Quantcast
Dealing with dealer for warrantee/recall work - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Dealing with dealer for warrantee/recall work

Default Dealing with dealer for warrantee/recall work

Looking for beyond’s opinion on what I should do here....
    Purchased a new pickup from a local dealership in January this year and was having issues with the radio/head unit freezing up intermittently. After multiple trips to the dealer including once where I dropped everything and drove straight there while the issue was occurring, they agreed to replace the entire radio but it had to be ordered and would take a few weeks. A few weeks prior to them agreeing to replace the radio I had had a recall done for the radio in relation to the back up camera in hopes that the new software would solve the issue, to no avail.
    Fast forward to now, they have replaced the radio but it is using the old (pre-recall) software. I confirmed this by checking the software version on the radio and comparing with owners that have had the recall done. I am having some issues that were common with this older radio software currently (GPS only searches offline), however I have not experienced the actual issue that the recall was for.
    I called the dealer with a “no harm-no foul” attitude, asking that they update the software to the most current version to ensure the truck is compliant with the recall and I am getting some pushback on this due to the fact that recalls are a “once per VIN” item. I explained to them that I expected to have the new head-unit installed with at least the software that was on the radio when I brought it in and they said they will look at it and “see”. My suspicion is that I will bring it there and have them say “could not replicate customer’s issue, system working as designed”, the same line I got when I brought it there for the issues with the radio on day one.
    Am I out of line for expecting this or is this the sort of thing that people just suck it up and live with?

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

check your invoice and you should see a recall number on it. If they installed the same version of radio it should've have been updated. oh and buy the way still having problems after the reflash. I presume you bought a dodge/Chrysler product.
    Last edited by cancer man; 07-28-2020 at 02:41 AM. Reason: guessing on product.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

Thanks for your reply. Yes it’s the 12” dodge uconnect. I have confirmed that the radio has not been updated As it’s software version 18.xx.xx and post-recall is 20.04.19.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

That's kinda odd they installed the radio but didn't install the current up to date firmware. In the Parts side at my work, when you click on the radio, theres a little note that tells the technician "confirm current flash-ware is installed".

You could try another dealership but since the recall has been done technically, they won't get paid for it so if they can "GoodWill" do it.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Silverado

I don't care how nice the interior is or how nice the ride is. the service is notoriously bad.