Quantcast
Massive Port Explosion - Beirut - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Massive Port Explosion - Beirut

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We can see rep, but we have never snooped on PMs. We’ve never installed any plug ins to do so even though they’re out there. We have better things to do, and we’re better than that.
    Ummm, wasn't Evolize or whatever banned, and I thought the mods snooped his PMs to confirm he was doing business or something on Beyond without being a sponsor...I could totally be mistaken though, it was a long time ago. My memory has gotten worse with age...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Ford F150

I'd expect someone being reported for doing something they shouldn't via PM would in fact have their PMs read by admins to verify. Other than that, it's not something I'd worry about here. Other boards however it's an issue. Like rage mentioned, there's add-ons you can put in your board that even give the admin a pretty UI on the backend to go through all of them. Just something to keep in mind on some forums.

To get the thread back on track, that video showing the explosion from a dozen different cell videos posted is nuts. Every window of every building seen just blowing out
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Ummm, wasn't Evolize or whatever banned, and I thought the mods snooped his PMs to confirm he was doing business or something on Beyond without being a sponsor...I could totally be mistaken though, it was a long time ago. My memory has gotten worse with age...
    We didn’t snoop. A couple of people complained to us about it. I’m sure tons of people are doing business over PMs back then, and can easily get away with if you’re careful about it. The rules are purely honor system. If I remember right he was spamming PMs looking for unsolicited work and a few people complained about it. He had his fair share of haters so not surprising he got singled out. He was warned, told to buy sponsorship if he wanted to continue, didn’t, and we got more complaints and that sealed his fate. He was the only one to have been busted for that rule.

Mods can’t snoop at all without a plug in. The only 2 people that has access to the database or ability to install such a plug in would be Kenny and I. The closest we had to snooping was when we implemented cloudflare and I had inadvertently set a caching rule wrong, and everyone could read cached recently read PMs for a few hours, including mine haha. That one was my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    I'd expect someone being reported for doing something they shouldn't via PM would in fact have their PMs read by admins to verify. Other than that, it's not something I'd worry about here. Other boards however it's an issue. Like rage mentioned, there's add-ons you can put in your board that even give the admin a pretty UI on the backend to go through all of them. Just something to keep in mind on some forums.
    We never verified. Like I said it’s an honor system. If it was 1 person 1 screenshot, we would’ve ignored it. It was multiple people. I have no idea how many people he actually spammed, just know how many complained. I mean it could well have been a conspiracy to have him banned with a bunch of fake PMs but there was certainly enough complaints to seem legitimate at the time. So yea, I could have banned him if a group of people conspired to so. If that was the case, my bad!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Could be worse I suppose

Attachment 93457
    I wonder if people who send stuff like that would still be ballsy enough to do the same thing if they couldn't do so anonymously.

Chicken shit, keyboard warrior type of antics but just as amazing to me is that some people really, really do care about internet points.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Rage2/Beyond.ca spent $20k plus on legal fees to directly defend my allegations back when the Banerjee shit popped. They had never met me and took me at my word that I was being honest. I think we can put our trust in them and take them at their word when they say they would never snoop.

/thread derailed
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Another $25M in aid announced yesterday for a total of $30M.
    https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releas...stance-lebanon

Last i heard there were around 250k Lebanese diaspora in Canada... JT and the Libs certainly know how to buy votes.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Canada has spent more money on less deserving recipients.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

I’m biased, but I don’t really see how they are not deserving of aid relative to others who have received aid.

The people have been dealt a few really bad hands (country essentially bankrupt, horrible economy, high unemployment, and now this explosion which left 300k people displaced + 5000 injured) the past year to no fault of their own, and they don’t deserve to go hungry or be without shelter or proper medical care.

The good thing about this aid is that it isn’t going to the corrupt/incompetent government. Instead, it’s going to reputable NGOs who can directly help the people

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Plus $100g from Mia Khalifa's jizz glasses.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    I wonder if people who send stuff like that would still be ballsy enough to do the same thing if they couldn't do so anonymously.

Chicken shit, keyboard warrior type of antics but just as amazing to me is that some people really, really do care about internet points.
    It's really pathetic hahaha I tell Kert off occassionaly to their face (so to speak) when they're arguing ad nauseam for what appears to be amusement. He/she also makes me piss myself laughing with incredibly subtle wit sometimes so it's worth the trade-off! But I've never neg-rep'd them, I have positive rep'd some of the laughs. I'll toss the odd down-vote out but I think the only person I've insulted that way is Toma.

Also, intarnet points are fun. And life. And I need them so very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Plus $100g from Mia Khalifa's jizz glasses.
    Off to the Google machine.......
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    I’m biased, but I don’t really see how they are not deserving of aid relative to others who have received aid.

The people have been dealt a few really bad hands (country essentially bankrupt, horrible economy, high unemployment, and now this explosion which left 300k people displaced + 5000 injured) the past year to no fault of their own, and they don’t deserve to go hungry or be without shelter or proper medical care.

The good thing about this aid is that it isn’t going to the corrupt/incompetent government. Instead, it’s going to reputable NGOs who can directly help the people
    That's good. The Middle East is a complicated place and setting all political aside and helping people is good.

I hope ppl can open their eyes when they think their rights are being violated, have a shitty life etc. gain some perspective.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    I hope ppl can open their eyes when they think their rights are being violated, have a shitty life etc. gain some perspective.
    Not sure Lebanon makes a great yardstick for personal rights or quality of life.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Can anybody comment on the current political climate in Lebanon?
    How much of that $30mil will actually help citizens vs. line the pockets of political leaders?

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    How much of that $30mil will actually help citizens vs. line the pockets of political leaders?
    It’s pretty much universally agreed that Lebanese government are all extremely corrupt, incompetent, nepotistic, etc. Probably close to worst in the world relatively speaking.

According to the release, all the aid is going to trusted NGOs and not the government so hopefully nothing to the politicians. I’m sure they will find a way to take advantage somehow though. Really hoping they watch the aid money closely to prevent embezzlement as much as they can

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    It’s pretty much universally agreed that Lebanese government are all extremely corrupt, incompetent, nepotistic, etc. Probably close to worst in the world relatively speaking.

According to the release, all the aid is going to trusted NGOs and not the government so hopefully nothing to the politicians. I’m sure they will find a way to take advantage somehow though. Really hoping they watch the aid money closely to prevent embezzlement as much as they can
    We Charity is also a trusted and reputable NGO.

My Ride
    4x4

It's funny... Marcon's fundraiser raised 300 million. Canada was 25million of that.

Get the feeling Trudeau's got his eye on a UN job?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    It's funny... Marcon's fundraiser raised 300 million. Canada was 25million of that.

Get the feeling Trudeau's got his eye on a UN job?
    Yes, and the best part was that he was badly snubbed earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Bigger question is how much of that money will make it's way into terrorist hands? That's the whole problem with trying to give foreign aid to a place like Lebanon. Hezbollah would be more than happy to pilfer all that money to buy more rockets.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6