Quantcast
Red Deer doctor dies after attack at walk-in medical clinic - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Deer doctor dies after attack at walk-in medical clinic

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Default Red Deer doctor dies after attack at walk-in medical clinic

CBC article here: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...cked-1.5681052

Numerous other articles out there as well. There are pics of the suspect floating around on social media.

Bad couple of days in Red Deer. A pedestrian got killed in a hit and run and now this.

This is just gruesome. Many people shocked by this one. This is the clinic that we usually go to and my fiancee has visited this doctor a few times in the past. He was a very nice fellow and well regarded within the community.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

You gotta wonder what the motivation was? I mean it isn't like a person is just usually walking around with a machete in his pocket, let alone go through the time to wait to see a doctor and go to the room and sit there until the doc actually comes in. Super messed up...

My Ride
    NC1

Stuff like this is always shocking. RIP Doc and sending prayers to everyone affected.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    V167

Shocked and very disturbed by this incident.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You gotta wonder what the motivation was? I mean it isn't like a person is just usually walking around with a machete in his pocket, let alone go through the time to wait to see a doctor and go to the room and sit there until the doc actually comes in. Super messed up...
    The RCMP have the motive. I guess the suspect has told them. The two of them have history at the clinic together.

Grobmeier said police have learned the motive behind the attack but those details won't be released until the case works its way through the courts. ​​​

He said the victim and accused knew each other through the clinic but declined to reveal further details on their relationship citing doctor patient privilege.

Will be interesting to hear what it is. Some speculating it was in relation to a WCB claim or something. Others say he wanted Oxy but was denied.

Lots of angry people. Justice system will probably fail us here again. This guy deserves the max sentence.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...olds-1.5681955
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    *The First*

Did I hear that he seriously injured an arresting officer? With a hammer?!?

Holy fuck, thank Allah I'm not a police officer! I'm worried I would empty my clip into that guy if he came at me with a hammer which I think would leave him with about 12 holes after he hit the ground. Reload and likely go with one more just to make sure the fresh clip wasn't experiencing a jamb.

I guess that would make me the worst cop in the world... Or the best former cop in the world?

I hope the perp gets Zika virus from chiggers on his taint.

My Ride
    Trucks

In a year or two he will probably be chilling free with the Grey Hound bus cannibal. That’s my prediction.

I would guess its about a drug deal gone bad. Not that its right to guess in these types of circumstances.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    Silverado

CP24 Toronto's Breaking News: Man charged in brutal fatal attack on Alberta doctor to appear in court.
    https://www.cp24.com/news/man-charge...ourt-1.5060764

Apparently both are from South Africa.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    CP24 Toronto's Breaking News: Man charged in brutal fatal attack on Alberta doctor to appear in court.
    https://www.cp24.com/news/man-charge...ourt-1.5060764

Apparently both are from South Africa.
    “I think a lot of them are looking over their shoulder today and are quite anxious,” said Dr. Peter Bouch, who works at a different Red Deer clinic. Both he and Reynolds were originally from South Africa.
    I think it meant the doctor commenting and the victim are both from South Africa not the assailant.

The problem is I don't see how to prevent this unless we try doctor offices like airports.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post

I believe the correct term is Chegroes.

My Ride
    *The First*

While we're playing Jumping To Conclusions, I'll contribute based on the virtually zero evidence the public has using massive logical leaps and sweeping generalizations. Trigger warning.

Perp is obviously nuts and name sounds Sudanese. What do some crazy Sudanese people love? The Prophet Mohammed in a very fundamentally extremist manner.
    Does it already say perp has wife? Was wife also a patient?
    Possible, so, my wild ass guess is the doctor prescribed the wife birth control or did a procedure on her that Johnny NutJob thought violated her and he went to extract revenge in the name of whatever bearded man in the sky.

/Jumping To Conclusions.

I predict a 5-6 year sentence with 2-3 years actually served in prison, maybe less if he goes the insanity route. As usual I hope I am wrong.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    I think it meant the doctor commenting and the victim are both from South Africa not the assailant.

The problem is I don't see how to prevent this unless we try doctor offices like airports.
    fair enough. guess I should have coffee before posting!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post

What's there to prevent? It isn't like this is a rampant problem, where doctors are getting murdered in their offices regularly. It's a one-off, and at first glance, appears to be a personal vendetta.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    It isn't like this is a rampant problem, where doctors are getting murdered in their offices regularly.
    Cops killing unarmed black people isn't a rampant problem either based on statistics, but we all know how that turned out. Media loves to plaster white faces all over, but this murderer, Deng Mabiour, doesn't get a second. Why hide his colour, they sure don't when the suspect is white. If a white guy walked in and killed a black doctor this would be world-wide news for weeks, this story gets a 20 sec mention. This is what happens when you get unchecked immigration.

My Ride
    *The First*

What's there to prevent? It isn't like this is a rampant problem, where doctors are getting murdered in their offices regularly. It's a one-off, and at first glance, appears to be a personal vendetta.
    Agree!
    Life in cages isn't the answer. They ruined all the cabs in Edmonton years ago after a few were stabbed. I'm not making light of maintaining driver safety, but this should be about treating the disease, not the symptoms.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I'm just quoting the doctor in that article.... I agree that cages isn't the answer.

Bouch said physicians need to speak to the mayor and RCMP to figure out how to make exam rooms and offices safer.

Grobmeier said RCMP are willing to consult with doctors if they want to enhance safety protocols but he said attacks like this are rare.

While we're playing Jumping To Conclusions, I'll contribute based on the virtually zero evidence the public has using massive logical leaps and sweeping generalizations. Trigger warning.

Perp is obviously nuts and name sounds Sudanese. What do some crazy Sudanese people love? The Prophet Mohammed in a very fundamentally extremist manner.
    Does it already say perp has wife? Was wife also a patient?
    Possible, so, my wild ass guess is the doctor prescribed the wife birth control or did a procedure on her that Johnny NutJob thought violated her and he went to extract revenge in the name of whatever bearded man in the sky.

/Jumping To Conclusions.
    Heard on the radio that his son was a patient and asthmatic. But that's was in a shower before coffee. Could be imagining things.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-12-2020 at 10:24 AM.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Did I hear that he seriously injured an arresting officer? With a hammer?!?

Holy fuck, thank Allah I'm not a police officer! I'm worried I would empty my clip into that guy if he came at me with a hammer which I think would leave him with about 12 holes after he hit the ground. Reload and likely go with one more just to make sure the fresh clip wasn't experiencing a jamb.

I guess that would make me the worst cop in the world... Or the best former cop in the world?

Pet peeve - what you mean is magazine, not clip.

A magazine feeds the gun, while a clip feeds the magazine.

Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    3.5L 7th Gen Accord

Well it looks like we know how he will be pleading

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/man-char...tack-1.5060882

At the bail hearing on Wednesday, Mabiour, unrepresented by any legal counsel, failed to answer whether he understood the charges against him.

“When I get healthy, I will remember everything,” he told court before a short recess.

When asked a second time, he denied an interpreter and said, “I don’t remember because I am sick.”

In the midst of a rambling response, Mabiour requested to see a doctor and said he had lost his memory.

He will be sent a copy of the charges to read, and is scheduled to reappear on Sept. 9.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast