Quantcast
Thermal Camera? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Thermal Camera?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Default Thermal Camera?

Hi guys,

Last two big thundershowers I noticed some water in my basement, small amount, maybe 1 cup total, close to my electrical box. It appeared the water originated somewhere at the bottom initially as everything up top was dry, but today I got another chance to take a look and it seems like it's travelling down a bundle of wires, and dropping off the wire. I did some further digging and removed some stuffed insulation and I can see one of the trusses up top is a little wet. The location of all of this wetness is close to where all the utilities enter the house, but not exactly in that spot, maybe a foot to the left. Last two thunderstorms were very horizontal and the side of my house was completely soaked. I think perhaps the water is making it's way somewhere down the side of the house and eventually gathering in that spot, but without ripping out siding and all that, it's hard to tell.

I know that thermal cameras are very good at picking up water. Does anyone have one I can borrow, as a standalone unit or a phone attachment, or know where I might be able to rent one for a short period of time?

My Ride
    WK2

I've rented them from Rogers Rent All before: https://www.rogersrentall.ca/equipme...key=006%2D0070

Some libraries have had them to check out for free. Not sure if there are any in calgary that do but its worth a call around. If you can afford it though, one of those phone ones for a couple hundred are handy to have.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

My mom has one of these we don't use that we should probably sell. It was only used a few times. Mostly to check if her turtles were dead or just lazy.

Name:  bbb.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  58.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    My mom has one of these we don't use that we should probably sell. It was only used a few times. Mostly to check if her turtles were dead or just lazy.

Name:  bbb.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  58.9 KB
    Damn, that's a fancy FLIR one, too rich for my blood. Don't foresee a future use myself so don't really want to invest at the moment into something like this.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    Some libraries have had them to check out for free. Not sure if there are any in calgary that do but its worth a call around. If you can afford it though, one of those phone ones for a couple hundred are handy to have.
    The library ones are booked months in advance but yes they do have them. Its one tool thats part of a "Home Energy Kit". I know the YEG libraries carry. I'd imagine YYC library would as well

https://epl.bibliocommons.com/item/s...nergy_toolkit#
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.