Quantcast
Asymptomatic CoVid Tests. Who's Done It? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Asymptomatic CoVid Tests. Who's Done It?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Okay, I get that. I think certain professions needed it too, like health care workers.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    What was the uptake anyway? I could never think of a reason why an individual would want to do the asymptomatic testing. It appeared to have no individual benefit.
    How else am I going to be allowed into Hawaii?

My Ride
    *The First*

What was the uptake anyway? I could never think of a reason why an individual would want to do the asymptomatic testing. It appeared to have no individual benefit.
    Good for helping paranoia of one was worried they had the dreaded asymptomatic CoVid.
    Useful for eliminating variables before visiting a higher risk person.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think appeasing hypochondriacs is a poor use of money.

How does the drumbeat of the covid lecturers go again? Just Stay Home?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Some may have been getting symptomatic tests if the had a minor symptom, but didn't want to isolate to wait for results.

On another note, my son had his 1 year immunisation shots and a common side effect is fever. He had a fever, and needed to isolate for 10 days. No Daycare for 10 days for that BS. Luckily our Dr. Realized this and gave us a note.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

That's wiggity wiggity wiggity wack.

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 377
Size:  480.7 KB

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Are those midgets or were clothes really that bad then?

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Good for helping paranoia
    How much do these tests cost? Don't think paranoia is a valid reason to get tested, especially now with flu and cold season coming up. Every sniffle and sneeze will result in massive line-ups at testing centers and lab overload, causing delays for results. This virus isn't going to kill you like the media keeps parroting, you are better off sitting at home anyway instead of waiting in line for hours.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    How much do these tests cost? Don't think paranoia is a valid reason to get tested, especially now with flu and cold season coming up. Every sniffle and sneeze will result in massive line-ups at testing centers and lab overload, causing delays for results. This virus isn't going to kill you like the media keeps parroting, you are better off sitting at home anyway instead of waiting in line for hours.
    They are still $100-$200 a shot. So with 7/10000 positive, (also the number doesn't reveal repeat customers) and probably with a better understanding, money is probably better spend on symptomatic tests.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    They are still $100-$200 a shot. So with 7/10000 positive, (also the number doesn't reveal repeat customers) and probably with a better understanding, money is probably better spend on symptomatic tests.
    Pretty sure its not that much, I swear one article said ~30$ for Alberta. (I think the US is much higher because markups yo)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Even if it’s 5 dollars it’s not a good use of money in agreggate.

fact.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

My wife and I got asymptomatic testing done before visiting her 95 year old grandma because although we would likely be fine dealing with the virus (or could have been part of the population without symptoms) her grandma most definitely would die. I thought it was a great program and gave them a ton of extra data which drove making the decision to shifting away from testing anyone to testing the at risk so I have no problem with this change. I think they said they did 230,000 tests which is a great data set.

Everyone likes to ignore the fact that this is an evolving situation where every single day were are learning more and more about the virus; recommendations are going to constantly evolve. Saying "oh you wanted everyone tested now you dont? Make up your mind" or "first you said masks didn't do anything now they do do something? Which one is it?" is completely ignoring the process of information discovery. There has never been more data collected and more research done on a global scale for anything like there has been for COVID. We need to stop acting surprised and quit getting so outraged when new information drives new decisions that sometimes may seem contradictory to previous recommendations that were put in place with the best information available at that time.

We can all agree that the situation we are in sucks dick and the overarching advice of "if you don't feel good stay home" is still just as important as ever. But this notion of testing being a bad idea in what ever capacity deemed necessary at the time is silly. More testing = more information = a better understanding of the virus = better decisions that can be made about how we can learn to live with it, or how to effectively treat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    My wife and I got asymptomatic testing done before visiting her 95 year old grandma because although we would likely be fine dealing with the virus (or could have been part of the population without symptoms) her grandma most definitely would die. I thought it was a great program and gave them a ton of extra data which drove making the decision to shifting away from testing anyone to testing the at risk so I have no problem with this change. I think they said they did 230,000 tests which is a great data set.

Everyone likes to ignore the fact that this is an evolving situation where every single day were are learning more and more about the virus; recommendations are going to constantly evolve. Saying "oh you wanted everyone tested now you dont? Make up your mind" or "first you said masks didn't do anything now they do do something? Which one is it?" is completely ignoring the process of information discovery. There has never been more data collected and more research done on a global scale for anything like there has been for COVID. We need to stop acting surprised and quit getting so outraged when new information drives new decisions that sometimes may seem contradictory to previous recommendations that were put in place with the best information available at that time.

We can all agree that the situation we are in sucks dick and the overarching advice of "if you don't feel good stay home" is still just as important as ever. But this notion of testing being a bad idea in what ever capacity deemed necessary at the time is silly. More testing = more information = a better understanding of the virus = better decisions that can be made about how we can learn to live with it, or how to effectively treat it.
    ^This!

I'm frustrated (now I'm being that guy) that they just finished rolling out pharmacy testing to make it easier than ever and now essentially cancelling. They didn't realize regular flu season was coming?? Their rationale is fine, but geez!

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

We'll have none of your logic and common sense around here good Sir!
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Bicycle

Fog of the future as explained by CGP Grey

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I had one done awhile back when someone at my friend's kid's birthday party tested positive. The nerve-wracking part is the consideration of who you have to tell if you test positive, because you don't want to be the guy that spread it to the people in your gym or office.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    . The nerve-wracking part is the consideration of who you have to tell if you test positive, because you don't want to be the guy that spread it to the people in your gym or office.
    Like a STI...

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Like a STI...
    Without the fun

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    I had one done awhile back when someone at my friend's kid's birthday party tested positive. The nerve-wracking part is the consideration of who you have to tell if you test positive, because you don't want to be the guy that spread it to the people in your gym or office.
    Shaggy - wazn me
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...irus-1.5728099

Make testing widely and easily available to everyone.
    Cancel it.
    And now Ontario is just starting pharmacy testing to alleviate the burden on their regular testing centers.
    https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/cov...ible-1.5119767

We are 10 countries loosely connected to a maple leaf during CoVid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2