Quantcast
The new BMW look - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 384

Thread: The new BMW look

  1. #361
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,441
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus, don't lose any sleep. I hardly feel like we're detracting from Teh Hardkore Auto Contentz when this thread is literally over 300 posts of:
    "I think it's ugly."
    "I agree... Fugly."
    "I like it."
    "You're wrong."
    "Nuh-uhh!"
    You forgot to throw in a few Chris Harris quotes
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,068
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You forgot to throw in a few Chris Harris quotes
    I think those were the Chris Harris quotes.
    Let's all work on positivity this week.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    C-Town
    My Ride
    X3M Competition
    Posts
    7,222
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    As I keep saying the S58 is a monster engine as this car is punching above its weight class. It just walks away from the C63s.

    Last edited by heavyD; 04-03-2021 at 01:44 PM.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,619
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Drag races have always been dumb. Today, they are even more dumb.

    In the race to get my money, the C63 would come in first, the Audi second, and the mustang third.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,441
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    “S58 hits above its weight class”

    So long as you ignore that the engine in The 6 year old C63 is detuned by nearly 200hp compared to its Halo version. And is still the better powerplant.

    Keeping to the point of the thread, M4 is still the ugly inbred child (very apt analogy).
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,619
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    I wasn't intending to offend Mustang owners, btw. Apologies.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,441
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't intending to offend Mustang owners, btw. Apologies.
    Apology accepted
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,295
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Johnny Lieberman released his thoughts on the M3 comp today. Only 99lbs heavier than the F80 M3 Comp, and lighter than Giulia Quadrifoglio, C63S and S5.

    Conclusion:

    While I have yet to slide behind the wheel of an E30 M3, I've driven more than my fair share of every other generation of M3. Years ago, I drove an E46 M3 back-to-back on a track with a 997-generation Porsche 911 Carrera S. The E46 was nice and fun and all that, but the 911 seemed twice as quick and 50 times as good. You wouldn't really think to ever compare the two. Fast forward, and not only did I have this pig-faced M3 at home, but also a Porsche 911 Carrera S manual. I took both Germans up the same road on the same day—the best way there is to compare cars. The BMW felt quicker, and according to our test numbers, it is. I'm almost positive that on a racetrack, the 519-pound-lighter Porsche would find a way to exert its supremacy—that's what Porsches do. But in the canyons? Where both cars will be driven the majority of the time? I'd rather have the 2021 M3 Competition. This car is that good. I'd just need to remember to always park the thing with its ghastly nose in.
    https://www.motortrend.com/cars/bmw/...-drive-review/

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2018 Allroad, 2020 Velar
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Why wouldn't you compare the RS5 vs the S5? Also, what year was the Carrera S? In the article it says he did a comparison with a 997 against another M3, but later on, he doesn't mention the year/model version. I highly doubt a manual 992 Carrera S will be less fun than the new M3 considering the power bump they had.

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    335d, GP2, P71
    Posts
    6,533
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why wouldn't you compare the RS5 vs the S5? Also, what year was the Carrera S? In the article it says he did a comparison with a 997 against another M3, but later on, he doesn't mention the year/model version. I highly doubt a manual 992 Carrera S will be less fun than the new M3 considering the power bump they had.
    It was a 992 Carrera S. The largest problem with the Porsche is the gearing is way too long it sounds like.

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,295
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why wouldn't you compare the RS5 vs the S5? Also, what year was the Carrera S? In the article it says he did a comparison with a 997 against another M3, but later on, he doesn't mention the year/model version. I highly doubt a manual 992 Carrera S will be less fun than the new M3 considering the power bump they had.
    They explain in the article they never weighed the RS5. I just found the narrative that this thing is a pig that weighs as much as an M5 kind of funny, considering it is 200lbs less than an E39. (i know it isn't light, but welcome to 2021)

    Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was a 992 Carrera S. The largest problem with the Porsche is the gearing is way too long it sounds like.
    Correct.

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2018 Allroad, 2020 Velar
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    It's a manual though? Does he want to row through the gears more?

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,295
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a manual though? Does he want to row through the gears more?
    3rd tops out at 110 MPH in 992S, when would you ever use 4th? Point of a manual is to row the gears, and with 3rd gear getting you a healthy fine/suspension the other 4 gears are barely needed on public roads.

  14. #374
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    920
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I have only seen about 5 new BMWs with the facelift on the road. Super ugly, are they selling that badly or do dealerships just not have them yet?

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    C-Town
    My Ride
    X3M Competition
    Posts
    7,222
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beyond_ban View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Johnny Lieberman released his thoughts on the M3 comp today. Only 99lbs heavier than the F80 M3 Comp, and lighter than Giulia Quadrifoglio, C63S and S5.

    Conclusion:



    https://www.motortrend.com/cars/bmw/...-drive-review/
    Lieberman isn't even a BMW guy so that's high praise. I have been toying with the idea of getting an F82 but it's proving to be a hassle so I'm probably just going to hold off and wait for a G80 AWD LCI. It's pretty evident the G8x is a much better all around cars than previous gen and one of the best non-exotic performance cars you can get today.

  16. #376
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,295
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lieberman isn't even a BMW guy so that's high praise. I have been toying with the idea of getting an F82 but it's proving to be a hassle so I'm probably just going to hold off and wait for a G80 AWD LCI. It's pretty evident the G8x is a much better all around cars than previous gen and one of the best non-exotic performance cars you can get today.
    Agree on all points, lets just hope BMW isn't too stubborn and listens to the masses for their LCI facelift.

  17. #377
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,619
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    As much as we like to give the new BMW shit for being ugly and basically turning itself into an M5, the car itself is apparently amazing.

  18. #378
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,441
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    M5’s were always good cars
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  19. #379
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    920
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    What good is an ugly partner that gives good head? I suppose you can shut the lights off but at the end of the day your probably thinking of somebody else the whole time.

    It would be nice if Audi started adapting their RWD platform from the R8 into some of the RS cars now. That’s where I’d be shopping in the $50-120k range.

  20. #380
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,441
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What good is an ugly partner that gives good head? I suppose you can shut the lights off but at the end of the day your probably thinking of somebody else the whole time.

    It would be nice if Audi started adapting their RWD platform from the R8 into some of the RS cars now. That’s where I’d be shopping in the $50-120k range.
    Quattro has been basically Audi’s main feature for 20 years. Would be a shame if they admitted the best cars they make didn’t have it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Latest Threads: 06-10-2011, 06:28 PM
  2. Taking a look at an 87 Supra Turbo, What to look for?

    By TEAMFaint in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 02-24-2007, 01:02 AM
  3. Audi/BMW/VW lovers don't look (MB guys look lol)

    By /////AMG in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 01-13-2005, 09:17 AM
  4. look...again....(this one doesnt suck so look...)

    By toxic_slick in forum Photoshop Gallery
    Replies: 13
    Latest Threads: 11-04-2004, 10:51 AM
  5. look look look

    By stradplaya454 in forum Photoshop Gallery
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 10-09-2004, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •