Quantcast
Nvidia 3000 Series Announcement - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Nvidia 3000 Series Announcement

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Has anyone seen any numbers, anywhere, on deliveries to Canada, or Mem Ex in particular? It seems like the FE cards are being dribbled still on a FCFB (first come first bot) basis, but I haven't seen anything on deliveries to our local retailers.

I know EVGA held their launch a few days because of the capacitor and driver debacle, , but was really hoping to see some news by now. Even if it was just "shipping X soon" so I knew at the very least the jerks ahead of me were going to see product soon and shorted my wait.

My Ride
    TypeR

Quote Originally Posted by colsankey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone seen any numbers, anywhere, on deliveries to Canada, or Mem Ex in particular? It seems like the FE cards are being dribbled still on a FCFB (first come first bot) basis, but I haven't seen anything on deliveries to our local retailers.

I know EVGA held their launch a few days because of the capacitor and driver debacle, , but was really hoping to see some news by now. Even if it was just "shipping X soon" so I knew at the very least the jerks ahead of me were going to see product soon and shorted my wait.
    I personally have two builds for friends waiting for cards from memx right now. Only way to get one in the next few weeks from them is to go in and pay in full to reserve next 3080 that comes in. They will trickle in but don't expect to walk in and grab one until November maybe even early December.

Founders edition is the best card by far but I think it will come down to luck of the draw as I don't see any retailers getting those in Canada.
    Last edited by scboss; 09-30-2020 at 01:19 AM.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Ive got one on preorder from launch day.

Theres just been surprisingly little news from nvidia, evga and mem ex on how many have actually been shipped.

They might be wanting to withhold info that from AMD but I dont see why they would care at this point, demand is still super high.

MemEX told me yesterday that they have just under one thousand pre orders for the 3080 and 3090. I have one of each (both Asus, I wanted eVGA, beggars can't be choosers right now) on order, guy I fly with online works at "the" online retailer in Norway (yes, it's tiny compared to N.A. stores), and my ETA on both is Nov 11th, same week the new Reverb G2 is supposed to come out. If any become available sooner, I'll snap them up and just cancel my other pre orders. That plus if I can get a F.E. card from nVidia's shop in the wee hours of the night, I'll be very happy to get both a 3080 and 3090 from there instead.

I think the Founders cards for the next few months will only be available from nVidia's shop - last night they had a bunch become "in stock", took only a couple minutes to sell out, this was about 3am Calgary time based on the comments/posts I've read today.

If you want to try and pick off either of these cards, the Discord and comments section in "now in stock" might work, a few people have posted they've found stock by following here.

https://www.nowinstock.net/ca/comput...vidia/rtx3090/
    Last edited by Gman.45; 10-02-2020 at 04:01 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    MemEX told me yesterday that they have just under one thousand pre orders for the 3080 and 3090. I have one of each (both Asus, I wanted eVGA, beggars can't be choosers right now) on order, guy I fly with online works at "the" online retailer in Norway (yes, it's tiny compared to N.A. stores), and my ETA on both is Nov 11th, same week the new Reverb G2 is supposed to come out. If any become available sooner, I'll snap them up and just cancel my other pre orders. That plus if I can get a F.E. card from nVidia's shop in the wee hours of the night, I'll be very happy to get both a 3080 and 3090 from there instead.

I think the Founders cards for the next few months will only be available from nVidia's shop - last night they had a bunch become "in stock", took only a couple minutes to sell out, this was about 3am Calgary time based on the comments/posts I've read today.

If you want to try and pick off either of these cards, the Discord and comments section in "now in stock" might work, a few people have posted they've found stock by following here.

https://www.nowinstock.net/ca/comput...vidia/rtx3090/
    I hope Ryzen chips aren't this hard to come by, I'm waiting for a new build as soon as Zen 3 comes out.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I hope Ryzen chips aren't this hard to come by, I'm waiting for a new build as soon as Zen 3 comes out.
    Samesies.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Me as well - so long as their single core gaming performance is close (hopefully same/better) as the 10900k. I have one 10900k system right now and it's not a whole lot faster than my 9900k in many apps/games, however with Digital Combat Simulator it gets a solid 10 to 15% better fps performance in VR (DCS is frequently CPU bound).

