Quantcast
Kijiji vs Kijiji Autos for buying and selling? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kijiji vs Kijiji Autos for buying and selling?

When I bought my Honda last fall I showed up with cash after a few separate test drives...

The guy was shocked I actually had cash. My wife helped him count it on his dining room table while we filled out the paperwork.

He was worried what the bank would say when he showed up with a stack of bills.
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

My Ride
    Canyonero

Quote Originally Posted by Nufy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I bought my Honda last fall I showed up with cash after a few separate test drives...

The guy was shocked I actually had cash. My wife helped him count it on his dining room table while we filled out the paperwork.

yeah I sold a 14k car and the kid who bought it brought cash. I wasn't expecting it! I was confused until he was my server at an event a few months later. That tip money tho

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHockey13 View Post
    This is actually why I won't even bother showing a car unless we've discussed price first.
    Interesting. I'm about to put my car for sale so I've been watching ads similar to mine to figure out what it will sell for and one ad said they won't even negotiate price until you come and see the car first. I thought that made sense but so does yours for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufy View Post

When I bought my motorcycle a few years ago, I went to the bank to pull out the money (10k) in cash.

Me: Yes, I'd like to withdraw $10,000.
    Teller: Are you sure?
    Me: Yes.
    Teller: ... And what do you need this money for?
    Me: I'm buying a motorcycle.

(pulls me aside)

Teller: If you're in trouble and need help, you can tell us.
    Me: NO! Just give me the money! I'm buying a bike!

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    Interesting. I'm about to put my car for sale so I've been watching ads similar to mine to figure out what it will sell for and one ad said they won't even negotiate price until you come and see the car first. I thought that made sense but so does yours for the same reason.

When I bought my motorcycle a few years ago, I went to the bank to pull out the money (10k) in cash.

Me: Yes, I'd like to withdraw $10,000.
    Teller: Are you sure?
    Me: Yes.
    Teller: ... And what do you need this money for?
    Me: I'm buying a motorcycle.

(pulls me aside)

Teller: If you're in trouble and need help, you can tell us.
    Me: NO! Just give me the money! I'm buying a bike!
    I think he simply wanted to give you a prostate massage. I have never had this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    2 schools of thought....I used to be ok with someone coming without discussing price, then I was selling my winter beater last year and this fucking curber came to my house and tried to pressure me into taking his lowball offer.

To me it just sounds counter intuitive...why would I take time out of my day letting some cheap fuck come see my car if he's only going to offer some shit number? I always ask now, "if everything is as if I say it is in my ad, what would you be offering (ballpark figure)?"...if they respond with well I can't you a number until I see it, that's a red flag they do it for a living....I always write super detailed ads for my cars with lots of pictures. All I'm asking is "if it's exactly as I say in my ad"...give me a ballpark figure...if you still can't give me a number, chances are their intention is to pressure you with a lowball that they're too embarrassed to share beforehand.
    Last edited by JohnnyHockey13; 09-09-2020 at 06:01 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    There is a bot on there that will offer you a lowball based a percentage of your asking price.

I recommend you place your ad with a price 100% higher than what you want, and then when the bot emails you, accept its offer. See what happens next.
    Have confirmed that bots don't want my truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2