Quantcast
Xbox Series S/X - Page 27 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Series S/X

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

How come the Covid-19 alarmists aren't calling for scalpers to be arrested? They are basically taking safe online sales and turning them into potentially infectious in-person cash deals.

I also love how this gwill turd seems to be facing a moral dilemma so he keeps telling himself and everyone else that it's not his fault he is buying all the consoles, it's the retailers that are making him do it. Nah dude youre a POS plain and simple.
    Last edited by tcon; 11-20-2020 at 11:08 PM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

S is in stock at SDM if anyone is looking

https://shop.shoppersdrugmart.ca/Sho...e=889842651317
    Sig nuked by mod.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have nothing against scalping. Supply and demand. Everyone with decent credit card can do it. Supply was fine, most of us that wanted them got them without issues, just a little bit of extra work to get it. Most of us ended up with multiple units without using bots. If poor mom doesn’t do her homework and expects to walk into any store with tons of stock to buy one, she’s lazy and deserves to make gwill money.

Even PS5s tighter supply and demand had no issues for me. Multiple times I was able to get a PS5 and turned it down because I wanted digital.

There’s risk for gwill too. All it takes is one bad transaction to wipe out a lot of his gains. I hope he doesn’t get robbed at gunpoint, but if he did, some old posts might be hilarious.
    I'm betting no one will call you scum for having this opinion. Karenmos wouldn't want to not be a suckup lol.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Having an opinion is different than doing it

I’ve heard enough stories about shit he’s done to know he’s greasy AF
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

I’ve heard enough stories about shit he’s done to know he’s greasy AF
    Like what? Share!

Name:  3059_135068129530.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  80.8 KB

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Ok, I got mine hooked up via Ethernet to download some more Gamepass stuff. No improvement on the speeds. Stuck around 200Mb/s.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just glanced at it and it jumped all the way up to 550Mb/s.
    Last edited by 16hypen3sp; 11-21-2020 at 12:13 PM.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

I would bet most people on this forum have taken advantage of a situation/opportunity to pad their pockets - the difference being that gwill boasts about it. I know for sure that I have gained financially in the past by essentially recognizing good future resale value in an item, purchasing extra quantities of said item and turning around and making some profit at a later point. If that makes me scum then so be it but the puchasers of said items certainly didn't seem butt hurt and being a relatively free society allows the purchaser to walk away and purchase elsewhere if they so wish.

Even right now, my wife has a certain item that she sells regularly on certain marketplaces - yeah, we have people who figure we're asking too much but at the same time they're more than welcome to take their business elsewhere - if you want to buy from us then the price is what is posted. Your not purchasing from us does not hurt us as we have both many new and repeat customers and you really are not all that special that you should deserve better pricing. The fact remains that we've kind cornered a niche market and there isn't a Karen or Chad out there that is enough of a special butterfly to warrant kid glove pricing.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    I would bet most people on this forum have taken advantage of a situation/opportunity to pad their pockets - the difference being that gwill boasts about it. I know for sure that I have gained financially in the past by essentially recognizing good future resale value in an item, purchasing extra quantities of said item and turning around and making some profit at a later point. If that makes me scum then so be it but the puchasers of said items certainly didn't seem butt hurt and being a relatively free society allows the purchaser to walk away and purchase elsewhere if they so wish.

Even right now, my wife has a certain item that she sells regularly on certain marketplaces - yeah, we have people who figure we're asking too much but at the same time they're more than welcome to take their business elsewhere - if you want to buy from us then the price is what is posted. Your not purchasing from us does not hurt us as we have both many new and repeat customers and you really are not all that special that you should deserve better pricing. The fact remains that we've kind cornered a niche market and there isn't a Karen or Chad out there that is enough of a special butterfly to warrant kid glove pricing.
    There's a difference in your statement

He's complaining that when they become available there's no announcement so that the mom can buy one for her kid, yet he continually buys as many as he can so that said mom has less opportunity to buy for said kid

then boasts about how many and his CC being shut down and how much he's making from each sale

It's the double standard and boasting that are annoying most people, not the actual fact that he's trying to make additional money
    Last edited by adam c; 11-21-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Is it still bad to hoard and resell Flames tickets? I suspect that they will go fast now that the Canucks are here.