It'd be swell if AMD's new GPU gives the 3080 or 3090 even a run for its money, I'd really like to be able to build a Zen 3 system with an AMD GPU as well.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Seems like it'll be a long while before they're any real stock available, pretty big let down for consumers

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nv...ast-until-2021

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Seems like it'll be a long while before they're any real stock available, pretty big let down for consumers

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nv...ast-until-2021
    You probably don't want to be an early adopter anyway, as I mentioned earlier the board partners had a much shorter time to get things ready and there are all sorts of issues particularly with the capacitors. Nvidia's "fix" was unsurprisingly to release firmware that underclocked everyone's cards, so I wouldn't buy one until all that is sorted out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    You probably don't want to be an early adopter anyway, as I mentioned earlier the board partners had a much shorter time to get things ready and there are all sorts of issues particularly with the capacitors. Nvidia's "fix" was unsurprisingly to release firmware that underclocked everyone's cards, so I wouldn't buy one until all that is sorted out anyway.
    Capacitor issue has been thoroughly debunked.

Nvidia has the base specs of the cards set too high strung.

Virtually no cards have issues if ran at locked claimed speeds. And cards with the different caps still have crashes. It was simply driver instability because duh, of course it was.

AMD Keynote had Big Navi playing boarderlands in 4K at ~60 FPS. 3080 does ~65 FPS in that title at 4K so at first glance it looks like it will come in about as expected.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    AMD Keynote had Big Navi playing boarderlands in 4K at ~60 FPS. 3080 does ~65 FPS in that title at 4K so at first glance it looks like it will come in about as expected.
    Would be funny if they priced it lower than Nvidia on all 3 lines and Nvidia is holding back 3070 release to drop its price to match before it's even out of the gate.

Knew no way Nvidia is giving everyone that good bang for $ if AMD doesn't have something that's close.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Would be funny if they priced it lower than Nvidia on all 3 lines and Nvidia is holding back 3070 release to drop its price to match before it's even out of the gate.

Knew no way Nvidia is giving everyone that good bang for $ if AMD doesn't have something that's close.
    Yeah I think they will probably massage the 3070/3070Ti pricing to match. Nice to see that AMD seems to have a very competitive card on their hands.

This is AMD's data, but it looks like pretty much 3080 performance assuming no funny business:

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

5000 series chip pricing is kinda ehhhhh but they're obviously moving towards the 'we're not just the cheaper option' since they're beating Intel now.

I've been waiting for the new zen chips to release to do a complete new build so if the amd GPU's are on par/readily available then I'm okay with jumping ship...aside from having a GSync monitor already...

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    5000 series chip pricing is kinda ehhhhh but they're obviously moving towards the 'we're not just the cheaper option' since they're beating Intel now.

I've been waiting for the new zen chips to release to do a complete new build so if the amd GPU's are on par/readily available then I'm okay with jumping ship...aside from having a GSync monitor already...
    Yeah it's kind of an interesting point in time because they no longer have to be cheaper because they're slower than Intel. Now that it's quite the opposite, I think we're lucky that they kept prices mostly in line with the 3XXX series. I guess we lost the wraith spire coolers on the higher end SKUs but most of them just collected dust anyway. Theoretically they could be charging more than Intel and it would be a fair price.

I'm curious to see how Big Navi performs in creative applications as that is one area where Nvidia has a bit of a stronghold currently with software like Adobe heavily favoring CUDA cores.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-08-2020 at 02:49 PM.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

MSI was just outed scalping their own cards. Not like they were ever gonna get my business beforehand, but this combined with the shit they were pulling with reviewers paints a pretty bleak picture.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

What do we expect the price and avail of the 3070s to be at memex?

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

0 availability and $750ish

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    MSI was just outed scalping their own cards. Not like they were ever gonna get my business beforehand, but this combined with the shit they were pulling with reviewers paints a pretty bleak picture.
    Something about MSI doesn't smell right.

CEO got suicided back in July......
    https://www.theregister.com/2020/07/...20media%20TVBS.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast