Quantcast
Need Some Opinions - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Need Some Opinions

My Ride
    Probe

Default Need Some Opinions

Im not hating on my buddy, but I woud'nt mind a heads up from you guys on what I should do ...
    I was going to sell my 18's to a really good friend of mine, after about 2 weeks I decided I'll stick with em instead of getting 19's like I planned. Well my buddy got nice and attached to seeing 18's on his car and doesnt want to take em off...
    He is a buddy and he doesnt have an extra set of tires kicking around because his last rim cracked really bad, (plus my car is parked tell next summer already ) so if i be all sturn and get em back right away he is kinda shit out of luck, and besides the fact ill be a dink , but on the other hand my tread is going down the drain, i checked out my tires and they are getting balder by the day... I think he drives em really hard!

SO i bring it up to em I want em back cause its costing me money, and i show him how one of my tires is almost completly bald " really nicely he says, well ill split the price of a new tire with you " but i cant even afford half the price of a tire right now, let alone the other 3 that got mad tread loss on em! Plus he doesnt have anymore more money kicking around then Gary Coleman!

Now dont just say, tell him to give em back cause its more complecated then that!
    anyone got some good advice they could give ?

My Ride
    Honda

my opinion and mine only:

this is kind of on you. you said you'd sell them to him, and stuck with it for 2 weeks. thats a long time to make up your mind. if he's a good guy, and understands your situation, he would give them back, cause rims arent cheap. on the other hand, i hate to say it, but there isnt much you can do. try appealing to him, and say you made a mistake, but you dont want it to come between you two. you just want them back.
    worst case scenario, if this were in front of judge judy, you would lose 100% though

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

well if he has your 18' does that mean he gave u the cash for the 18? if not yet then hook him up w/ some deal on someone else's rims and ask for yours back.. since he has themoney for rims anyway.. if he already paid u.. then.. well u can just talk to him face to face.. or.. well up to u haha

My Ride
    BMW E70

Hey Conner-
    Has he paid you for them yet? (BTW I know who you are talking about) What is he going to use for winter tires/rims? Because if he hasn't paid you he can probably find a deal on someone elses rims. He can also pick up stock GT rims pretty cheap off the net. If he has/is paying you then there isn't a whole lot you can do. But, if he hasn't paid you for them yet then help him find some different ones. I don't doubt he's hard on the tires, I've seen him drive.
    On the plus side, he won't be able to use the 18" rims much longer, some people are all ready taking theirs off and going either back to stock or to steelies.
    Good Luck I'll talk to you later to see how it went.

My Ride
    Probe

See he was going to pay me 200 bux a month tell it was payed off... after 2 weeks we both decided its alright cause he will go get 19's too or something...
    He hasnt paid me a single cent!
    We both know they arnt his, we both know its costing me money ( cause ive talked to him ) but he wont take em off, he just keeps saying oh well ill park it in a month...
    well thats another 50 bux worth of tread damage

My Ride
    Probe

Now tell me this, he didnt put the spacers on, cause it seemed like they would fit, but i have driven in his car a couple times and they seem to shake... which makes me wonder because he was pretty much gone from 80% tread to 10% in 2 months on one of the tires, and the other ones have gone from 80-90% down to 60%
    which means i might even get them back and the inner lip part could be fucked and everything... im so paranoid with this situation its making me go crazy!!

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by ConVict
    See he was going to pay me 200 bux a month tell it was payed off... after 2 weeks we both decided its alright cause he will go get 19's too or something...
    He hasnt paid me a single cent!
    We both know they arnt his, we both know its costing me money ( cause ive talked to him ) but he wont take em off, he just keeps saying oh well ill park it in a month...
    well thats another 50 bux worth of tread damage
    "Take Him to Court and Sue Him"

I dunno man, sounds like a pretty bad freeloader to me.
    Travel

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

thats wat Judge Judy is for

Jack them from his car

Just help him find some rims fast. Even if they're ugly, talk about them like "oh man, those would look NIIIICCEE on your car" its a 5 on 114.3, right? So it shouldn't be hard to find someone selling some 17-19's off thier lude. If he doesn't have any money though, then just tell him straight up, your taking advantage of me, so give em back before I start busting some mad flying kicks.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."