Quantcast
Daily/project '09 Civic Si - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Daily/project '09 Civic Si

My Ride
    changes every year

Default Daily/project '09 Civic Si

So I bought this car to replace my LS430. I wasn't really planning on buying anything else, but I was doing some side jobs and it was better to have a commuter and now itll be an airport car.

Some young twin girls were driving this car for the last year or 2 and it showed. There are scratches and dents on every single panel of the car, rock chips galore on the hood and front bumper, bumper was falling off, zip tied to the grill which had the tabs all broken, clips missing, headlights ziptied, the fog lights were smashed, the trunk used to have some kind of aftermarket spoiler, but was taken off by the PO, so theres holes in the trunk, it was just a fucking mess and the interior, my God they never cleaned it, that im sure of. Be that as it may, it actually ran great.

When I went to look at it, based on the pics from kijiji, I didn't know that it was lowered or that it had rims or an exhaust. So when I looked everything over, I noticed that those parts were fairly decent.

So when we negotiated on it, I ended up getting a great price on it, plus the addition of what was at least a few grand in extra parts on the car.

It has an invidia N1 exhaust and BC Racing coilovers as well as some Konig rims with pretty decent tires, however, those rims are not staying.

First I started by getting it on the hoist(no pics of this) checking underneath and doing an oil change, its very clean, but the mud guard was missing, probably because the thing is so low.

Then, I ripped off the front bumper, lights and grill to find out what all the mess was. They obviously bottomed out many times and broke everything while doing it.

So i bought all new clips, made a bracket for the broken grill and for one of the headlights and put everything back together, finally it stays together and doesn't move anymore lol

Then I started to clean the car inside and out, it looked OK from far but up close is still a nightmare, the interior needs a shampoo, but its pretty clean now, found some used fake eyelashes in there :puke:

Today was body work day, I started out with the hood and trunk and then i took off the vtec decals that were half peeling off. For what the car is worth, im sure its not worth me doing all of this lol but its fun.

There was one dent I had to pop out of the trunk, but other than that, just scratched up and had the spoiler holes. At the end of today, I'm at the point that I need to sand the primer on the hood and trunk. I'll do that in a few weeks when I get back home from work, then I'll spray it.

When I picked it up

Cleaned it up to see all the defects. Lots and lots lol

Bodywork, I am not a body man

Removing the decals

Primed, still needs a sand

I dont know how far ill go with it, but im going to raise it up a bit and throw on some better wheels for next summer, hondata and a few other things. Its not so much a build as a restore to OEM+(ish).

I do however want to see what can be done via a couple of dents that could be PDR'd and paint correction as i dont think i know what im doing lol

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

I think I have one 8th gen Civic headlight. If I remember correctly, it is for a coupe. But I will have to double check. If it is for a coupe and you are interested, you can have it.

The 8th gen Civic Si is great to toss around... the only thing I hated was the RPM lag because of the DBW.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by HiSpec View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I have one 8th gen Civic headlight. If I remember correctly, it is for a coupe. But I will have to double check. If it is for a coupe and you are interested, you can have it.

The 8th gen Civic Si is great to toss around... the only thing I hated was the RPM lag because of the DBW.
    Hondata stock tune will fix the hang, and it drops vtec to 4500.

Love the Si, miss mine.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by HiSpec View Post

I'll take it if you got it if its in good shape for sure, thanks. Ya the lag is pretty bad, my 11 year old noticed it even lol but ya from what I've read, a hondata will fix it.

I'm not trying to go crazy with it, but itll be a fun daily.

My Ride
    V8s

You might want to look into a cobb accessport vs hondata (unless you already have?). A buddy of mine had the cobb on his back in the day and really liked it. Same thing, can drop vtec, eliminate rev hang, I think he even had a "launch control" where you could floor it and it would hold the revs at like 4k haha.

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    You might want to look into a cobb accessport vs hondata (unless you already have?). A buddy of mine had the cobb on his back in the day and really liked it. Same thing, can drop vtec, eliminate rev hang, I think he even had a "launch control" where you could floor it and it would hold the revs at like 4k haha.
    Actually no, i just automatically assumed hondata would be the best tuner for it. Ill look into a Cobb, check out the differences.

Thanks for saving the car. Looks like a fun project! I haven't ever gotten in body work before, is that Bondo that you are using?

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by Chantastic View Post
    Thanks for saving the car. Looks like a fun project! I haven't ever gotten in body work before, is that Bondo that you are using?
    Ya its just bingo, just filling in all the small rock chips. Dents and shit like that, i won't bondo until they're pdr'd if they still need it.

I just cant stand how they didnt take care of the car appearance wise