Quantcast
Nvidia 3000 Series Announcement - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Nvidia 3000 Series Announcement

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Memex tweeted they're not answering the phones til noon and I don't blame them

https://twitter.com/memoryexpress/st...782720001?s=21

I'm impartial to retailers, Amazon just too easy to deal with for returns to shop elsewhere, but I'll buy if it's on sale elsewhere.

Newegg is a garbage company from my experience so they won't get any business from me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Newegg is a garbage company from my experience so they won't get any business from me.
    This is true, but they often have stock (they can pull from the USA) and good sales. I ordered my PC case came from them, hopefully it's in one piece....

My Ride
    Ford F150

I'm not sure how memex can compete with online retailers when they refuse to answer their phone, post updated stock information on the website, or allow online orders. Their entire model is based around people driving there and camping out like a Boxing Day sale in 1995.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    I'm not sure how memex can compete with online retailers when they refuse to answer their phone, post updated stock information on the website, or allow online orders. Their entire model is based around people driving there and camping out like a Boxing Day sale in 1995.
    They do normally, just not on launch day. Same as boxing day.

My Ride

Not defending memex, they could do things differently/ better but this fiasco stems from Nvidia.

They rushed to market to beat AMD while having little to no stock to supply vendors, 3rd party manufacturers, etc. And here we are.

If this post is true, this is sad, guy first in line at a memex location since 5:45am and the store didn't even receive any 3070 stock. I guess first dibs when they get stock is nice but would suck to go home empty handed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bapcsalesca..._list/gahl2om/

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Not defending memex, they could do things differently/ better but this fiasco stems from Nvidia.

They rushed to market to beat AMD while having little to no stock to supply vendors, 3rd party manufacturers, etc. And here we are.

If this post is true, this is sad, guy first in line at a memex location since 5:45am and the store didn't even receive any 3070 stock. I guess first dibs when they get stock is nice but would suck to go home empty handed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bapcsalesca..._list/gahl2om/
    MemEx's shitty attitude and poor communication is 100% on them. Nvidia is being a bag of dicks too and I hope AMD eats their lunch.

But MemEx chooses to be dickheads to customers without Nvidia's participation.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I don't recall a GPU launch hyped this much. And even after AMD's announcement, people still wants a 8GB 3070.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Do you guys think the new AMD cards will be able to outperform Nvidia w.r.t. Adobe integration?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2020 M2 Competition

Will have to wait for amd benchmarks from third parties. The graphs shown during presentation leveraged the rage mode OC and the memory interplay between the CPU and GPU specific to zen 3. With all that they only showed top fps rates instead of average which isn’t as telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    I don't recall a GPU launch hyped this much. And even after AMD's announcement, people still wants a 8GB 3070.
    Plenty of testing has been done and it is quite clear anything over 12gb is overkill, while 8gb is perfectly reasonable for what is an upper midtier card even gaming at 4k. They have to hit their price points somehow. Shopping on ram amount is like saying you only buy v8 pickups because moar cylinders are better.

As for the hype, AMD and Nvidia have realized how much more money their products can be sold for and people will still buy. 3080's are $1k, and 3090's are $2k. Simply insanity for the marginal performance boost between the two. Even almost doubling the price from 3070 to 3080 is crazy. But great for business, I wonder if Nvidia's profit margins are up?

My Ride
    Silverado

More cylinders are better.
    Although..
    I do regret buying a rx580 over the 1660s though. 8gb vs 6gb but worse performance

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Do you guys think the new AMD cards will be able to outperform Nvidia w.r.t. Adobe integration?
    These are the third party tests I am waiting for.

Ampere is a workstation architecture at heart and applications like Photoshop are typically optimized for Nvidia CUDA cores so it might be the way to go for creatives, but we need to wait and see third party testing on the AMD 6000 series. Puget Systems will probably put out a good article.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

What’s the big fucken deal over being “one of the first” to own something? I never understood it. People who camp out to buy shit? Give me a break...

Anyways, I’ll wait till the new year, once both cards have a few miles on em before I make up my mind. Sounds like the AMD cards will perform better on a RYZEN system, being able to access the system memory directly I guess?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Bench racing bro. If ya ain't first ya last.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    What’s the big fucken deal over being “one of the first” to own something? I never understood it. People who camp out to buy shit? Give me a break...

Anyways, I’ll wait till the new year, once both cards have a few miles on em before I make up my mind. Sounds like the AMD cards will perform better on a RYZEN system, being able to access the system memory directly I guess?
    I don't really care about being first, but I am replacing a 2015 build and just excited. I have the rest of the parts except the processor so 'getting it first' just means I get my new PC setup now and not 3 months later.

I usually wait for the dust to settle as well (I will use my 1080Ti until the 3rd party reviews come out on Radeon 6000), but there are lots of reasons people want PC parts right away.

- Some people are professional gamers or trying to be, so every frame counts
    - Some people are worried about availability, so they would rather get one now then potentially wait months
    - The earlier you get it, the longer you are using it before it gets replaced
    - Some people are just enthusiasts and are super excited about it like any other hobby

In my case, most of my parts are from 2016/2017 so I am looking forward to an enormous performance increase.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

I guess this is a bad time to mention that I'm still on an E8500 and dual GTX 780's?

All I really play is BF3, so it gets the job done for me!

I guess this is a bad time to mention that I'm still on an E8500 and dual GTX 780's?

All I really play is BF3, so it gets the job done for me!
    That's all that matters.

For me, this upgrade will cut literal hours off my editing times, so I'm pretty pumped about it.

My Ride
    2020 M2 Competition

I’m about to retire a 660 TI and I5 2500k...

My Ride

^haha shit, that's due for an upgrade

I'm about to retire my old build, 2600k and originally a gtx 580 but upgraded to a 1070 a few years back.

Got my $ out of this build to say the least but shits slow, meant to do a new build last year when zen 2 came out but moving across the country nixxed that timing wise. Glad I waited/didn't build last year.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast