Quantcast
TonyTigers PC Build - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 121

Thread: TonyTigers PC Build

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,301
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Ryzen 5000 announcement is today at 10AM. Hoping for at least confirmation they will be adding a 16core SKU later like with the 3000 series.

    19% IPC gain over Zen2, and 24% performance per watt uplift, nice.

    5900X 12 core part will boost to 4.8Ghz and TDP is 105W.

    5950X 16 core part 4.9 Ghz, 72MB cache, 105W.

    I imagine a 5Ghz all core OC will be easy, but we will see.

    Looks like they set a new single core Cinebench record as well for stock CPUs.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-08-2020 at 10:31 AM.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Not Aspen
    My Ride
    ferd furkus rs
    Posts
    3,576
    Rep Power
    11

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    976
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    5800x is such a awkward price point but I know they're doing it to try and profit more off it over the others.

    5800x is 150$ more than a 5600x for 2 addditional cores but also the 5800x doesn't come with a cpu cooler while the 5600x does, so another 50$ for that.

    500 USD for 8 cores vs 300$ for 6 cores is hard to justify the value. I wanted to go 5800x but...thats just so little return for a hefty bump (espcially once it becomes CAD). Meanwhile the 100$ bump to the 5900x gets you 4 more cores ... such weird choice of price.
    Nolan

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    CAL
    My Ride
    GMC 1500 AT4
    Posts
    592
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    ^ Agreed. Was expecting them to slot something in the middle of the 5600 and 5800 and then they announced a 5950...

    That said for the CPU intensive games (league of legends, CS:GO, etc.) pretty impressive uplift over the 10900.

    Might finally make sense to buy AMD for gaming.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,301
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    5800x is such a awkward price point but I know they're doing it to try and profit more off it over the others.

    5800x is 150$ more than a 5600x for 2 addditional cores but also the 5800x doesn't come with a cpu cooler while the 5600x does, so another 50$ for that.

    500 USD for 8 cores vs 300$ for 6 cores is hard to justify the value. I wanted to go 5800x but...thats just so little return for a hefty bump (espcially once it becomes CAD). Meanwhile the 100$ bump to the 5900x gets you 4 more cores ... such weird choice of price.

    None of the 105W parts are getting coolers this time around because AMD's market research revealed that virtually nobody was using them. Makes sense for the enthusiast chips I think.

    5600X and 5900X (or future 5700) will be the best value entry points overall IMO.

    I have a 5950X on pre-order, looks to be everything I was hoping it would be.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chandler_Racing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Might finally make sense to buy AMD for gaming.
    Above 720P/1080P, AMD was often the better choice even within the 3XXX series, depending on the specific title and resolution. The performance variances were usually in the single digits between AMD and Intel, only you got all the other benefits of the extra cores for everything else. The 5XXX series should hopefully make it the obvious choice across the board for gaming and AMD has been the clear winner for workstation/productivity for at least a couple years now.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-08-2020 at 01:35 PM.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    976
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    None of the 105W parts are getting coolers this time around because AMD's market research revealed that virtually nobody was using them. Makes sense for the enthusiast chips I think.

    5600X and 5900X (or future 5700) will be the best value entry points overall IMO.

    I have a 5950X on pre-order, looks to be everything I was hoping it would be.
    Yeah, I know why they did it, but the fact that the 5800x price isn't midway between the 5900x and 5600x is pretty disappointing. It has the worst $/core value of all the processors. Though still better value than intel chips.

    Where did you pre-order from? I want a 5600x asap.
    Nolan

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,301
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I know why they did it, but the fact that the 5800x price isn't midway between the 5900x and 5600x is pretty disappointing. It has the worst $/core value of all the processors. Though still better value than intel chips.

    Where did you pre-order from? I want a 5600x asap.
    Pricing will probably even out a bit after the early adopters have a go at it. I wonder if they think the 5800X will be the top seller, so they made it a bit more expensive. To your point though, the value is so much better than Intel they can kind of do whatever they want.

    I just called memory express when they opened at 11 and they put my name on a list but didn't have any official pre-order available until they get the SKUs from AMD.

