Quantcast
Trudeau has to go? - Page 108 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 108 of 158 FirstFirst ... 98 107 108 109 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 3154

Thread: Trudeau has to go?

  1. #2141
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    3,202
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are the chaps vegan?
    No, they’re British.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #2142
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    427
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All chaps are assless. If they weren't they'd just be pants.
    Ya, just trying to help illustrate how "muddy" the situation gets "back there". Between the Indian "catering" on PM Peewee's plane and Guilbeault's unwashed "Bridge climbing harness", there's much less airborne coliform at a Strathmore rodeo.

    How fast can you say "Eau du Trudeau & Guilbeau's Dildeau" 3 times.


  3. #2143
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    3,111
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    “We’re doing so without the Conservative plan to restrict access to abortion, to deny the impact of climate change, and put more assault weapons in our streets,” Trudeau said
    https://nationalpost.com/news/parlia...iberals-agenda

    Every liberal dog whistle in one sentence. Things must not be looking good for Trudeau.

  4. #2144
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North North Dakota
    My Ride
    Nissan x2
    Posts
    600
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    Regurgitating election fear mongering slogans. PP lives rent free in trudeaus head.

  5. #2145
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,380
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    "Harper" ran out of mileage finally, gotta do something.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

  6. #2146
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Upstairs
    My Ride
    Natural Gas.
    Posts
    13,528
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Canada is an influencer.
    Name:  Screenshot_20230922-170610.png
Views: 352
Size:  398.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

  7. #2147
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    9,758
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Canada is an influencer.
    Name:  Screenshot_20230922-170610.png
Views: 352
Size:  398.2 KB
    Basically we decided our poltical strategy is to “be Leo DiCaprio”
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  8. #2148
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    4,334
    Rep Power
    89

    Default

    Canada actually gives very little in subsidies in comparison to other countries. I forgot where I saw the info but could dig it up next week if really called out for it.

  9. #2149
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Valladolid, Spain
    My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Canada actually gives very little in subsidies in comparison to other countries. I forgot where I saw the info but could dig it up next week if really called out for it.
    The voices screaming about subsidies can't actually quantify or explain them.

    It's actually pretty funny but also an indication of how many incompetent individuals parrot media headlines as though they're sanctified.

  10. #2150
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    4,334
    Rep Power
    89

    Default

    Thing is, O&G subsidies are actually net positive investment in Canada. The money gov't gets is insane through royalties and taxation. That goes to most social services we all use and need.
    Autoworker bailouts, Bombardier bailout. Net negative to all citizens except the CEOs.

  11. #2151
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thing is, O&G subsidies are actually net positive investment in Canada. The money gov't gets is insane through royalties and taxation. That goes to most social services we all use and need.
    Autoworker bailouts, Bombardier bailout. Net negative to all citizens except the CEOs.
    No, they arent. Its a net negative by a huge margin. Just orphan well clean up cost estimates exceed what weve taken in in roaylties for 20 years. That doesnt include other environmental costs, damage, inxreased heatlh costs due to polution and particulates. Its nkt even close.

    O&G people are fucking morons of the highest order.
    MAGA = My Ass Got Arrested.

    Beware the passive aggressive Mean Girls. Vengie, Killramos, Penismightier, buster, jrscoolude, etc who bully others into their circle jerk opinion, serially negging you, while claiming they ignore you and don't obsess over you.

    PSA. High school is not a popularity contest little girls

  12. #2152
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Valladolid, Spain
    My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thing is, O&G subsidies are actually net positive investment in Canada. The money gov't gets is insane through royalties and taxation. That goes to most social services we all use and need.
    Autoworker bailouts, Bombardier bailout. Net negative to all citizens except the CEOs.
    This. Sometimes they even invent the "subsidies" based on negative externalities (like air pollution / CO2) but blame the oil rather than the cars burning the oil.

    Political math is the worst kind of math.

  13. #2153
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, they arent. Its a net negative by a huge margin. Just orphan well clean up cost estimates exceed what weve taken in in roaylties for 20 years. That doesnt include other environmental costs, damage, inxreased heatlh costs due to polution and particulates. Its nkt even close.

    O&G people are fucking morons of the highest order.
    Good thing the Mensa Teamsters chapter has sent you to straighten us all out.

  14. #2154
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good thing the Mensa Teamsters chapter has sent you to straighten us all out.
    Glad I can help you with the very basic shit. You are welcome.
    MAGA = My Ass Got Arrested.

    Beware the passive aggressive Mean Girls. Vengie, Killramos, Penismightier, buster, jrscoolude, etc who bully others into their circle jerk opinion, serially negging you, while claiming they ignore you and don't obsess over you.

    PSA. High school is not a popularity contest little girls

  15. #2155
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    9,758
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good thing the Mensa Teamsters chapter has sent you to straighten us all out.
    Please don’t feed the zoo animals
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  16. #2156
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,655
    Rep Power
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This. Sometimes they even invent the "subsidies" based on negative externalities (like air pollution / CO2) but blame the oil rather than the cars burning the oil.

    Political math is the worst kind of math.
    The "subsidies" they "stopped" for the O&G industry recently was Export Canada's "advertising" of Canada's O&G. That and TransMountain were basically the only two line items.

    Apparently, everybody is still trying to figure out what the hell Export Canada was doing for O&G, including Export Canada.

  17. #2157
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Upstairs
    My Ride
    Natural Gas.
    Posts
    13,528
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Some of the supposed "subsidies" are also normal corporate tax credits that every corporation can claim. Shit like gst credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

  18. #2158
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5
    Posts
    6,388
    Rep Power
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thing is, O&G subsidies are actually net positive investment in Canada. The money gov't gets is insane through royalties and taxation. That goes to most social services we all use and need.
    Autoworker bailouts, Bombardier bailout. Net negative to all citizens except the CEOs.
    You dare deface the pride and joy of Ontario and Quebec?! I should swear at you in English and French
    Ultracrepidarian

  19. #2159
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    calgary ab
    My Ride
    4x4
    Posts
    2,403
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am sure that is an "on paper" number, but yes I think the margins are far less than people realize. Volume! volume! volume!
    I don't believe this for a second.

    But it's all about the structure right? The logistics/warehouse and trucking sides of their business - are not included in the "Grocery revenue". They're totally separate companies. You show 3% revenue on the Grocery side to the public, but take a massive margin in the backend. That warehouse and truck says "Loblaws" but it's not the same corporation.

  20. #2160
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    9,758
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't believe this for a second.

    But it's all about the structure right? The logistics/warehouse and trucking sides of their business - are not included in the "Grocery revenue". They're totally separate companies. You show 3% revenue on the Grocery side to the public, but take a massive margin in the backend. That warehouse and truck says "Loblaws" but it's not the same corporation.
    Empire is the umbrella company that owns all of the smaller corporations lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 108 of 158 FirstFirst ... 98 107 108 109 118 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Are we ready for another Trudeau??

    By Toma in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 48
    Latest Threads: 08-30-2023, 07:40 PM
  2. Trudeau has been our leader for 2 years now. Your thoughts?

    By Seth1968 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 66
    Latest Threads: 01-11-2018, 02:33 PM
  3. Justin Trudeau kicks senators out of Liberal caucus

    By Vagabond142 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 46
    Latest Threads: 01-30-2014, 04:19 PM
  4. Though light on policy, Trudeau offers key glimpses of next Liberal platform

    By HiTempguy1 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 60
    Latest Threads: 04-20-2013, 08:49 AM
  5. Kevin Trudeau

    By bigbadboss101 in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Latest Threads: 08-11-2007, 10:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •