Quantcast
Racing Simulator Setup - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing Simulator Setup

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’d strongly recommend trying before buying when it comes to VR. Both A2VR6 and I jumped in head first with HP Reverb G2 VR headsets and reasonably powerful PC’s and quickly made the switch to triple monitors. Haven’t looked back since.
    I’ve been ruined by the PSVR2, it looks so incredibly immersive and grand that it makes a two dimensional screen seem so flat and boring. I don’t see myself playing on a monitor again to be honest. There is an argument to be made for triples for sure though.

PD also nailed the ambiance in the virtual showrooms, I can spend hours drooling over all the eye candy.

Edit: I know you’re on iRacing exclusively, triples are probably a better option for that use case as there are a lot of different things you need to monitor while playing which is harder in VR.

For a casual such as myself I prefer GT7 because of the graphics, vibe, nostalgia and immersion PSVR2 offers.
    Last edited by Ukyo8; 02-25-2023 at 05:35 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The HDR with the psvr2 is chefs kiss.

That said I still can’t stop drumming and that game has the worst graphics hahaha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Varjo Aero is the VR headset you want for a gaming PC - the Reverb G2 was good in its day, and still is, but the Aero is next level. It also costs $2500++ CAD after shipping/duty/etc and the tracking boxes. IMO you need a 4090 spec'd system to run it as well, but I got away with a 3090 for a while.

That said, I find there are things about VR that bug me still, and I fully understand those recommending going to triple screen/whatever solutions instead, as I jump back and forth myself still. I've only tried a couple driving sims, F1 being one of them, with the Aero, as I mainly do flying and combat simulations with my VR setup.

I don't run consoles atm, but I'd be interested in comparing the Playstation 5 and their VR setup with the Reverb and Aero.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Varjo Aero is the VR headset you want for a gaming PC - the Reverb G2 was good in its day, and still is, but the Aero is next level. It also costs $2500++ CAD after shipping/duty/etc and the tracking boxes. IMO you need a 4090 spec'd system to run it as well, but I got away with a 3090 for a while.

That said, I find there are things about VR that bug me still, and I fully understand those recommending going to triple screen/whatever solutions instead, as I jump back and forth myself still. I've only tried a couple driving sims, F1 being one of them, with the Aero, as I mainly do flying and combat simulations with my VR setup.

I don't run consoles atm, but I'd be interested in comparing the Playstation 5 and their VR setup with the Reverb and Aero.
    Check out this article on this exact topic
    https://mixed-news.com/en/playstatio...3090-ti/?amp=1

The eye tracking and foveated rendering are a game changer in the type of hardware you need to get awesome performance in VR.
    The foveated rendering is completely undetectable when you have the headset on.

My Aero PC headset has eye tracking and foveated rendering as well, I didn't know that the PS VR did though. Interesting, especially for the price.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

anyone lose a pin out of their fanatec wheel before?? had one get break off in the base off my mclaren wheel.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    anyone lose a pin out of their fanatec wheel before?? had one get break off in the base off my mclaren wheel.
    No, no issues with my mclaren wheel after a few years. If you want to borrow another Fanatec wheel while you rma yours let me know.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I have a Clubsport, so I’ll be ok thanks. So many great wheels to choose from, wish I had a lot of them.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Looks like I'm gonna throw a few dollars into this, been doing a ton of reading and so far I'm thinking the NLR F-gt lite and either G29 or the T300. Lined up with our ps4 I think this should be a good start?

Also would like to buy used, not really worried about a used chair, but the wheel/pedals might be another story?

Thoughts?
    Cereal Killer.
    @iambrianspilner

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

I shak'd it up.

Purchased thus, decided to go brand new.

Name:  Screenshot_20230325_204945_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  75.1 KB
    Cereal Killer.
    @iambrianspilner

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by B.Spilner View Post
    I shak'd it up.

Purchased thus, decided to go brand new.

Name:  Screenshot_20230325_204945_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  75.1 KB
    That’s my setup at home, minus the gear shifter.

The F-GT light doesn’t have great support for lower back, and asses tend to numb around 20-30 minutes.

It’s not bad for the price, though.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Welp.... found a super duper deal and sent everything else back. T300 and Gran Turismo playseat for $500. And threw in some weird xbox.

Name:  20230328_192905.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  370.4 KB

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    That’s my setup at home, minus the gear shifter.

The F-GT light doesn’t have great support for lower back, and asses tend to numb around 20-30 minutes.

It’s not bad for the price, though.
    Oddly enough Amazon couldn't deliver it today. Saved me a return lol
    Cereal Killer.
    @iambrianspilner

My Ride
    Blue boy

Thinking of getting into this but don't want spend all that money and not commit

I'm selling my G29, is anyone interested? Used for a handful of times and still in really good condition. Will let it go for $320
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Quote Originally Posted by G-ZUS View Post
    Thinking of getting into this but don't want spend all that money and not commit
    I flipped a couple G27/Playseat combos back in 2021 without issue. They were fun and a great intro to sim racing.

Then I went full send on a DD1/Simetik setup and enjoyed it for about a year. Sold it for $10k with my PC to a guy getting his daughter into F1 - but that took a little longer.

Don't be too concerned about selling your kit if you don't end up liking it. Especially if you purchase something used for a good price, you probably won't lose much on your investment.

I'll get back into Sim Racing once motion rigs are competent and more affordable.

FWIW, I mainly used VR (valve index). I thought it was great and the feeling of checking mirrors/looking around the cabin of whatever car you're simulating was awesome.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

My wheel came back today from fanatec, I appreciate that they fixed it but there has been zero communication with them since I sent it. Maybe I like to know what part was replaced, but I suppose I don’t really need to know.

Under 1 month turn around I’m happy about that, actually forgot it was gone.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by G-ZUS View Post
    It's a shame that the Race Room closed down, but you could go check out TracksVR. Spend a few hours on their sims, see if it's something you enjoy before committing. But like zipdoa said, sim racing equipment seems to do a reasonably good job of holding it's value.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Got gt7 working with vr and tried to setup my fanatec setup only to find the club sport wheel base v2 is too old. Guess I’ll be selling that along with the shifter setup to get a new base. Works great on Xbox and pc

Gt7 in vr is crazy, not sure if it’s something I want to always do though.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Got a G923 for the xbox as a random midnight purchase a few days ago, and now I need an ultra compact racing wheel stand as I have very limited space in the basement. What's a good foldable stand worth looking at?

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    Got a G923 for the xbox as a random midnight purchase a few days ago, and now I need an ultra compact racing wheel stand as I have very limited space in the basement. What's a good foldable stand worth looking at?
    I have a playseat challenge which is quite good for that wheel (I used G920). Now that I upgraded wheels though it is not so good for direct drive.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast