Quantcast
financial advisors - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: financial advisors

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I feel that we should take a step back and gauge how useful this thread has been to the OP.

Its a rhetorical question. Nobody gets to retire nowadays. Unless you have a money printer in your basement.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

60% of every freshly printed US dollar now goes toward debt services, $26 Trillion and counting for the USA alone.

What makes things crazy scary is that it used to be only a handful of nations that printed money. During this crisis - All nations are printing money. Which does mean you *might* want to find alternate means of savings. Two tons of nickels would be a start.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again. I like Mawer. Not a single EIT on their roster to fuck up the portfolio.
    Indeed. I put most of my trading account into Mawer Balanced (MAW104) or Tax Advantaged Balanced (MAW105) fund. It's not super sexy returns, but it's nice and simple and consistent growth and low MER. Hard to go wrong if you want just set-it-and-forget-it
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Those look pretty good for a 'forget it' plan. I wonder how Vanguard's offerings will compare over a longer term.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Those look pretty good for a 'forget it' plan. I wonder how Vanguard's offerings will compare over a longer term.
    Right? Huge fan of them.

Also, the thing with those Vanguard funds, there is still going to be some decisions being made on asset allocation within them. It's not like you are just buying 80% Total Market Index and 20% Global Bond Index. That asset allocation decision alone is going to have an impact on performance.

Again, for the average person, building a sleep at night account, and if they don't have the time, knowledge or desire to manage. Any one of those will be a good option....as long as they can stick to the set it and forget it strategy.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by dezmarez View Post
    Right? Huge fan of them.

Also, the thing with those Vanguard funds, there is still going to be some decisions being made on asset allocation within them. It's not like you are just buying 80% Total Market Index and 20% Global Bond Index. That asset allocation decision alone is going to have an impact on performance.

Again, for the average person, building a sleep at night account, and if they don't have the time, knowledge or desire to manage. Any one of those will be a good option....as long as they can stick to the set it and forget it strategy.
    what asset allocation decisions are being made within VGRO and XGRO (other than the mix of equities and FI)?

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    what asset allocation decisions are being made within VGRO and XGRO (other than the mix of equities and FI)?
    Well from my understanding, they set an internal benchmark in terms of their strategic asset allocation, and use index funds to stick to that internal benchmark.
    There is still some decision making, in terms of % weighted towards US equities, CAD equities etc.

It's not like you are investing 80% in a Total World Market Fund. 30% of VGRO's 80% equity exposure is in Canada. Just look at the difference between VGRO and XGRO. You will see they don't have the same asset allocation.

Again, splitting hairs at this point, but again, there is still some level of strategic asset allocation.
    Last edited by dezmarez; 08-30-2020 at 10:20 PM.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    NC1

Seeing how Beyond is basically gonna be here forever I hope all y’all stick around and we can bump this.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Yup, old farts on here might want to invest in a bottle full of zinc gummies above all other things. That being said: You want to be sure you are not deficient in any vitamin going into the school openings, when the walking toddlers of ultimate disease spreading start interacting.

Why gummies (or oil) because if your digestive system gets hit, zinc in dry pill form might not break down properly. As an emergency, you can suck on a zinc lozenge.

What good is money if you have lung, heart or brain damage?

The most important thing is probably to read up on what form of zinc is best absorbed by the body, zinc oxide, zinc sulfate, zinc acetate, or zinc ?
    Last edited by ZenOps; 08-31-2020 at 04:51 AM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride

Neuralink will be able to transplant my consciousness into a jar in 30 years.

Name:  zzz.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  32.4 KB

Its also worth mentioning: If you like Pepperoni pizza, you better have it soon. If more of the meat plants start catching and Biden gets in, there may not be such a thing as pepperoni in 2021.

This plays into wine, are you really going to buy a 2020 or 2021 that has been squished by human feet? Might be last chance.

Last edited by ZenOps; 08-31-2020 at 01:40 PM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Seriously though, it looks like everyone who got a stimulus check in the USA put it into Tesla. Can't blame them either, the first time you have a major repair on a combustion engine is the day you realize how stupid it all is.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Stop it, ZenOps.

Whut, Tesla $45 a year ago today. Now well over $450.

Never seen anything like it, but no doubt people just want the electric car to be a thing.

What is the price of a pre-covid wine? Could easily do a lumber, especially if they ban the production of some wines due to the way they have to process it (which is very unsanitary, you would never have twenty Chinese people in a vat stomping grapes being able to sell to the European market)

https://www.investopedia.com/article...investment.asp

History has taught me that what white people in the USA like is what you tend to want as an investment, because they don't have a grasp on relative value or effort, they only know consumption.. Did Buzz know at the time that $7,000 a year was a good or bad wage?
    Last edited by ZenOps; 09-01-2020 at 05:36 PM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride

450 is after the 5:1 split.

I haven't even mentioned that I think that two of the big five banks may come under some form of insolvency or nationalization. Arguably, If Galen Weston makes 15% on a loaf of bread, and Apple makes 30% on every software distribution sale, and it only costs them 1% in overhead - then why exactly do they need the bank? The answer is they don't need the bank. Its a useless underperforming entity to the billionaires.

At 0.0% interest rates, the entire banking sector becomes obsolete to the people that matter most to the banks, said billionaires. The only place left for the banks to make money is on predatory loans.

But hey, why listen to a guy who thinks that the moon landing never happened, you do what you feel is best for yourself.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 09-01-2020 at 07:01 PM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    I haven't even mentioned that I think that two of the big five banks may come under some form of insolvency or nationalization. Arguably, If Galen Weston makes 15% on a loaf of bread, and Apple makes 30% on every software distribution sale, and it only costs them 1% in overhead - then why exactly do they need the bank? The answer is they don't need the bank. Its a useless underperforming entity to the billionaires.

At 0.0% interest rates, the entire banking sector becomes obsolete to the people that matter most to the banks, said billionaires. The only place left for the banks to make money is on predatory loans.

But hey, why listen to a guy who thinks that the moon landing never happened, you do what you feel is best for yourself.
    I'm assuming bank of america not sure what the other is but Deutsche Bank is right there as well I think (didn't read much about it but know they are struggling hard)
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4