How much is gwill making off this?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    There's a difference in your statement

He's complaining that when they become available there's no announcement so that the mom can buy one for her kid, yet he continually buys as many as he can so that said mom has less opportunity to buy for said kid

then boasts about how many and his CC being shut down and how much he's making from each sale

It's the double standard and boasting that are annoying most people, not the actual fact that he's trying to make additional money
    The Mom thing doesn't bear out, she has just as much opportunity to go into said stores as he does and if affordability is an issue then maybe Mom should be re-examining her priorities. It's the boasting that's really irking people - if gwill had kept their trap shut then no one would've been the wiser and no one would've got their knickers in a knot. Hell, I've sourced things for free and turned around and sold them for a tidy profit and I would daresay that there's at least a few beyond members who've scored a good deal on a vehicle, cleaned it up a bit and turned around in short order and sold it for a tidy profit - they just don't boast about it. gwill is who they are and at some point karma will most likely bite them in the ass - most of us though have a bit more class.

My Ride
    Axis powers

The Mom thing doesn't bear out, she has just as much opportunity to go into said stores as he does and if affordability is an issue then maybe Mom should be re-examining her priorities. It's the boasting that's really irking people - if gwill had kept their trap shut then no one would've been the wiser and no one would've got their knickers in a knot. Hell, I've sourced things for free and turned around and sold them for a tidy profit and I would daresay that there's at least a few beyond members who've scored a good deal on a vehicle, cleaned it up a bit and turned around in short order and sold it for a tidy profit - they just don't boast about it. gwill is who they are and at some point karma will most likely bite them in the ass - most of us though have a bit more class.
    This is his exact statement, is he actually upset that the mom couldn’t buy one or he didn’t get notified so he could buy as many more as he could

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    xbox went live on ebgames. They were kind enough to inform people so of course their website was jammed. Bestbuy then dropped thousands of consoles for sale with no warning.

In case anyone's still upset at resellers the vast majority of retailers are doing nothing to inform the public of upcoming sales on consoles. The poor mom trying to get a console for her kid for christmas didn't even get a chance to buy from Best buy today.

I'm curious to see how many of my orders go through from today.

Also just an fyi for those looking at consoles sold through microsoft direct it now says arriving dec 29th or later. It doest seem like a great choice for those who want a Christmas gift.
    Sig nuked by mod.

This is his exact statement, is he actually upset that the mom couldn’t buy one or he didn’t get notified so he could buy as many more as he could
    There was nothing stopping her from physically going into tge store.

My Ride

Just the liberuh maskers sir.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

@speedog , I'm a bit surprised you would take that kind of stance considering it's not hard to see the difference between the various examples. The only similar examples I can think of that falls in the same level of annoying is like when that guy bought all the hand sanitizer and tried to mark it up, or when dealerships try to sell for much more than MSRP.

Give me an example that you would do something similar and it's related to bragging that is the issue, not the act itself. I am sure you will understand the difference. I don't get the comment about "no one would be upset if the person kept their mouth shut". Well no shit? Lol. If I murdered someone and no one knew, no one would think of anything either.

I don't really give a shit what anyone tries to scalp, but I do admit it is annoying and something I would never do.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 11-21-2020 at 02:05 PM.

My Ride

I guess I shouldn't talk as I scalp stonks all day until I max out Mom's credit cards.

Thread splittin' mod is asleep.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 11-21-2020 at 02:15 PM.

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

I think there's a huge difference between selling a product at a little higher price when other options are available, versus literally buying up the only available stock to create artificial demand then gouging with +50% price increases. I mean it's one thing to buy 1 or 2 extra because of the pre order issues or w/e was going on, but people trying to make a business out of this are pissing on all of our faces because they're making tax-free income, can you really be happy for these people?

My Ride
    Axis powers

The fact it's being released for sale only online in these latest instances is a pretty big factor

I posted a link late last night about SDM selling Xbox S, all the stores were closed how would someone go there and buy it?
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride

The fact it's being released for sale only online in these latest instances is a pretty big factor

I posted a link late last night about SDM selling Xbox S, all the stores were closed how would someone go there and buy it?
    Buy it at Costco? Oh wait...you don't have a membership.

- - - Updated - - -

My useless option: scalping artificially increases prices and is no good - like the Edmonton McDavids. You have basically inserted a middle scum for no added value to the consumer.

My Ride
    Silverado

I think i hate scalpers because of ticket resales. Fucking cunts and bots buying tickets for events all over.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Buy it at Costco? Oh wait...you don't have a membership.

- - - Updated - - -

My useless option: scalping artificially increases prices and is no good - like the Edmonton McDavids. You have basically inserted a middle scum for no added value to the consumer.
    Damn dude low blow
    Sig nuked by mod.

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 ... LastLast