Quantcast
Official Karen Thread - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Karen Thread

My Ride
    ute

You guys are super nice. To me, she just looks like a raging moron that had probably built up years of moron karma with similar behaviour and attitudes.

She knew she was being recorded, she looked like she even relished it. Why should she be embarrassed about her view point now?

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

I don't know the full story, but I doubt that she simply started yelling at people who were wearing masks, I'm guessing it was the opposite. On that note, when the bylaw came into place this was the city's stance:

But city officials said they won’t expect businesses to police mask-wearing or deny service to people who aren’t wearing a face covering. They also said they don’t plan to use widespread enforcement and punish people without a face covering.

So who's the real Karen? In my mind, it's people that called her out and bullied her. If you have a concern, call by-law enforcement, don't be a Karen and try to police people yourself.

Additionally from the city website:

What are the exceptions?
    Exceptions to the face coverings bylaw include:

Children under 2 years of age
    People with underlying medical conditions or disabilities inhibiting their ability to wear a face covering
    People who are unable to place, use or remove a face covering safely without assistance
    People who are eating or drinking at a public premises that offers food or beverage services
    People engaging in an athletic or fitness activity
    People who are caregiving for or accompanying a person with a disability where wearing a face covering would hinder the accommodation of the person’s disability (for example, the ability to lip read)
    People who have temporarily removed their face covering where doing so is necessary to provide or receive a service (for example, a visit to the dentist)
    Please note: Proof is not required if someone has an exception. Businesses are also not expected to deny services as not everyone is required to wear a face covering.
    Last edited by 90_Shelby; 09-16-2020 at 08:58 AM.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know the full story, but I doubt that she simply started yelling at people who were wearing masks, I'm guessing it was the opposite. On that note, when the bylaw came into place this was the city's stance:

But city officials said they won’t expect businesses to police mask-wearing or deny service to people who aren’t wearing a face covering. They also said they don’t plan to use widespread enforcement and punish people without a face covering.

So who's the real Karen? In my mind, it's people that called her out and bullied her. If you have a concern, call by-law enforcement, don't be a Karen and try to police people yourself.
    vigilantly justice!

Personally, her view on masks is fine with me. What I don't understand is her belief that no one is sick. Maybe she believes the earth is flat too?

I agree sometimes these things are a bit unwarranted and are definitely bullying, but in this case it looks like this lady was flipping out at staff. These people make $15 an hour and don't deserve that kind of bullshit from the neighbourhood Karen.

If you want to make your point then do it somewhere more appropriate, don't take it out on the staff at a retail store. If you want to do that then this is the risk you are taking...everyone should know that in 2020 you have a 99% chance of being recorded and internet-shamed.
    Last edited by sabad66; 09-16-2020 at 09:03 AM.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    I agree sometimes these things are a bit unwarranted and are definitely bullying, but in this case it looks like this lady was flipping out at staff. These people make $15 an hour and don't deserve that kind of bullshit from the neighbourhood Karen.

If you want to make your point then do it somewhere more appropriate, don't take it out on the staff at a retail store. If you want to do that then this is the risk you are taking...everyone should know that in 2020 you have a 99% chance of being recorded and internet-shamed.
    Yup!!

We all have stuff to deal with and taking it out on retail workers ??? Not much sympathy from me on the latter
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I have some super masks for sale, guaranteed to give you the same big dick energy as you see in the video.

Get your super masks now!

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    .everyone should know that in 2020 you have a 99% chance of being recorded and internet-shamed.
    This is what our society has come to now isn't it, recording every facet of your life. It's like people going to live concerts and staring at a 6" screen. No one lives in the moment anymore, everything is captured digitally.

Not sure what I'd do in that moment, probably grab the persons phone and smash it on the ground. Then again, I don't have time for public outbursts at minimum wage employees. Got more improtant things to worry about, like fixing that naggin CEL or working on my golf game. What's the charge for breaking someones phone, minor mischief....if they can catch you? I'd take my chances on that then be plastered on the internet forever.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Those things were a little funnier before but people, a lot of people, are getting serious mental breakdowns/issues as this shit drags on so the humour in it has lost its earlier luster to me.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Yup!!

We all have stuff to deal with and taking it out on retail workers ??? Not much sympathy from me on the latter
    Jan Walsh was being a bully and now she is going to get bullied back.
    How many great fictional stories have this theme as their cornerstone? It's human nature to crave that the classic bully gets their comeuppance.

Action, meet Consequence. Demonstrate accountability.

Now, I'm in no way saying people should protest outside her house or that she should lose her job. But, to get off with a mulligan "because sad because CoVid" is the same slippery slope that lets the Greyhound bus massacre guy skirt a lot of responsibility for murder and cannibalism.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/com...eb2x&context=3

Morticia_69
    I've dealt with this idiot before, she thinks she's so entiled its disgusting. She is most definitely in her own little world

Kunning-Druger
    Where have you met her previously, in that same store? Is her behaviour always bad?

Morticia_69
    No when I worked done by Chinook. Thirft store. She would come in before close And stay late and always pretend she didn't know we were closing etc. Its always bad yes

blasphemicassault
    A friend used to work in Chinook and this lady would come by all the time and cause hell, pretend she didn't know they were closing, pick up things and leave them all over the store - purposefully making a huge mess then saying "its your job to clean up after me!".

miumiu27
    Omg what an awful person. Sounds like she has serious mental issues.

Morticia_69
    She is unfortunately

miumiu27
    From all the info above, this person likes to cause trouble and enjoy terrorizing others! What a sad person and i feel bad for the people she terrorizes. Clearly selfish, entitled and mentally unstable. If her friends or family read this, i hope they get her the help that's needed for the sake of others.

Morticia_69
    Exactly! She would be like oh you wanna go home don't you?! Ya we closed 10 mins ago bitch
    This woman sounds like a fucking cow.

That said, a lot of you are overlooking the important thing and that is she's probably wild in the sack and into all kinds of weird, unconventional means of pleasure cause she refuses to follow status quo.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    But, to get off with a mulligan "because sad because CoVid" is the same slippery slope that lets the Greyhound bus massacre guy skirt a lot of responsibility for murder and cannibalism.
    Bit of a stretch.....

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    This woman sounds like a fucking cow.
    Well if she's a serial cunt that's obviously no good but, did the filmer/poster know that at the time? Could be a timely case of karma coming around or could just be a case of me turning into a pussy. Fuck. Is this my mid-life crisis? Attempted compassion and touchy feely bullshit occasionally? Why couldn't I just get a convertible like a normal douchebag
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Bit of a stretch.....

Well if she's a serial cunt that's obviously no good but, did the filmer/poster know that at the time? Could be a timely case of karma coming around or could just be a case of me turning into a pussy. Fuck. Is this my mid-life crisis? Attempted compassion and touchy feely bullshit occasionally? Why couldn't I just get a convertible like a normal douchebag
    lol wassup man? something got you in the feels? it's okay bro, lean into those feels, feel those feels and you'll feel much better but it's also important to talk about it, don't bottle up inside okay homie. e-hugs.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    You guys are super nice. To me, she just looks like a raging moron that had probably built up years of moron karma with similar behaviour and attitudes.

She knew she was being recorded, she looked like she even relished it. Why should she be embarrassed about her view point now?
    My opinion has nothing to do with this specific lady. She could be the biggest twat in the world for all I care. I am more annoyed at how people are becoming and how our society is going. Just my opinion of course and I don’t expect most, or even many, to agree. We are becoming a world full of Karen’s, just approaching it in different ways, and if their Karen doesn’t agree with my Karen then all he’ll breaks loose.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

People just love being petty children, internet relative anonymity just enables this character flaw

That said I found fabricland Karen and the car picture follow up to be hilarious.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    lol wassup man? something got you in the feels? it's okay bro, lean into those feels, feel those feels and you'll feel much better but it's also important to talk about it, don't bottle up inside okay homie. e-hugs.
    Create the love Mad Max!
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    That said, a lot of you are overlooking the important thing and that is she's probably wild in the sack and into all kinds of weird, unconventional means of pleasure cause she refuses to follow status quo.
    So what you're saying is that you'd definitely tap that coffee enema, anal bead lovin', cheddar butt mama?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The cat pic works for me. I'd hit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    I agree with you bud... 100%. The shitty thing is that this is what is considered "entertainment" today. People enjoy laughing at others who snap. Wallowing in others peoples misery and bad times to make yourself feel better is just sad at the best of times, but now with social media and the like, being able to do it publicly is even worse. This is not in defence of the content of her rant in the slightest, but more how we are becoming as a society. It just isn't right. I think this is the kind of thing that makes it worse, not better.
    Anytime I see one of these videos I wonder how long the person waited to upload it - like "OMG I'm so uploading this to reddit right away, I'm gonna get all the upvotes and everyone will praise my heroism." People will literally burn down a strangers world just to get some internet points.

We don't know what that lady's day or week or year has been like, we don't know her story, all we know is we got her at a bad time and now the whole world has seen her at her worst and people are applauding it as if the uploader is some kind of hero. Fuck that shit. Karen is dumb for blowing up like that but the uploader is the real piece of shit in (most of) these situations. Zero empathy, its all about me me me.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    Anytime I see one of these videos I wonder how long the person waited to upload it - like "OMG I'm so uploading this to reddit right away, I'm gonna get all the upvotes and everyone will praise my heroism." People will literally burn down a strangers world just to get some internet points.

We don't know what that lady's day or week or year has been like, we don't know her story, all we know is we got her at a bad time and now the whole world has seen her at her worst and people are applauding it as if the uploader is some kind of hero. Fuck that shit. Karen is dumb for blowing up like that but the uploader is the real piece of shit in (most of) these situations. Zero empathy, its all about me me me.

I somewhat agree with this.

That being said, you are being generous assuming this was her “worst”. What if that’s just who she is? And whether or not it’s her at her worst, or just an average cunty day, anyone dumb enough to see they’re being recorded and respond by continuing to fly off the handle kind of gets what they deserve.

If I was being a belligerent asshole, the instant I saw someone pull out a phone and start recording is the instant I’d shut up and walk away.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    If I was being a belligerent asshole, the instant I saw someone pull out a phone and start recording is the instant I’d shut up and walk away.
    This is why she gets props for sticking to her guns. I mean, if you're going to be an asshole, own it.
    If she is regretful of her actions later because the girl uploaded it online, then she shouldn't have flipped out so hard on camera.

It's like if someone was a huge jerk on the road and ended up getting pulled over by a cop or gets into an accident. If their reaction was "wow, I deserved that", then you don't hate them as much than if they played the victim card.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast