stick to PSA as they are selling for insane premiums right now.

Not sure what price level that Orr card falls at but the faster (and more expensive) service levels at PSA are much quicker. But you’re talking in the $50-$100/card range.

Also impressive Upper Deck set! A bunch of those insert sets are crazy hard to track down. Also the Draisaitl’s should be graded (which you know hah). PSA 10’s of those 2 cards are selling for $2k on the base YG and $1k on the Canvas YG. BGS in comparable grades selling for 25-30% less then that.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    I wouldn’t bother with KSA. Most collectors refuse to buy KSA slabs and the ones that do sell go for significantly less. Just bite the bullet and wait it out from PSA or BGS. And really if your going to sell stick to PSA as they are selling for insane premiums right now.

Not sure what price level that Orr card falls at but the faster (and more expensive) service levels at PSA are much quicker. But you’re talking in the $50-$100/card range.

Also impressive Upper Deck set! A bunch of those insert sets are crazy hard to track down. Also the Draisaitl’s should be graded (which you know hah). PSA 10’s of those 2 cards are selling for $2k on the base YG and $1k on the Canvas YG. BGS in comparable grades selling for 25-30% less then that.
    Ive never sent anything to PSA but Im certain my Draisaitls are top knotch. I have a handful of cards that would warrant a grading I figure, so whats the best way to do this and get them back in a reasonable time.

Any advice I would greatly appreciate.
    Travel

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Ive never sent anything to PSA but Im certain my Draisaitls are top knotch. I have a handful of cards that would warrant a grading I figure, so whats the best way to do this and get them back in a reasonable time.

Any advice I would greatly appreciate.
    Really you just fill our the PSA form online, package your cards up (they have videos showing how to do that) and ship them off.

PSA recently changed all their pricing but the most current stuff is here:
    https://www.psacard.com/pricing

So the Draisatl YG is in the $75usd/card express category due to its potential value. They say that is 15 business days but its longer then that (but should be in the ballpark). And all cards in the submission need to be in the same price level. Or you submit in the lower level and they might up charge you if they surpass that service level value limit. So you're either in the Regular $50/card (their cheapest level right now) or Express $75/card (both USD funds).

PSA's whole cost to grade based on the graded value is a total joke IMO... but PSA brings the premiums right now.

Second option would be BGS, they were cheaper but I think they just raised their prices last week. Their cheapest service is $35/card and legit could take a year lol. I have a submission from October that has done nothing at BGS since then. I'll be happy getting it back before September.

Also make sure you really check the surfaces for scratches. Look under a super bright light at multiple angles. Surface damage always sneaks by everyone.

Default Old basketball and hockey cards

Cleaning out my house and I've found some old basketball and hockey cards, some in plastic casings. Where would I go to see if any of them are worth anything?

I wish I collected basketball cards in my youth instead of hockey cards which are essentially worthless now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2