Quantcast
Ferrari Roma - no thanks - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ferrari Roma - no thanks

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

I wasnt overly blown away by the F8 in pictures either but to see it in person, it looked like a totally different car. Im not sure if its a Ferrari or an exotic thing but pictures do not do them justice. The Urus was another vehicle that had a much better "in person" presence. I definitely see Aston lines on the Roma but looking forward to seeing how it looks in person.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride

I got to spend some time with the Roma this week and like many exotic cars, they need to be seen in person to be appreciated. If you have expectations for an F8 or 488 style car, this is definitely not it. Its a performance car wrapped in a more casual and usable approach. I wouldnt hesitate to take this car on a road trip. Its a GT style for sure and it really is nice in person. Just my input!

Name:  IMG_20200908_112209.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  50.4 KB
    Name:  image0.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  69.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_20200908_112314.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  86.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_20200908_112529.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  88.4 KB

My Ride
    ute

I'm not saying it's not a good car. I'm saying it's not a good Ferrari.

That interior looks like something GM would spit out for a Corvette (in terms of design at least). I'm definitely not a fan of Ferraris new headlight arrangement, sitting low and horizontal. F8 has the same problem. Also this just looks like an F-type/AMG GT/Vantage type car. All great cars...but disappointing for a ferrari.

I do agree with Buster that it is not something i would expect to see from Ferrari and i feel that it waters down the brand a little. Ferrari is clearly more focused on sales numbers these days over performance in racing (RIP Scuderia Ferrari S.p.A.) which is complete 180 from Enzo's ethos.

All that aside, I like the exterior design of this car but the interior just doesn't make sense in photos. How does it look when seated at the helm?

My Ride
    ute

The fake shift gate is one of the dumbest things I've seen in ages. That's the type of shit that Jeep tries to pull off.

Ferrari is a luxury brand first, and a carmaker second. But they are trying to monetize that brand as fast as they can. As one guy in the Fchat forums said about the ferrari SUV - when Gucci started making sneakers it was time to move on.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

I don't care what you guys say... The Roma is the first Ferrari that I can say I'd actually consider.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't care what you guys say... The Roma is the first Ferrari that I can say I'd actually consider.
    I think they will sell really well.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_ban View Post
    I do agree with Buster that it is not something i would expect to see from Ferrari and i feel that it waters down the brand a little. Ferrari is clearly more focused on sales numbers these days over performance in racing (RIP Scuderia Ferrari S.p.A.) which is complete 180 from Enzo's ethos.

All that aside, I like the exterior design of this car but the interior just doesn't make sense in photos. How does it look when seated at the helm?
    Its more tame inside when compared to a car like the F8. You definitely feel the "GT" sense of the car. Personally, I dont see this as a diluting of the brand but more of an expansion of the brand. A lot of the 458/488/F8 styling is extremely motorsport focused and this car is designed for more of a spirited driving experience without the need for a track. I dont get to drive it until October so I cant comment on the actual driving aspect of the car but i think a lot of people always expect F1 style track cars from Ferrari and they still have a lot of crazy stuff coming out (Monza SP2). The deposits on this car have far exceeded the expectations ( I do not work for Ferrari) so I think a lot of people that want a weekend touring car see the value in this.

Dont get me wrong, I still love the F8 interior better!!

Name:  image0 (1).jpg
Views: 341
Size:  52.8 KB

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Not for that price. If I wanted a Jag, I would find a coug at the Webber academy parents association meetings.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    I would find a coug at the Webber academy parents association meetings.

Thanks for the tip. lol
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by civic_stylez View Post
    Its more tame inside when compared to a car like the F8. You definitely feel the "GT" sense of the car. Personally, I dont see this as a diluting of the brand but more of an expansion of the brand. A lot of the 458/488/F8 styling is extremely motorsport focused and this car is designed for more of a spirited driving experience without the need for a track. I dont get to drive it until October so I cant comment on the actual driving aspect of the car but i think a lot of people always expect F1 style track cars from Ferrari and they still have a lot of crazy stuff coming out (Monza SP2). The deposits on this car have far exceeded the expectations ( I do not work for Ferrari) so I think a lot of people that want a weekend touring car see the value in this.

Dont get me wrong, I still love the F8 interior better!!

Name:  image0 (1).jpg
Views: 341
Size:  52.8 KB
    That interior is one thousand times better than the Roma. One of the best things about Ferraris is that traditional dash-like interior. No clutter from some cheesy ipad screen in the centre console, making the whole thing age poorly. Even the SF90 has all of that gloss black haptic bullshit.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

It is a nice car for sure, and it is a nice Ferrari ..

Just not that Pininfarinaish .....
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Lex350 View Post
    Thanks for the tip. lol
    Whoa there tiger...you stay out of my pond. Besides, some cuties at your workplace - or it could be the masks.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Whoa there tiger...you stay out of my pond. Besides, some cuties at your workplace - or it could be the masks.
    After two divorces I need to be on the other end of the financial spectrum
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

looks like an expensive version of the vette interior wise.

I cant see the justification for that over the zo6 version of the C8 once it comes out. And i am not an american car fan in the slightest. I think Mclaren does it much better in their entry model appealing to the style cues of the company

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by austic View Post
    looks like an expensive version of the vette interior wise.

I cant see the justification for that over the zo6 version of the C8 once it comes out. And i am not an american car fan in the slightest. I think Mclaren does it much better in their entry model appealing to the style cues of the company
    Don’t need a justification really. I bet 99/100 Ferrari customers aren’t cross shopping with a corvette, regardless of the value prop the corvette brings.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Don’t need a justification really. I bet 99/100 Ferrari customers aren’t cross shopping with a corvette, regardless of the value prop the corvette brings.
    I agree. Although Ferrari has been explicit in their goal for the Roma: they want to bring non-Ferrari customers in. This is designed to be a conquest model, through and through. The Roma is going to get cross shopper to other cheaper alternatives like the GT, the Aston, the Jag, etc. Ferrari is actively damaging its brand by trying to increase volume.
    Last edited by Buster; 09-17-2020 at 03:00 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2