Quantcast
Trudeau has to go? - Page 35 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 35 of 146 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Trudeau has to go?

Literally pull off the separation with Sask and in a few years, BC will want to join.
    Everyone wants to join a winner.

Then we make them buy in to pay for the redo on constitution papers, setup fees etc.

My Ride
    Trucks

Who is going to run the new western country? Can you honestly imagine Kenny running a country, lol. Import somebody from Quebec?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Probably @Buster .
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    Agreed. There's no way Canada would be forced into allowing a pipeline through its lands, particularly when it has already prevented the construction of many that would serve its own interests.
    People in Alberta are so upset by the reality we live in that they only focus on the pipelines that didn't go through for a multiple of reasons, all of which remain whatever Alberta's political status, that they forget the only reason TMX is being built is because of the Canadian government.

With an independent Alberta, TMX would be dead with the rest of them.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The only reason TMX wasn’t built built in the first place was the Canadian government.

Trudeau couldn’t allow a major project like that without figuring out how to fuck over taxpayers in the process, duh.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Silverado

^beat me to it

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    People in Alberta are so upset by the reality we live in that they only focus on the pipelines that didn't go through for a multiple of reasons, all of which remain whatever Alberta's political status, that they forget the only reason TMX is being built is because of the Canadian government.

With an independent Alberta, TMX would be dead with the rest of them.
    this some weird variant (tee hee) of Stockholm Syndrome.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

RE: Trudo has to go

Canada has dropped to 40th globally in the vaccination race.

We rock.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Its almost as if Canada is becoming a place of how not to economically handle anything. Is someone experimenting? Harper was floored in his interview, at the obvious dumbfuckery that is going on.

Instead of incentivizing growth and the economy, Ottawa is just providing liquidity. Doomed to fail.

Are we perhaps the 'leaders' of the great reset theory in terms of putting it into practice?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Are we perhaps the 'leaders' of the great reset theory in terms of putting it into practice?
    sounds about right. Before you "build back better" you need to tear it down.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Probably @Buster .
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    One of the reasons there is nobody competent to lead the party is that smart competent people want nothing to do with it - for good reason.

The only reason TMX wasn’t built built in the first place was the Canadian government.

Trudeau couldn’t allow a major project like that without figuring out how to fuck over taxpayers in the process, duh.
    Again, the conditions that prevented the building of pipelines persists. If the Liberals didn't want TMX built, it wouldn't get built. And the only reason the Liberals wanted it built, is because Alberta is a part of Canada.

The only thing that changes with an independent Alberta, is that fewer necessary governments would support pipelines moving oil out of Alberta than currently do.

Northern Gateway was dead in the water even when the government supported it.

KXL is dead despite the govenrment supporting it (hell, it was stalled even when the US government supported it).

Energy East was dead when the price of oil collapsed, so it didn't matter if the government supported it.
    Last edited by kertejud2; 02-16-2021 at 11:13 AM.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

And the only reason the Liberals wanted it built, is because Alberta is a part of Canada.
    Can you elaborate or this?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    ute

Again, the conditions that prevented the building of pipelines persists. If the Liberals didn't want TMX built, it wouldn't get built. And the only reason the Liberals wanted it built, is because Alberta is a part of Canada.

The only thing that changes with an independent Alberta, is that fewer necessary governments would support pipelines moving oil out of Alberta than currently do.

KXL is dead despite the govenrment supporting it (hell, it was stalled even when the US government supported it).

Energy East was dead when the price of oil collapsed, so it didn't matter if the government supported it.
    Alberta's contributions to Canada are significantly more than it would cost to incentivize the construction of a pipeline. Take away billions from Ottawa, and give back a fraction of that to the stakeholders along the route of a pipeline. Develop closer ties to the US. Negotiate trade deals between Alberta/BC/Canada which ensures efficient flow of goods through Alberta to ROC from BC and vice versa.

Alberta's deal with Canada is far, far too costly for what Alberta gets back. Confederation as it stands is a dumb concept, executed dumbly, with dumb people managing it.

Let's assume for a moment that Alberta must at some point transition from an oil economy. Being part of Canada isn't going to benefit that process. If Alberta is successful at doing so, then at that point it definitely won't want to be part of Canada either.

So let's summarize:

1. Oil dependent economy: being part of Canada sucks
    2. Transitioning from oil dependent economy: being part of Canada sucks
    3. Being successful in a post - oil economy: being part of Canada sucks

This is because Canada doesn't have enough smart people scattered amongst the riff raff to hit that critical mass. The Americans have just as many dumb people, but they have a few policies and enough smart people to be combo breakers for the ritards. Canada, or more accurately Canadians, simply aren't constructed of the stuff needed for a post-commodity economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    Who is going to run the new western country? Can you honestly imagine Kenny running a country, lol. Import somebody from Quebec?
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Probably @Buster .
    I would vote for him, but only if we are allowed to call him "Mr. President" instead of this Prime Minister bullshit...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Can you elaborate or this?
    They could have simply not approved it. They could have done things to force companies to walk away before not approving it. By approving it, they lost support from their left to the NDP, particularly in the Lower Mainland. Northern Gateway was the easy sacrificial lamb. It was dead long before the Liberals happily took credit for killing it. But anything they gained by fulfilling that promise, they gave up with TMX.

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ott...tain-pipeline/

The weak play would have just let KM get bogged down with the court cases and political uncertainty until they walked away, and said 'well, if KM doesn't want to continue, it's not our place to step in', which might have placated some of that opposition. To Albertans, it would be a shrug of the shoulders and be 'we approved it, we tried. Not our fault KM couldn't stick with it to the end, oh well'.

But instead, they issued a loan guarantee with the option to buy, allowing suspended construction to continue, and provide the certainty amidst the risk of the court decisions which weren't guaranteed to go the pipeline's way. It was done in the name of the economy, against the short term political interests of the party for the greater benefit of the country. And people still believed the government had ulterior motives, that they'd buy a pipeline to kill it, when it was only going through because of their approval and financial support in the first place. Utter insanity surrounded the narrative around TMX.

If the economic benefits the pipeline is facilitating are no longer in Canada, what's the benefit to Canada to approve it? They could just pull a Biden and kill it, regardless of support. THEN the taxpayer would be fucked.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Wait what? Enbridge wanted to build that line and jumped through an absurd amount of hoops to try to comply with the ever-changing goalposts. If it wasn't for Trudea playing eeny, meeny, miny, moe and arbitrarily rejecting it, it likely would have been built.

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    Wait what? Enbridge wanted to build that line and jumped through an absurd amount of hoops to try to comply with the ever-changing goalposts. If it wasn't for Trudea playing eeny, meeny, miny, moe and arbitrarily rejecting it, it likely would have been built.
    Shhhh your logic and realities are not welcome here.

We are in a world of fallacies and fiction ala Kertejud.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Shhhh your logic and realities are not welcome here.

We are in a world of fallacies and fiction ala Kertejud.
    When someone is the smartest person they've ever met, or even read it would seem, arguing with them is a waste of time. It is fun to watch though......
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

In Kerts world, if the pipeline isn't already built, then there was never an economic case for building it. Governments are powerless to influence this situation.

Page 35 of 146 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast