Quantcast
shakalaka's House of Supercars - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: shakalaka's House of Supercars

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Id wait for mitsu to chime in, im sure he knows someone who knows someone thats done this. If not im sure he'll have some good professional knowledge himself
    +rep

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I've been friends with Kulu since before he sold his first Lambo, what you described is 100% accurate. I would say it's next to impossible to start cold here without decades of grind.
    Should get Kulu to start his own Vinwiki style channel on Youtube. Would be cool to here some local stories regarding the exotic car scene.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Probably due to being a notorious pawn shop owner with an exotic dealership in the heart of the hood with bottom of the barrel inventory and questionable style... proof that not all publicly is good, but dude is highly entertaining at least... but dumping an Enzo in the ocean and rebuilding it as an fxx doesn’t play well in a small world where people want transparent ownership, original, low mileage cars
    Beat me to it.

In a business where relationships are huge, it is zero surprise to me that a slime ball like that guy was not successful

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I feel like the questionable style piece cannot be understated
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Friend of mine is doing that in Van .. (Well, any house is 7 figure there, and many 8 figure) with some many kids driving Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, Mclaren, Aston etc etc .. and they get tired after a year or two, so a 1-2 year short term "Student Lease" program is quite a good idea over there ..

I haven't chatted with him for a while, not sure if he is doing good, and how the "liability" been work out, probably not as fussy as people here..
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Id wait for mitsu to chime in, im sure he knows someone who knows someone thats done this. If not im sure he'll have some good professional knowledge himself

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Just got to tap into the 9 figure traders that bcylau knows.

My House of Shitty Cars is a better idea. Anyone want to invest?

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Last edited by KRyn; 03-11-2022 at 10:55 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Fun+cool gigs and making bank gigs are almost entirely mutually exclusive

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Who is @shakalaka outside of beyond.ca?

A brand/branding takes years to establish.

My Ride
    NC1

Basically if shak sends you letters, be afraid.

Also shak, i know you like the food but you don't have to buy the restaurant but it's fun to think about it tho
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    This is the most accurate post in this thread, besides turning using "z" for all "s'" (obviously).

In this market, you aren't dealing with widgets; each car is unique and you have to have a good understanding of what the market values and likes for each individual car, model, etc (hint: it's not always what you like). The key is to be able to find those cars on a consistent basis.

Then you have to buy them at the right price. You have to understand market demands and trends, what the manufacturers are doing (new models, upgrades, finance rebates which can kill used values, etc). You have to be able to do this consistently as well, otherwise you end up buying compromised inventory just to keep the shelves stocked (presuming you have a full-fledged retail business). You truly need to know the market & thumbing through autotrader or Dupont registry doesn't count (that could lead to some very expensive mistakes).

Then you have to have the right contacts to get everything done. Transport, detail, repair work, reconditioning - all can be hyper expensive if you don't know what you're doing / what needs to be done and don't have the right connections.

I know everyone here is a car enthusiast (mostly) and thinks this would be a "cool side gig", and as easy as it is to slag "used car salesman", you have to realize this is real business. The used car market in the US is a nearly $800B a year industry - that's massive. You're talking about playing in the corner of a very large sandbox that lot of people and major corporations take very seriously. Manufacturers are helping their dealers succeed by constantly creating new tools that you won't have access to... Finance deals, CPOs, closed dealer auctions, etc are just the tip of the iceberg, yet make competing harder and harder for the independent. In the more "enthusiast" level of the market, there are the established players (the Kulus or Marshall Goldmans of the world), the major auctions (RM, Gooding, etc) and the digital platforms (BaT, PCar, etc).

My suggestion would be to stick with what you know and make as much $$$ lawyering as you can. Get the right connections and relationships and do it with your own cars, without the formality of a business, etc. Edit - yeah, like 90_Shelby said.

Double edit -

Nailed it.

Best post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post

I wouldn't drop everything in it and go all in....
    Annnnd you pretty much ended the thread here. Yes, you wouldn't necessarily have to go all in right away in the financial sense, but mentally you have to be committed 100% from the start. You said it yourself - you don't have the time for that. "That" being all the networking, industry knowledge, etc. that you've needed to be working on 10 years ago to even have a shot at this today.

Make lots of money doing what you're already doing, and you could realistically drive all the cars you've dreamed of at some point in your life. And don't say it doesn't pay enough to do that...you admitted to buying a 7-figures house.

You've worked hard for much of your life to become specialized in a skill/profession that relatively few people are properly qualified, or even permitted to practice. Having put in the hours to get to where you are, I'm surprised that you think that running a successful exotic car dealership is any different with regards to the hustle involved.

Being a car enthusiast with some bucks is hardly a free pass for getting into the actual business of cars. Based on what you've said in this thread so far, I'm sorry to say that I just don't see this as anything more than a pipe dream you have - which if we're honest here, only even exists because of your current financial circumstances. After each (good) post by other members in this thread, you keep having to rejig your original idea, which shows you don't really know or understand what you want out of this.

You've got a good career that appears to be on the upward trajectory. Stick with that. You literally don't need this at all to be able to drive nice cars and retire early/comfortably, which is your main motivation behind this. I don't think you would've gone through law school if this wasn't at all possible?
    Last edited by Skyline_Addict; 08-28-2020 at 01:58 AM.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

holy fuck just lost my drink on the keyboard

AA++++ Would read again

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    holy fuck just lost my drink on the keyboard

AA++++ Would read again
    I missed this joke. Can someone Phil me in?

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    I missed this joke. Can someone Phil me in?

MITSU3000GT knows just about everything or someone who knows everything about any and all subjects

(nothing against the guy)

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

^Does he run a pawnshop?

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

But in all seriousness turo sounds like what you described fore the rent/deliver technology. There's only an I8, C8 vette and GTR for anything "exotic" though.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    Friend of mine is doing that in Van .. (Well, any house is 7 figure there, and many 8 figure) with some many kids driving Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, Mclaren, Aston etc etc .. and they get tired after a year or two, so a 1-2 year short term "Student Lease" program is quite a good idea over there ..

I haven't chatted with him for a while, not sure if he is doing good, and how the "liability" been work out, probably not as fussy as people here..
    I think we know the same person? anyways, that market is totally different from here. Those short term leases are gold mines. We dont have that kind of clientele here

Thanks for the love boys
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    NC1

You guys are funny. I search threads for the Mitsu comment and I was not disappoint.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast