Quantcast
Selling car - potential buyer said I was lying - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling car - potential buyer said I was lying

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has been true for five years. Nothing to do with covid
    Has more to do with oil shitting the bed and the improved US $ driving exports of our “cheap” trucks.

I bought a 2001 Sierra 1500 for $1k. Dumped another $1,200 in fluid changes and repairs. Great MTB shuttle.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

How common is it for people to get an amvic inspection on a sub 20k car or does the cost sort of not make it worth it?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    How common is it for people to get an amvic inspection on a sub 20k car or does the cost sort of not make it worth it?
    They pay for it after they leave a deposit for the sale with you.

You ask too many questions and take too little of our advice. Can we talk to your wife instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

She thinks im stressing about this too much and that it will sell soon - its only been listed for 5 days. Some guy just asked me to drive to redstone for him to view it.

My Ride
    ute

You're not worried about selling your car.... You're worried about squeezing that last 5% out of it.

My Ride

Wife seems chill.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    You're not worried about selling your car.... You're worried about squeezing that last 5% out of it.
    Some people aren’t equipped to sell things on their own and should leave it to the pros.

I am one of those people and will trade in or sell it to a dealer. The extra 5points isn’t worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The trade in market is downright fucked. Looked into trading in the e wagon and it’s beyond low ball. Everyone is scared to hold inventory right now.
    Exactly this... People don't seem to realize that not every car a dealer takes on trade sells quickly, and the second the calendar rolls over to a new year, every single vehicle still in their inventory drops massively in value. They can't buy every car at just a couple thousand below current market value or they will be broke in short order. They have to make enough money on what sells to cover their losses on what doesn't.

Not saying it feels good to the guy trading in his car, but it is understandable if they consider it.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Alot of people having been asking if its active or rebuilt regarding the registration, im guessing theres been a few burned buyers in the past.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    $1050...
    $999.00
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Alot of people having been asking if its active or rebuilt regarding the registration, im guessing theres been a few burned buyers in the past.
    I think that might be more because there's a collision claim that shows up on the Carfax.

My Ride

The crop thickens.

My Ride
    POS

Not necessarily, IMO this should always be asked and verified (Carfax or something else) when buying a used car. There's a lot of flippers out there to make a quick buck buying written off cars and doing shitty fixes to get them back on the road. I remember going to see a car with my dad and when we didn't like the car the guy had other cars parked around the block to see. There was lot of sleazebag flippers 30 years ago and there's even more today.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by topmade View Post
    Not necessarily, IMO this should always be asked and verified (Carfax or something else) when buying a used car. There's a lot of flippers out there to make a quick buck buying written off cars and doing shitty fixes to get them back on the road. I remember going to see a car with my dad and when we didn't like the car the guy had other cars parked around the block to see. There was lot of sleazebag flippers 30 years ago and there's even more today.
    "Shitty fixes" on written off cars need to have been verified and approved by a govt certified inspection body. So, theoretically, they aren't shitty fixes. There are curbers that do this, but it's not like they can duct tape a lower control arm back together and sell an unsafe car 24hr later.
    The status "rebuilt" is right on the registration and any buyer should see that and the vehicle should be priced accordingly (much much lower). The shitty thing here is hail can write a vehicle off which is purely cosmetic but it ends up in the same "rebuilt" category as a car that had its front clip torn off or one that ended up flooded in a parkade for a week.
    My friend has been buying written off cars for 10+ years and paying a contractor to fix them properly and get them recertified. He's not curbing them, per se, but he's able to drive ~1yo cars and put piles of miles on them for about two years before selling them for nearly exactly what he put into them. Hence, he's always driving a new car without suffering any depreciation. It's smart.
    Plus, he even ended up with one that wasn't officially written off but still ended up at the same auction. He's had multiple Explorers, an Edge, a big DirtyMax, a California GT Mustang and others. He's kept some for longer, but his main commuter gets about 28,000km/yr on it so he can sell those every year, rinse and repeat.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    I am one of those people and will trade in or sell it to a dealer. The extra 5points isn’t worth my time.
    I also hate that process. Lucky that I have a mechanic friend that was able to take quite a few cars off me at a bit above dealer trade-in. He saves a few $K, I save the hassle.

There are only a few times where I had to Kijiji/Beyond a car and the process sucks. People still lowballs when it's priced for a quick sell.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-06-2020 at 09:50 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have sold so many cars and trucks through Kijiji, way over a dozen, and yeah, it's a hassle almost every time. Funny enough, the only one that was easy was my 2012 ecoboost f150, and that's the only one that I regret getting rid of.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I have sold so many cars and trucks through Kijiji, way over a dozen, and yeah, it's a hassle almost every time. Funny enough, the only one that was easy was my 2012 ecoboost f150, and that's the only one that I regret getting rid of.
    My 2011 Accord EX-L V6 loaded we leased for four years. They wanted me to give it back and wash my hands of it but I bought it out for just over 13k, and listed it right away on Kijiji. The cheapest one I could find with a lot more milage was around 21k so I listed mine for 19.5k. I had kickers constantly offering me 13k to 15k for a couple weeks. One guy came to look at it and just left when my neighbour saw and asked if I was selling it and what I was asking. I told him I was tired of tire kickers and if he was interested he could have it for $17,900 or some shit if I remember correctly. He went straight to the bank and came back with a money order for the full amount and shook my hand.

I hate selling on Kijiji.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Buying is more fun than selling. By a mile.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Kijiji is pretty terrible. But none of the other places are any better either.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    My 2011 Accord EX-L V6 loaded we leased for four years. They wanted me to give it back and wash my hands of it but I bought it out for just over 13k, and listed it right away on Kijiji. The cheapest one I could find with a lot more milage was around 21k so I listed mine for 19.5k. I had kickers constantly offering me 13k to 15k for a couple weeks. One guy came to look at it and just left when my neighbour saw and asked if I was selling it and what I was asking. I told him I was tired of tire kickers and if he was interested he could have it for $17,900 or some shit if I remember correctly. He went straight to the bank and came back with a money order for the full amount and shook my hand.

I hate selling on Kijiji.
    Sold a Corolla that way with a for sale sign on window. Neighbor and friends are the best to deal with.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast