Quantcast
Xbox Series S/X - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 35 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series S/X

Default Xbox Series S/X

Anyone picking up one of the new consoles?

Launch looks to be November 10th.

S - $299 US / $379 CAD
    X - $499 US / $599+ CAD - Rumour

I'm going to go with the X. Hopefully there is a good trade-in promo for the One X.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Definitely getting an X as soon as I can preorder. Would be nice if they could do an elite bundle with a new elite controller, my current elite is getting a bit worn out unfortunately.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I'm conflicted. I game so little these days, but have also never not had a console. Hard to justify, but I still want the X

My Ride
    Grimace

I'll get an X move my one x for office cod. Such a drought of games but will continue to play R6/COD/F1 etc on the new one with improved performance.
    Only thing with the S is 512gb, that seems like too small with 200gb cod.

Need to get my elite 2 fixed though, not happy of the quality for that price. If you buy make sure to get the warranty.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I don’t game nearly as much as I used to. But it’s still by a large margin the cheapest form of entertainment I have aside from mainly Netflix (which I watch on my Xbox). And graphics matter to me so X it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    I'll get an X move my one x for office cod. Such a drought of games but will continue to play R6/COD/F1 etc on the new one with improved performance.
    Only thing with the S is 512gb, that seems like too small with 200gb cod.

Need to get my elite 2 fixed though, not happy of the quality for that price. If you buy make sure to get the warranty.
    Yea I have the first gen elite and it’s been good, but my left thumb has play in it now and I have snapped off my right bumper...

A lot of hours on that controller though.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Getting the X for sure. No point saving a couple hundred bucks now if I'm going to be using it for at least the next 5+ years. Although I'm slightly tempted to switch to PS5, but since I also took advantage of the Game Pass Ultimate promo and have subscription for another 2 years, maybe I'll just stick with Xbox ...

The plastic on the left handle of my elite controller fell off the other day. Right now it's being held together with a rubber band right now. Looks so ghetto, but slightly better grip.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I don’t game nearly as much as I used to. But it’s still by a large margin the cheapest form of entertainment I have aside from mainly Netflix (which I watch on my Xbox). And graphics matter to me so X it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I have the first gen elite and it’s been good, but my left thumb has play in it now and I have snapped off my right bumper...

A lot of hours on that controller though.
    Also gamepass which I have actually used a bunch. See a new game on steam and almost buy it and then somehow they are always on gamepass.

My first gen elite has a tiny bit of stick drift which I can cancel out with deadzone in the games themselves but my elite 2 the left y-axis sensor is broken so the stick doesn't recenter but lags back so in FPS your guy keeps walking so super annoying. Warranty of course is only 90 days.

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    Getting the X for sure. No point saving a couple hundred bucks now if I'm going to be using it for at least the next 5+ years. Although I'm slightly tempted to switch to PS5, but since I also took advantage of the Game Pass Ultimate promo and have subscription for another 2 years, maybe I'll just stick with Xbox ...
    I was all gung-ho to get both systems but really the PS5 has no games coming out either so I think I am going to wait until a bunch of exclusives are out.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I picked up the Xbox One at launch (even have the "Day one" or some shit on the included controller).

The most I have used it has been in Covid as I got Game Pass Ultimate. Kid plays NBA 2K.

I was going to get a One X, but then they announce the Series X, so I'll get one of those instead. Hopefully it doesn't sit for years before being used again.

I'm worried about SSD size too with game sizes these days. You can't just plug in extra storage either so it will suck if they have a crazy markup.

I haven't had any issues with my elite except it disconnecting all the time. I'm not sure what the issue is so I use it wired now which sucks.

At least controllers are forward compatible with Xbox unlike PS.

Too bad MS stores don't exist anymore but maybe they will still have some sort of trade for old consoles.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I’m going to wait as there doesn’t seem to be much coming out for games that i play. Switching to build the pc up so I can play mount and blade 2 and flight sim. I’ll buy the x at some point probably with Forza 8 or something

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Taking the money that I'd use towards getting a Series X and applying it towards a new GPU since most(all?) of the Xbox exclusives are going to be on PC anyways.

My Ride
    Silverado

4k gaming on this now right? cost benefit is going to be huge compared to a new 4k capable gaming rig.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    4k gaming on this now right? cost benefit is going to be huge compared to a new 4k capable gaming rig.
    So what you're saying is that bitcoin miners are going to buy them all up?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Well benefit of series X/S is it plays all of the same games as the current consoles day 1 so you are just getting better graphics this year instead of waiting another year to buy the same console and play the same games.

There are no generations anymore. “Current gen” is 3 different Xbox’s with 3 different sets of capabilities. The 2020 consoles are same same, just better specs.

Basically upgrade if you want better graphics, don’t upgrade if you don’t care.

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The naming drives me nuts. Series S is a smoking deal for the same price as the current One S. Honestly at 1440p, assuming it’s going to crank out the same level of rendering and ray tracing as the Series X @ 4k, it’ll effectively look the same if you’re on a tv smaller than 60”.

Always pre order and buy regardless if you want one. It’s free bet on interest free money. Costs nothing to pre order, return period at stores, and it’s guaranteed demand > supply the first couple of months. Easy money, as long as you don’t get robbed selling one lol.

Well benefit of series X/S is it plays all of the same games as the current consoles day 1 so you are just getting better graphics this year instead of waiting another year to buy the same console and play the same games.

There are no generations anymore. “Current gen” is 3 different Xbox’s with 3 different sets of capabilities. The 2020 consoles are same same, just better specs.

Basically upgrade if you want better graphics, don’t upgrade if you don’t care.
    This is not true. Games are separated into 2 gens. While the series gen is backwards compatible. At some point games will only work for the series machines.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The naming drives me nuts. Series S is a smoking deal for the same price as the current One S. Honestly at 1440p, assuming it’s going to crank out the same level of rendering and ray tracing as the Series X @ 4k, it’ll effectively look the same if you’re on a tv smaller than 60”.

Always pre order and buy regardless if you want one. It’s free bet on interest free money. Costs nothing to pre order, return period at stores, and it’s guaranteed demand > supply the first couple of months. Easy money, as long as you don’t get robbed selling one lol.

This is not true. Games are separated into 2 gens. While the series gen is backwards compatible. At some point games will only work for the series machines.
    It’s effectively true, the whole thing is a soft transition. Individual developers can choose not to enable games on the old consoles but there isn’t much incentive in that considering they just have to dial down the graphics for the older hardware. There is no practical difference between this and PC games with true minimum system requirements.

fact.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The naming drives me nuts.
    It's fucking confusing especially when they are using "S" and "X" for the "current" gen. Really the new gen is called "Series" as you pointed out.

I'll likely pre-order 2-3 in hopes of selling 1 or 2 to pay for the one I keep. lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It’s effectively true, the whole thing is a soft transition. Individual developers can choose not to enable games on the old consoles but there isn’t much incentive in that considering they just have to dial down the graphics for the older hardware. There is no practical difference between this and PC games with true minimum system requirements.
    Sure, but there will come a point, probably within a year, where developers won't be making games for the Xbox One and just for the Xbox Series. From a consumer perspective, it's definitely a generation jump. From a hardware perspective, you're right, it's not (to a degree), basically you get to skimp out on optimization and testing on Xbox One.

I'd love to be wrong about that, as I have 3 One X's that I'd need to upgrade over time. Probably Series S for the kids TV's and Series X for my personal machine.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    It's fucking confusing especially when they are using "S" and "X" for the "current" gen. Really the new gen is called "Series" as you pointed out.
    Current Gen - One S, One X.
    Next Gen - Series S, Series X.

Problem is not everyone is referring to it this way. Just because we get it, it's a PITA to talk to others that don't haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think if you are a casual console brainer these console generations are a no brainer pickup.

I got a ton of use out of my X, 3 full years of solid usage. 200 bucks a year for console budget is pretty easy to spend.

fact.

Pre-orders start Sept 22nd and it looks like $499 US is confirmed for the X.

You can pay for it monthly in Canada now too through EB Games. EA Play will be included with gamepass as well.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/...g-november-10/

Page 1 of 35 1 2 11 ... LastLast