Quantcast
Nvidia 3000 Series Announcement - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 236

Thread: Nvidia 3000 Series Announcement

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Camaro SS
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Nvidia 3000 Series Announcement

    Finally officially announced today, and holy moly, specs are pretty nuts and bang for the buck is amazing.

    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...raphics-cards/

    The 3070 has better specs than the 2080 TI, crazy value.

    3080 sounds flat out great and the 3090 is just insane, true beyond ballers can afford it though.

    4000 Ryzen series cpu rumoured to drop in October, I'm going to start planning for a new build and finally put my 2600k to rest.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,294
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    They look good, no surprises though - exact specs have been leaked for a long time now so it's nice to see them confirmed.

    I'm building a PC around a 4950X and 3090 (maybe 3080 20GB) later this year, I've been holding out for Ryzen 4000 and it will perfectly coincide with Ampere and PCi 4.0 SSD's.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,337
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Building a new PC in Oct/Nov and can't wait.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    rally pig
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Glad I didn't upgrade my 1060 yet on my 3700X rig as I was betting on the 3060.
    Now my problem is wanting to play any games now a days haha.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    975
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Waiting for Ryzen 4000's for me. My CPU is the oldest component that needs a upgrade (6600k). With those specs though I could definitely see swapping my 1070 for a 3070 down the road. Really curious to see what AMD tries to push back in the GPU department. Nvidia seems to just be walking away with things in the discrete department (Amd is doing great in the value/APU section tho)
    Nolan

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB
    Posts
    408
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You say bang for the buck is great, but $2000 for a GPUs more than some people pay for an entire system including monitor.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,232
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colsankey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You say bang for the buck is great, but $2000 for a GPUs more than some people pay for an entire system including monitor.
    It’s a really really big bang lol

    Jokes aside that 3070 is amazing for what it costs.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,337
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colsankey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You say bang for the buck is great, but $2000 for a GPUs more than some people pay for an entire system including monitor.
    95% of people don't need a 3080 or 3090. 95% of people don't even need the 3070.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Camaro SS
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    3070 and 3080 are great value, 3090 is just a fucking beast, will pair well with a 360 Hz monitor for some 360 FPS Fortnite game play

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Here I am gaming with my 3570K. Looking forward to a build in a few years.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    CAL
    My Ride
    GMC 1500 AT4
    Posts
    592
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Building a new PC in Oct/Nov and can't wait.
    Same. Not sure about the 3080 though as 10GB seems like it will be an issue.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,294
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chandler_Racing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same. Not sure about the 3080 though as 10GB seems like it will be an issue.
    There is a 20GB variant.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Moo Town
    My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~
    Posts
    695
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Building a new PC in Oct/Nov and can't wait.
    Feels like you just finished building one yesterday, you hooligan.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    CAL
    My Ride
    GMC 1500 AT4
    Posts
    592
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Don’t think they will have it at launch though?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,337
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Feels like you just finished building one yesterday, you hooligan.
    This machine is like... 3 years old! lol.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,294
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    95% of people don't need a 3080 or 3090. 95% of people don't even need the 3070.
    I dunno, 144Hz gaming at 1440P is very common these days and depending on the game, you currently need a 2080Ti to do that reliably or with decent settings (in some games, even a 2080Ti isn't enough for that). I personally think 3070's and 3080's will sell like hotcakes if they are putting up similar/better performance to a 2080Ti. 4K gaming is a lot less popular, but the 3090 should satisfy that crowd by the looks of things.

    I'm most curious to see if PCI 3.0 is bottle-necking any of these cards, and if so that will be yet another massive win for AMD.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    Ford F150
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Looking forward to the 3070. Budget baller gaming system
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    261
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a 20GB variant.
    I must have missed that listening to the stream.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Family Hauler
    Posts
    545
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Who wants to buy a few cheap 1070ti's off me

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    975
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who wants to buy a few cheap 1070ti's off me
    20$
    Nolan

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Al Gore's Oscar... and Presidential announcement?

    By Toma in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 02-28-2007, 12:23 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 03-28-2006, 12:06 PM
  3. Replies: 77
    Latest Threads: 09-23-2004, 11:57 AM
  4. reply to the announcement

    By [GaGe] in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Latest Threads: 01-02-2003, 11:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •