Quantcast
Trudeau has to go? - Page 127 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 127 of 155 FirstFirst ... 117 126 127 128 137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 3085

Thread: Trudeau has to go?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah, he hasn't been wildly popular, even with liberal supporters, since very early on. However, there has been a real step change in his popularity in the second half of this year. I think it's mostly that the problems with him, and the liberal policies, have just become too numerous and significant to ignore for those "middle-ground" voters. Also, because we are so far form the election, it's "safe" for a liberal voter to express displeasure by claiming they will vote for a different party. That feeling of safety will be less when the election is closer. That's why they "PPP is trumPPP" advertising will really ramp up about 14 months before the election.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

They baited the conservatives pretty perfectly with the only providing French answers to an MP from Alberta while providing English answers to Liberal questions.. pretty funny

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    They baited the conservatives pretty perfectly with the only providing French answers to an MP from Alberta while providing English answers to Liberal questions.. pretty funny
    They all have ear pieces that provide live translation. So it's baitin' but more like

Name:  raw.gif
Views: 574
Size:  1.93 MB

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Trudeau's candid admission that the media didn't cover his economic update as he would've liked. This isn't just an offhand remark; it's a glaring admission of the cozy relationship between his government and the media. It's as if Trudeau expects the media to be his personal PR firm, glossing over his failures while distracting the public with other issues.And there you have it, folks. Trudeau's brazen expectation of favorable media coverage lays bare the rot at the core of Canadian politics. The media, once the guardians of truth, now seem to be in a tango with the powers that be, dancing to a tune that serves the political elite rather than the public.

Now, focus on this: the 2023 Fall Economic Statement proposes to substantially increase the cap on labour expenditures per eligible newsroom employee under the Canadian journalism labour tax credit. This isn't just about supporting journalism; it's effectively subsidizing a particular narrative. A whooping increase from $55,000 to $85,000 per journalist, with a temporary hike in the tax credit rate from 25% to 35%? This is a clear sign of a government desperately trying to prop up a failing industry that aligns with its own agenda.

This isn't about sustaining objective journalism. It's about maintaining a media that's compliant and conducive to the government's narrative. The increase in funding is a strategic move to ensure that the media remains on the government's side, effectively turning journalists into mouthpieces for the state.
    The exchange between Trudeau and Poilievre exposes the underlying issue: a government so intertwined with the media that it expects coverage as a matter of course. Trudeau's frustration with the lack of coverage on his economic update speaks volumes about his expectations of the media – not as independent watchdogs, but as extensions of his own public relations machine.
    Hadn't heard Trudeau was upping his media purchases - guess he thinks the polls indicate he needs to up his propaganda game.

I always enjoy a Dan Knight piece to balance out the CBC coverage.... https://substack.com/@danknight

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    They all have ear pieces that provide live translation. So it's baitin' but more like
    Which is why the MP was extra dumb to bring it up.. like it was going to go well..

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Which is why the MP was extra dumb to bring it up.. like it was going to go well..
    She was very polite in asking her to respond in English, and it's completely normal to answer questions in the same language they're asked in given the Liberal MP responds to Liberal questions in English.

Just more blatant Liberal divisiveness while they claim it's the Conservatives dividing the country.
    Last edited by davidI; 12-02-2023 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Fuck Quebec

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

What the hell is going on in Canada?

Clerk arrested for fighting back against robber armed with baseball bat. https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/pet...lice-1.6718395

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    What the hell is going on in Canada?

Clerk arrested for fighting back against robber armed with baseball bat. https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/pet...lice-1.6718395
    "The clerk then allegedly grabbed the bat away from the suspect, who fled the store, followed him out of the store and hit him “several times” with the bat on the sidewalk." You can't just run after someone and beat the shit out of them with a bat. This has always been the case.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    "The clerk then allegedly grabbed the bat away from the suspect, who fled the store, followed him out of the store and hit him “several times” with the bat on the sidewalk." You can't just run after someone and beat the shit out of them with a bat. This has always been the case.
    Which is bullshit. I get its the law, but its still horseshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Freelands protection thug roughing up crazy old man Menzies for asking her questions and arresting him on made up charges ( that were dropped hours later ) has been a super good look.

Officer is already under formal RCMP investigation.

A shame we only rough up journalists in this country rather than terrorist sympathizers screaming threats and violence at police and innocent bystanders. Quite the utopia we have setup in this country.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rah...-for-jihadists

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Yea, but it's completely backwards.

Pre-meditated illegal actions should have consequences. Victims reacting and fighting back against the criminal threatening them don't deserve punishment. I mean, beating a guy to death is different from returning the actions of a crook back upon them.

If some dude walks up and punches me in the face and walks off I'm just supposed to stand there and then file a police report that will never be looked at again? C'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    Which is bullshit. I get its the law, but its still horseshit.
    I would tend to disagree here. I would love for castle laws to be relevant here and very much agree with a person being able to protect themselves, their family, and property to the furthest extent possible. However, once the attack, or risk if you will, is no longer credible, that's where the right should stop. Running after the person in an attempt to deliver "justice" completely after the threat is over isn't the place of an individual.

I get your position, but there is a slippery slope of what "just" would mean.

Yea, but it's completely backwards.

Pre-meditated illegal actions should have consequences. Victims reacting and fighting back against the criminal threatening them don't deserve punishment. I mean, beating a guy to death is different from returning the actions of a crook back upon them.

If some dude walks up and punches me in the face and walks off I'm just supposed to stand there and then file a police report that will never be looked at again? C'mon.
    They do have consequences, its called the law.

If a dude runs up, punches you in the face, then runs away is he still a threat? No. Thats the difference here. Are you above the law just as much as the criminal thinks they are? "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Gandhi
    Last edited by spike98; 01-10-2024 at 11:59 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea chasing someone down and beating the shit out of them in retribution/punishment when they are fleeing is not generally respected as self defence even in the most lax jurisdictions.

I’m guessing evidence exists ( like a camera ) that buddy chased him down and took it too far.

fact.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

You fuck his dad.

My Ride
    NC1

primal instincts
    revenge
    doesn't make it right
    just shows we can be animals
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

he should have beat him in the legs instead of the head. Prob no charges then.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

I would tend to disagree here. I would love for castle laws to be relevant here and very much agree with a person being able to protect themselves, their family, and property to the furthest extent possible. However, once the attack, or risk if you will, is no longer credible, that's where the right should stop. Running after the person in an attempt to deliver "justice" completely after the threat is over isn't the place of an individual.

I get your position, but there is a slippery slope of what "just" would mean.

They do have consequences, its called the law.

If a dude runs up, punches you in the face, then runs away is he still a threat? No. Thats the difference here. Are you above the law just as much as the criminal thinks they are? "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Gandhi
    And this is where good lawyers should come in to play. Is the threat still relevant? Totally depends on how the victim feels. If the victim allows the criminal to just run off, then they now have to fear that criminals return for retribution. Or worse yet, the criminal coming back with a group of his thug buddies. It's your god given right to protect yourself from those threats.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Robber attacked clerk, strikes him with a bat. Clerk, with life in danger, manages to disarm the robber. The robber then attempts to flank the clerk by exiting the building and circling back. The clerk, still afraid for his life, decides to end the threat as he knows the next attack may kill him.

Easy win amirite.

What's funny is the clerk was arrested and charged on the spot, and cops said they're "planning" on charging the robber.

Classic Canadian police repsonce.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Page 127 of 155 FirstFirst ... 117 126 127 128 137 ... LastLast