Quantcast
Selling car - potential buyer said I was lying - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 129

Thread: Selling car - potential buyer said I was lying

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat
    My Ride
    EB/Cummins/M8/Foxbody
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Leave him a 1-star when Kijiji asks you to rate him.
    Then fuck his wife.
    Then message him and tell him his wife is 1-star.
    Ultimate power move Also the large majority of low balls on Kijiji wouldn't even show up if you did agree to sell it for the price they asked. Kijiji is a shit show, to much anonymity

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    has a stick axle
    Posts
    1,711
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also comes with some 1 year old hakka 9s
    What size?
    Originally posted by lint
    Who the f*ck cares what brand of protein a weak ass sissy takes? Or what exercises a weak ass sissy does?
    Originally posted by slinkie
    to each haters of "milk" your eating like a b!tch so ur gonna stay a b!tch. eat some cow eat some pizza eat cow in pasta cow in bread cow with cheese drink cow. look at cows there big eat them and ull be to. u are what u eat u wanna eat chicked ull stay being a chicken. u wanna eat string cheese ur gonna be a string cheese. u wanna eat fruit ur ganna be a fruit. Enjoy life.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Selling my highlander on Kijiji - I have the carfax on there, in the ad I say "no hail damage" meaning no current hail damage on it. I have had a hail claim before and it was fully fixed up to the tune of 6K however this guy came around tonight and said I wasnt honest about the ad and he thought that meant that a reasonable offer would be $8000 less than what I was asking for.

    He also looked at one of the panels on my car and said "this looks painted" yes sir it was painted when a lady hit me in a carpark - also mentioned in the carfax.

    No one looking at the car had even looked at the carfax on it.
    When you say no hail damage my mind jumps to there was never hail damage or why else would you say it? I wouldn’t say you are technically lying but I would say it’s a bit shady the way you are representing it. Don’t state anything at all would be more honest in my mind as someone can check the carfax. Previous hail damage significantly reduces resale value of cars as well so if you are asking average market value for the vehicle then the buyer is right to offer you less then market.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,164
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    I personally would have interpreted "no hail damage" like the buyer did. When people say "no accidents", it generally means the car has never been in an accident. Same with "no hail damage".

    I wouldn't have been a dick and called you a liar, but I would have interpreted it like the buyer did. From a buyer's prospective, that might look like you're trying to hide something or be intentionally deceitful, and would be a red flag for me. I know that probably wasn't your intention, but I don't think you can blame the guy for assuming that.

    Best to just fully disclose any prior damage/repairs in the ad IMO, especially if they're going to find out anyway. If you meant to say no "current" hail damage, that's what you should put in your ad.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-05-2020 at 09:02 AM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '16 F-150 Lariat 5.0
    Posts
    385
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I don't know what it is about the marque but Toyotas are the BIGGEST pains in the ass to sell.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,020
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Leave him a 1-star when Kijiji asks you to rate him.
    Then fuck his wife.
    Then message him and tell him his wife is 1-star.
    Fucking J-body girlfriends turn into J-body wives.


    But OP you did "lie", it has had hail damage, you just had it repaired. Why even mention it in the ad? That absolutely (in my mind) makes you look dishonest so I'd assume you're hiding other information too.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 08-05-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    My Ride
    Zonda CRV
    Posts
    710
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The issue with selling a car right now, your market is a lot smaller than previous years
    Yeah, things are going strange in the market. Im having the issue of buying. Prices of used cars and suvs have shot up.
    I know some people are doing this as a side hussle to make some cash.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Moo Town
    My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~
    Posts
    674
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    +1 to "no hail damage" being poor wording.

    I wouldn't think it meant "no current damage" cause I can see with my own eyes.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    TrackCock
    Posts
    1,921
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What size?
    I may have a set of 205/60R16 Hakka 9 on Audi rims available later in the year. About 1k kms on them.
    SIDE TALLWALLS SAVE LIVES

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sidewall
    My Ride
    Sidewall
    Posts
    7,718
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Get beyond to write you advert for you. Win/win?

  11. #31
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    TrackCock
    Posts
    1,921
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get beyond to write you advert for you. Win/win?
    My middle name is Hyunh-Hyunh.
    SIDE TALLWALLS SAVE LIVES

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,020
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My middle name is Hyunh-Hyunh.
    Rurr-jurr FTH!
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 08-05-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX
    Posts
    868
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What size?
    245/65/R17

    I got some armor all wipes and cleaned all the surfaces again, what @2020 says is neglect I say is having children.

    And I changed my add to mention what cjblair said about the previous hail claim that was repaired. I mean it has it in the carfax unsure why people arent looking at that.

    Also I received a query from a Toyota dealership looking for cars to add to their preowned selection....wierd if I wanted a dealership to buy it at im sure a low amount I would of just traded it in.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 08-05-2020 at 11:00 AM.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    TrackCock
    Posts
    1,921
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Armor all is bad. 303 is good.
    SIDE TALLWALLS SAVE LIVES

  15. #35
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX
    Posts
    868
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Armor all is bad. 303 is good.
    I read yesterday you had a Tesla - are you sure you arent aspen rich

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    5,303
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read yesterday you had a Tesla - are you sure you arent aspen rich
    That’s RurrJurr’s mom. Pay attention!
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    TrackCock
    Posts
    1,921
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Mom's good for letting me borrow her Tesla and making the best borscht. I simply own an old hail damaged Audi.
    SIDE TALLWALLS SAVE LIVES

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Aspen Ne
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    245/65/R17

    I got some armor all wipes and cleaned all the surfaces again, what @2020 says is neglect I say is having children.

    And I changed my add to mention what cjblair said about the previous hail claim that was repaired. I mean it has it in the carfax unsure why people arent looking at that.

    Also I received a query from a Toyota dealership looking for cars to add to their preowned selection....wierd if I wanted a dealership to buy it at im sure a low amount I would of just traded it in.
    No issues with having kids in the car, just if your going to try and sell a $18,500 suv just spend some time and clean it up a bit. Take it to a car wash, use the vacuum and shampoo the carpets. Wipe it down with some aerospace 303 on the interior and engine bay.

    That’s just my opinion though, if your Highlander sells it sells. I’m surprised you haven’t been lowballed but those 2nd rate used car dealerships yet.
    Last edited by 2020; 08-05-2020 at 01:40 PM.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX
    Posts
    868
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    It never occured to me that dealerships would buy peoples cars I would of thought they would get all their stock from trade-ins.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Aspen Ne
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It never occured to me that dealerships would buy peoples cars I would of thought they would get all their stock from trade-ins.
    House of cars lowballed my buddy on his accord by 5k and his was priced at market value based on comparable’s.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Selling Unused car - Need Insurance for Buyer Test Drives?

    By RedDawn in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 04-22-2020, 03:28 PM
  2. Questions about selling my race car to a US buyer

    By raceman6135 in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 11-22-2019, 12:09 AM
  3. Replies: 41
    Latest Threads: 03-22-2019, 11:47 PM
  4. FS: few things lying around w/pics

    By prada_2o0o in forum Automotive Parts
    Replies: 8
    Latest Threads: 11-22-2004, 04:44 PM
  5. W.T.B. a damn telus phones.. anyone u have lying around.. only neees it for a month

    By LaughingTiger in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 11-13-2003, 01:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •