Quantcast
Personal Injury Layer Recommendation - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Personal Injury Layer Recommendation

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Default Personal Injury Layer Recommendation

Can anyone recommend a experienced personal injury lawyer (motor vehicle).
    I looked through some old threads and just wondered if there was any updated info.

How does the fee thing work here, do they operate no win no fee?

My wife was T boned a few years back and we interviewed a few lawyers, She had a broken arm and they had to put plates in there so we thought it was pretty serious. The first round of lawyers were pretty meh about it, not sure if it was due to the size of the case which they were estimating around $10-20k. We saw Clint from https://www.litwiniuk.com/lawyer-pro...lint-suntjens/ and he was the only guy who seemed to care and because he was a referral we decided to go with him. He walked us through the whole procedure and kept us in the loop with everything and because my wife had the metal plate in her arm he advised us we needed to be careful with future issues so he didnt want to settle fast. When we first met him he was estimating around the same amounts as most other lawyers so when all was said and done and my wife got a check for $52k(after his cut of 20% i think) we were beyond happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    changes every year

The Litwiniuks are my wifes family, I always recommend them for things. ^ Clint is great, Todd Litwiniuk is the go to, but may send you to Clint anyways.

I belive the fee is 32% and you don't pay until you win, its a pretty standard fee, even though its crazy high.

Good luck with it, its always shitty to have to go through this sort of thing.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

If you're willing to visit the Beyond.ca Meme Neighborhood, Duncan Law in Aspen has lots of experience doing PI work. One-lawyer firm, no getting handed off to juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    The Litwiniuks are my wifes family, I always recommend them for things. ^ Clint is great, Todd Litwiniuk is the go to, but may send you to Clint anyways.

I belive the fee is 32% and you don't pay until you win, its a pretty standard fee, even though its crazy high.

Good luck with it, its always shitty to have to go through this sort of thing.
    I had no idea the fee was that much but yeah you dont have to pay unless you win.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I went through Breeya Engel at Litwiniuk. As others have said, the fee is 1/3 of the total settlement.

I had a good experience; they knew what they were doing and did not rush into a settlement. I only met with Breeya a couple times and the rest was handled through the legal assistant, Laura.

You may balk at the fee but unless you know how much your case is even worth or more importantly, how to fight the battle, let the pros handle it.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

The fee is a sliding scale depending on how far you take it, who pays for experts, etc, etc

Short of it is if it’s not beyond a WADII, just settle it yourself. If it’s beyond that and you have a couple bucks, maybe look at actually paying the legal fees... you’ll get better help that way instead of it getting passed off to the cheap labour of a Jr. as these things take years that’s a real PITA as it could pass through enough hands to really get butchered

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    The fee is a sliding scale depending on how far you take it, who pays for experts, etc, etc

Short of it is if it’s not beyond a WADII, just settle it yourself. If it’s beyond that and you have a couple bucks, maybe look at actually paying the legal fees... you’ll get better help that way instead of it getting passed off to the cheap labour of a Jr. as these things take years that’s a real PITA as it could pass through enough hands to really get butchered
    You won't get passed to a junior at Litwiniuk. Neither Clint nor Breeya are juniors and Todd and Fred are both the sons of the retired owner, that have both been doing this for about 20 years a piece.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    You won't get passed to a junior at Litwiniuk. Neither Clint nor Breeya are juniors and Todd and Fred are both the sons of the retired owner, that have both been doing this for about 20 years a piece.
    I’ll keep that in mind on the next one... haven’t been hit by a dummy in about 7yrs now. I’m sure I’m due for another one

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Yeah, my suggestion is to spend some time and do some research to find what kind of settlement you can expect for similar types of injuries, any inconveniences it has caused (ie: loss of work/income, inability to do things around the house, etc), if the injury required rehab/surgury, and whether or not there will be chronic problems. There's actually law websites out there where you can punch in the type of injuries you have, whether or not bones were broken, etc that return a range you should be expecting in the settlement. Be sure to look for Canadian websites, or even better, Albertan.

When I was hit by a car a few years ago, I did some searching around and had an idea what the settlement range was supposed to be. The offer the insurance company gave me was very close to the upper range found in my research. I was pretty happy (and surprised) with their number and after a couple back and forths with them, accepted it. I figured if I had lawyered up, I would have ended up with about the same amount or less after the lawyers took their 1/3 so I took it.

tl;dr - lawyering up will probably get a bigger settlement, but you may not actually come out ahead after their 1/3 cut.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

What if the lawyer at the one man firm is a junior?

My Ride
    NC1

@shakalaka

Good luck Tiger!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

If it’s beyond that and you have a couple bucks, maybe look at actually paying the legal fees... you’ll get better help that way instead of it getting passed off to the cheap labour of a Jr. as these things take years that’s a real PITA as it could pass through enough hands to really get butchered
    Paying upfront for lawyer fees on a no fault case sounds crazy imo I dont even wanna know what the costs could be after hiring them for years. Like others have said, If you go with Litwiniuk you wont get a junior thats for sure. Clint was estimating our potential settlement around the 10-20k range so it was definitely no major case but he still took care of us and because of him we ended up with $52k and that was after his fee.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Thanks for the input and PM's. Much appreciated. I'l look into the names mentioned.

In short, I was rear ended while waiting to turn right last week. Nothing major damage wise on my side (vehicle). But its not the first time I have been rear ended. As you get older you feel it a hell of a lot more. Boy am I feeling it.

Just to add. When it happened, or when a accident happens in general. You dont always know how a third party who hit you will react, the shock and adrenaline etc.
    I insisted on going through insurance. Even though my side did not seem so bad and his looked worse (My car bloody still works. The thing just wont die.)

Though everything I did was done properly, ie photos, exchange insurance info, police report etc. There is always that concern even though he would be at fault. Thats natural. But in the corner of my right eye when I sat down in my car, I saw and remembered that I had a dash cam. I totally forgot about it. Not only that, I have a rear facing camera that got everything. The amount of relief I felt was pretty BIG.

The duel camera itself only cost me $20. I cannot stress enough to anyone reading this. Get a dash cam.

Dashcam should be mandatory now a days with all the crap people try to pull.

My Ride
    NC1

Damn this thread just reminded me lol I got t-boned passenger front side at a 4way in the hood about 19months ago (just me driving). Cab driver admitted to everything and he has dash cam too.

I didn't go rehab or take time off work or anything cuz well tbh I've been rocked way harder at beer league and just get back up lol now that times are tough, so can I get some monies or what?

@shakalaka what you think bro? Can you send a couple letters, have a firm talking with the other side. We both get paid and go party?

(Serious guys none of the above is made up)
    I am user #49

My Ride
    golfR

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Dashcam should be mandatory now a days with all the crap people try to pull.
    Yup.
    A couple of summers ago an Uber driver hit me while pulling out of street parking.
    Later at the police station when I was filing my statement the cop told me that the guy had a different story and that his statement said I hit him while he was parked.
    Talked to insurance and they said it's a he said/she said scenario and would be 50/50.
    Then I told my adjuster I have a dashcam and will be sending them the footage.
    Sent my footage and I was deemed 0% at fault.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    The duel camera itself only cost me $20. I cannot stress enough to anyone reading this. Get a dash cam.
    It still blows my mind how some people wait until after an accident before they're convinced to get one. What good is it going to do for you then?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by chongkee_ View Post
    Yup.
    A couple of summers ago an Uber driver hit me while pulling out of street parking.
    Later at the police station when I was filing my statement the cop told me that the guy had a different story and that his statement said I hit him while he was parked.
    Talked to insurance and they said it's a he said/she said scenario and would be 50/50.
    Then I told my adjuster I have a dashcam and will be sending them the footage.
    Sent my footage and I was deemed 0% at fault.
    What are the penalties (actual) for obviously lying on a witness statement?

What do the insurance companies do to these clowns that lie (obviously) to them?

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    What are the penalties (actual) for obviously lying on a witness statement?

What do the insurance companies do to these clowns that lie (obviously) to them?
    In this day and age where it's YOUR truth vs the truth. I suspect it gets a pass. It's simply your interpretation of what went down and as our great leader Trudeau said - 2 ppl can experience the same thing differently lol
    I am user #49

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast