Quantcast
Pc gaming on tv - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Pc gaming on tv

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Default Pc gaming on tv

Does anyone use their pc to game on tv?? With the new xbox coming out i'm thinking about putting the money into a pc build instead with the focus being tv gaming.

There is a few games on xbox that i can't get on pc but for the most part i can get most games on pc.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

so you basically want to connect your pc to a really large screen? and use a controller?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Yep, sold the xbox years ago and built a custom gaming rig with 2 tvs - one for music off of YT/spotify and one for games. Couldnt really do this 5 years ago. Windows 10 has opened up a lot of options. Wireless gaming.

I also have a massage chair that I use in the media room but thats off to one side so I will switch the primary display to that one,

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Ya basically wireless Xbox controller and Bluetooth mouse keyboard so I can lounge on my couch. The Xbox will still be on the tv for the other games. I moved the pc to the tv today and it looked pretty good. But I need to build a better one for 4k gaming.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya basically wireless Xbox controller and Bluetooth mouse keyboard so I can lounge on my couch. The Xbox will still be on the tv for the other games. I moved the pc to the tv today and it looked pretty good. But I need to build a better one for 4k gaming.
    https://www.newegg.com/insider/couch...ming-lap-desk/

I just have the keyboard but as of 2020, the wired gmaing ones far outperform the wireless units. I can also plug in my HOTAS setup direct to the USB port on the keyboard as well.

My Ride
    Eclipse

I dont use my TV except to stream shows...

Just hook up an HDMI cable and it will work though but most TV screens are 1080 still doesnt look bad though, worked with microsoft flight simulator.

Also using a wireless xbox controller. But ya id much rather have it setup via a PC then an xbox console.

With that said im just using my monitor anyways 99% of the time to play games. i just enjoy the setup more from my chair by my desk..
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone use their pc to game on tv?? With the new xbox coming out i'm thinking about putting the money into a pc build instead with the focus being tv gaming.

There is a few games on xbox that i can't get on pc but for the most part i can get most games on pc.
    What info are you looking for?

I haven't used a computer monitor in a decade, always used TV's.

Its great, using the 65" 4k Vizio for everything. Not ideal for actual office work, but for casual use and gaming and youtube, hard to beat. I'm not a fps snob though, anything over about 50fps and I'm happy. My one buddy bitches at anything below 120fps, he's all about 144hz monitors and everything.

Only concern is color correction. I find the color output from PC to not match streamed apps and other hardware devices. You can't do dolby vision on PC (well, you CAN but its very picky and requires proper hardware spec'd).

But other than that, you can use an Xbox controller and the PC is basically an overpowered xbox. Only reason to get a console is for exclusives.