    USA availability is Nov 5 so I am hoping for later that month in Canada.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    976
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pricing will probably even out a bit after the early adopters have a go at it. I wonder if they think the 5800X will be the top seller, so they made it a bit more expensive. To your point though, the value is so much better than Intel they can kind of do whatever they want.

    I just called memory express when they opened at 11 and they put my name on a list but didn't have any official pre-order available until they get the SKUs from AMD.

    USA availability is Nov 5 so I am hoping for later that month in Canada.
    Yeah 5800x was definitely going to be the popular choice but this might push people to the 5600x instead I'd guess. At least it is for me.
    Nolan

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,301
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah 5800x was definitely going to be the popular choice but this might push people to the 5600x instead I'd guess. At least it is for me.
    If your games are primarily single threaded, the 5600X will be plenty if you don't do much else with the PC. If you want to get into MS Flight Simulator or something, start saving for a 5950X lol.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    976
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If your games are primarily single threaded, the 5600X will be plenty if you don't do much else with the PC. If you want to get into MS Flight Simulator or something, start saving for a 5950X lol.
    Coming from a 6600k anything will be a upgrade. We'll see what CAD price brings but I only have a 1070 so I don't think even a 3900x would be worth it.
    Nolan

  11. #91
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    $129.99 for 2x16 (3200) seems like a good deal.
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08GGYMP73/..._v8QGFbVMBW7JB

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    976
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    $129.99 for 2x16 (3200) seems like a good deal.
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08GGYMP73/..._v8QGFbVMBW7JB
    Shows 149 now
    Nolan

  13. #93
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shows 149 now
    clip the $20 coupon, fine sir.

    One begins to wonder if TonyTiger is really building a PC.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    8,870
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Wait till you find out that his name isn't even Tony.

  15. #95
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait till you find out that his name isn't even Tony.
    So he's a tiger? max_boost did make mention of tigers on beyond.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    976
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he's a tiger? max_boost did make mention of tigers on beyond.
    He's a Tony named Tiger, duh
    Nolan

  17. #97
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    Here you go Tiger Tony. Ryzen 7 3800X for $397.
    For the PC that you are never going to build.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 10-13-2020 at 08:22 AM.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,301
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    $129.99 for 2x16 (3200) seems like a good deal.
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08GGYMP73/..._v8QGFbVMBW7JB
    Timings are pretty bad which is likely why it's cheap. With Ryzen you want either CL14 3200Mhz or 3600MHz CL16 for best performance/dollar. Almost all the X570 mobos have a daisy chain DIMM setup as well so 2 sticks is usually best.

    Something like this:

    https://www.canadacomputers.com/prod...item_id=105222

    Or this:

    https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX80360

    Ryzen 5000 has the same memory controller as well so the same should apply.

    If you need 32GB though and are on a budget then more RAM still trumps speed.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-13-2020 at 09:08 AM.

  19. #99
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    That's mo' money for the 7.2 crowd sir.
    Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 Desktop Memory - Black for $180 today

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Eclipse
    Posts
    1,655
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's mo' money for the 7.2 crowd sir.
    Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 Desktop Memory - Black for $180 today
    I purchased it for $194 i think at memx before.

    Anyways the Ryzen 7 3800X 8-core is on sale for $396.99 from $491.

    Is it worth picking it up, I really don't want to wait another month for the new models and I don't need top of the line, will the 5000 processors really be worth the wait..

    I guess this one can be compared to the 5600x?

    Think i'm just going to buy it today, is it worth the money?


    https://nanoreview.net/en/cpu-compar...-ryzen-5-5600x

    With that said best motherboard to go with it?

    MSI B450 Tomahack MAX ?
    Last edited by Kobe; 10-13-2020 at 11:21 AM.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pre build or build out a pc? Need to upgrade my home desktop

    By cycosis in forum Computer Help Desk
    Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 02-28-2020, 01:16 PM
  2. Replies: 87
    Latest Threads: 09-25-2017, 12:10 PM
  3. Anyone build model cars on here?

    By 180882 in forum General
    Replies: 28
    Latest Threads: 01-16-2003, 05:40 PM
  4. Build Quality

    By Weapon_R in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 128
    Latest Threads: 11-17-2002, 02:19 PM
  5. FS: Custom Build Computer

    By Davetronz in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 10-18-2002, 07:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •