Quantcast
Garage heaters...lennox vs reznor - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Garage heaters...lennox vs reznor

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Yeah I'd be worried about short-cycling a 130K unless the garage is huge. Mine is 825sqft detached and I heat it with a 30K Reznor. It runs pretty often, but that's better than short-cycling the heck out of a bigger unit IMO.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

It was $50 on Kijiji a decade ago, no complaints lol. (Also, yes my garage is bigger than yours)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

I hear ya, I'd have done a 45K if I didn't get the 30K for free. 130K is a whopper of a unit and fifty bones is a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by blubs View Post
    I went with the UDAP, Pete said that's what they sell 95% of the time. Not many go for the UDAS. That being said if you are spraying lots of paint or a ton of sawdust it might be worth having the seperate combustion.

The sizings depend on how you use it, I leave my garage at 5 deg, then turn it up when I am working in there, so its nice to have a bit of a quicker recovery. Mine is also pretty poorly insulated (2x4 walls, detached R7 insulation etc) 28x24'.

If it was me id go a 60k, but if you are attached or leaving it at a more constant temp you could probably get away with the 45 for sure. Just remember they derate them quite a bit with our altitude and only 2.8"WC. I think 60 is like 49k after derates... a 45kbtu is like 37k after derates.

In my parents oversized triple we put an 80k.... Just depending on what you want I guess. With a newer thermostat you'd struggle to get them to short cycle rapidly, unless you had it in a terrible position.
    I went UDAS but it was way more annoying to vent. Would probably just do UDAP if I did it again, but I run the hell out of it and the extra efficiency probably doesn't hurt.

My Ride
    Trucks

A single vent heater will help keep the humidity in check inside the garage. All the air sent out the flue is replaced by fresh, dry air sucked in through the doors and wall openings.

My Ride
    2021 Ram 1500

Hi, I am currently getting quotes for a garage heater and am very interested in the Reznor 60k BTU Unit. Would you mind sending me a PM for your contact at Sinclair Supplies. I live in Saskatoon but they seem to have a branch here. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blubs View Post
    Bit late to this party, but if anyone needs a deal on a Reznor throw me a PM. My company buys lots from Sinclair Supplies to the point we get pretty good pricing on them. Picked up a Reznor 60,000 the other week for 760+tax. Z Vent is pretty good pricing too, Reznor Adapter, Termination Kit, Wall Adapter, 45, and 3 sections of pipe (36", 24" and a 12") was $280ish. I think the 45kbtu was 720?

Pete the Plumber agreed to install it for 575 with all my suppled gear. So im in like $1600 bucks installed.

Nice to get good quality shit for a bit of a deal when you can. You might even be able to call them and try to ask for the "Journeyman Rate" and they might bite.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4