Quantcast
The new BMW look - Page 16 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The new BMW look

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    About as fast around a track as the 5 year old Alfa? Not that impressive.

At least the Alfa looks good.

Probably best to call it a “Drivers Car”, because the drivers seat is the only vantage where it’s any good from. Unfortunately, every once in a while you will have to step out and look at it lol
    About as fast? Nice spin but faster is faster and that's despite the Alfa riding on P Zero Corsa supercar tires and the M3 riding on PS4S street tires.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    About as fast? Nice spin but faster is faster and that's despite the Alfa riding on P Zero Corsa supercar tires and the M3 riding on PS4S street tires.
    I'm no TireBob and I don't care enough to look it up, but aren't those both R-compound, srs bidness tires?
    You make it sound like a comparison between Uniroyal Tiger Paw and Advan AD08.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The tiger paw is a great tire.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I'm no TireBob and I don't care enough to look it up, but aren't those both R-compound, srs bidness tires?
    You make it sound like a comparison between Uniroyal Tiger Paw and Advan AD08.
    You care enough to comment but not look it up? One tire has a treadwear rating of 60 and last 4000 miles and the other 300. It's track tire to street tire.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    You care enough to comment but not look it up? One tire has a treadwear rating of 60 and the other 300. It's track tire to street tire.
    There is no standardized testing for treadwear rating so it’s not entirely fair to only compare that but the Pirelli should definitely be a little faster on track.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    There is no standardized testing for treadwear rating so it’s not entirely fair to only compare that but the Pirelli should definitely be a little faster on track.
    That's the point I was trying to make. Lighter car on sticker tires is slower around track. Sutcliffe also mentions despite the Alfa being the lighter car, when driving them the M3 feels like the lighter car. I know the MB fanboys don't want to give credit where it's due but the G8x is a seriously good car. It will be interesting to see how the AWD versions fare. They will be low 3 second 0-60 and mid 11 second cars in the straight line but I'm not sure if that will necessarily translate to better track times.
    Last edited by heavyD; 03-19-2021 at 07:31 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

OooooOooOO SUPERCAR TIRES

They are both street tires lol you are just making yourself sound ridiculous, the pirellis just have a fun party trick of disappearing after a trip to the store that the Michelin’s manage to hold out better for. SUPERCAR tires, you been hanging out with inrich lately?

You are still glossing over the fact that on one YouTube review over 1 lap they printed very comparable times between a generation old fiat and the brand new M3 Competition. That doesn’t scream seriously fast, or seriously impressive to me at all. I’m sure it’s a quick car, they all are in this segment, but it doesn’t sound leaps and bounds better than the F80 (which notably performed some here some there comparably against the car named after a hairdresser).

Will probably get walked by Mercedes 4cyl if 0-60 is your key metric for “drivers car”.
    Last edited by killramos; 03-19-2021 at 07:51 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

But UTQG!!!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Is the U in UTQG supposed to stand for Universal, or Unicorn, I forget.

Anyway, BMW and MB are the same to me, too nice for this honky.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

S-Class turrible on gerse?!¿¡?!!¿?!¡
    Now I've seen ervurything!!

I think it's me and CJblair who are all over this concept of "what if the gal buying the deep 6-figure car doesn't give a squirt of fuck about the L/100km measured to 5 decimals?!"

How do the great, unwashed we not realize that someone who buys a brand new GTC4Lusso for about $460k not care about the cost of premium fuel and 22L/100km ??!!?! Don't they realize the savings they could've had with a more economical _____ representing 0.00002x % of their cost of ownership!?!?
    Fools!!!
    You missed the mark here, S65 is the engine code for the V8 out of the E9X series of M cars. Cool rant though.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_ban View Post
    You missed the mark here, S65 is the engine code for the V8 out of the E9X series of M cars. Cool rant though.
    LoL, I'm not surprised! Embarrassing, but not really.
    Engine and chassis codes:

Name:  Screenshot_20210319-084439_Firefox.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  82.5 KB

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

OooooOooOO SUPERCAR TIRES

They are both street tires lol you are just making yourself sound ridiculous, the pirellis just have a fun party trick of disappearing after a trip to the store that the Michelin’s manage to hold out better for. SUPERCAR tires, you been hanging out with inrich lately?

You are still glossing over the fact that on one YouTube review over 1 lap they printed very comparable times between a generation old fiat and the brand new M3 Competition. That doesn’t scream seriously fast, or seriously impressive to me at all. I’m sure it’s a quick car, they all are in this segment, but it doesn’t sound leaps and bounds better than the F80 (which notably performed some here some there comparably against the car named after a hairdresser).

Will probably get walked by Mercedes 4cyl if 0-60 is your key metric for “drivers car”.
    LOL you are the poster boy for ridiculous on this website with your silly one liners and bad takes. The M3 was the faster car and you keep trying to downplay it. Did someone in an M3 run over a family member of yours or something? Just strange how you are going out of your way to discredit the car.
    Last edited by heavyD; 03-19-2021 at 09:07 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The new M3 does a fantastic job discrediting itself by just showing up.

I deservedly shit on the new M3 just as much as you have stuck your neck out to defend it. Did an M3 save your baby from drowning or something? Don’t tell me you *shudder* bought one?

You trotted out a comparison and made it sound like the M3 wiped the floor with what was ultimately a 6 year old last gen competitor and it really didn’t. It performed very comparably. 6 years of development later it probably should have wiped the floor with the Alfa, but it didn’t.

Honestly the new M3 could have won by 15 seconds and I still wouldn’t buy it over the 6 year old Alfa. It’s ugly and less interesting than it’s predecessor or any of its competion in pretty much every way. The new car is 500lb heavier and no faster than the old one. Tbh there isn’t much about the new M3 that isn’t lame.
    Last edited by killramos; 03-19-2021 at 09:15 AM.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    *The First*

I deservedly shit on the new M3 just as much as you have stuck your neck out to defend it. Did an M3 save your baby from drowning or something? Don’t tell me you *shudder* bought one?

You trotted out a comparison and made it sound like the M3 wiped the floor with what was ultimately a 6 year old last gen competitor and it really didn’t. It performed very comparably. 6 years of development later it probably should have wiped the floor with the Alfa, but it didn’t.

Honestly the new M3 could have won by 15 seconds and I still wouldn’t buy it over the 6 year old Alfa. It’s ugly and less interesting than it’s predecessor or any of its competion in pretty much every way.
    Look... Either this track test was conducted and sanctioned by Consumer Reports, or, it wasn't. That's the true test of validity, here.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Honestly the new M3 could have won by 15 seconds and I still wouldn’t buy it over the 6 year old Alfa. It’s ugly and less interesting than it’s predecessor or any of its competion in pretty much every way.
    That's your opinion but as a person that didn't care for the F80 I much prefer the new car. Looks don't really bother me as it looks more menacing than most vehicles today although to be completely honest I don't think I would buy one until the LCI because BMW LCI's always look better. The reality is that there's not a lot of competition for this car because it offers a manual transmission and the only other way to get that in a car of this level is via paying the P-tax or pay top dollar for a Flat Rock built Mustang. I think everyone here knows Audi's aren't drivers cars and now MB is dropping the V8 high prices AMG's are kind of pointless now so this is probably the last car of this kind before we all end up bragging about how many km's we get between charges.

Look... Either this track test was conducted and sanctioned by Consumer Reports, or, it wasn't. That's the true test of validity, here.
    Either you are funny or you are not. Don't quit the day job (assuming you have one).

My Ride
    *The First*

^So sassy today! OP would be proud.

My Ride
    ute

Isn't the new M3's track problems because it is fat?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Yup, 500lb over last gen. Weighs as much as a 540i apparently.

fact.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Take your hate crimes somewhere else!! I think the term is "morbidly courageous" you fucking fascist!!

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Yup, 500lb over last gen. Weighs as much as a 540i apparently.
    LOL it's not 500 lbs over last gen. Even with AWD it's less than 500 lbs over the F8x. It's in line with its fat and fatter rivals from Audio and MB.

^So sassy today! OP would be proud.
    I'm not sassy. The guy that tries really hard to be funny and laughs at his own jokes can make for awkward discussions at times. I'm sure you are a good dude and I never take this stuff personally nor should you.
    Last edited by heavyD; 03-19-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast