Quantcast
OFFICIAL: 2020-21 NHL Thread - Page 16 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: 2020-21 NHL Thread

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Flames have won more games since the playoffs started than the Oilers have.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Watched the highlights, that looked like Mike Smith playing for Calgary
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

FWIW, Smith has been extremely solid all series. Jets are relying heavily on screened shots and the occasional rebound.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

ya Smith definitely wasnt the problem. Playoff Smith is legit, even for us.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Yeah anyone who shits on Smith forgets he and Bennett were the only two players that showed up in the playoffs two seasons ago.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "'rather miss the playoff than getting swept 4-0 "
    Yes Edmonton, suffer!!

404 Connor not found.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Yes Edmonton, suffer!!

404 Connor not found.
    At least not the Connor everyone keeps talking about

Suck it Oil!!

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Final series Connor rankings:

1. Connor
    2. Connor

3. Connor

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

I mean we could chat all night about how McJesus and Drysaddle didn't "turn up" but the honest truth is that bad management and no depth cost the Oilers big time...

Fucking Darnell Nurse had 62 mins TOI last night...that was just 3 mins short of Seth Jones in the CBJ TBL game that went to 5OT, versus Tyson Barrie who had just 49 mins. The guy was pulling 4 and 5 minute shifts. What kind of game management is that?! None of the Jets had more than ~40 mins (Morrisey had just less than 42 mins)
    Last edited by haggis88; 05-25-2021 at 09:26 PM.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by haggis88 View Post
    I mean we could chat all night about how McJesus and Drysaddle didn't "turn up" but the honest truth is that bad management and no depth cost the Oilers big time...

Fucking Darnell Nurse had 62 mins TOI last night...that was just 3 mins short of Seth Jones in the CBJ TBL game that went to 5OT, versus Tyson Barrie who had just 49 mins. The guy was pulling 4 and 5 minute shifts. What kind of game management is that?! None of the Jets had more than ~40 mins (Morrisey had just less than 42 mins)
    The decision to play musical chairs with McDavid's line mates was very poor for at least 3 reasons.
    1. It indicated an arrogance that they weren't taking the Jets seriously.
    2. It cost them Game-1.
    3. It threw their lineup into disarray while they scrambled to find something that would work while not giving (or having) enough time to let something work.

I don't understand how a coach goes "we fist these guys over 75% of the time by doing the things that we've done all season... Kassian & Neal - you're up to the first line!"

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    1. It indicated an arrogance that they weren't taking the Jets seriously.
    I think therein lies the point...

Winterpeg doesn't really have any "Hollywood" type names, but they've got a lot of guys with good levels of skill who play for each other

I'll definitely admit that I wouldn't have been able to name anyone on the Jets if put on the spot, but by fuck did they all play out of their skins this series

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Comically, after running 4 D for two solid OT periods, Tippett finally sends Bear out for a single shift - but only because those 4 D he's been riding are fucking gassed and desperately need a quick breather. McDavid steals in their zone and heads up-ice and Tippett immediately calls for Bear to get the hell off the ice so he can stick one of his favourite 4 D back on. He doesn't wait for McDavid to get the puck deep, as soon as he clears the red line Bear is headed for the bench. So when Pionk makes the steal Barrie was coming off the bench for Bear and had no chance of catching Connor. The breakaway and goal never happen without that call for a change which is a direct result of Tippett's terrible player management.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Comically, after running 4 D for two solid OT periods, Tippett finally sends Bear out for a single shift - but only because those 4 D he's been riding are fucking gassed and desperately need a quick breather. McDavid steals in their zone and heads up-ice and Tippett immediately calls for Bear to get the hell off the ice so he can stick one of his favourite 4 D back on. He doesn't wait for McDavid to get the puck deep, as soon as he clears the red line Bear is headed for the bench. So when Pionk makes the steal Barrie was coming off the bench for Bear and had no chance of catching Connor. The breakaway and goal never happen without that call for a change which is a direct result of Tippett's terrible player management.
    Reddit and Twitter going nuts about Bear going for a line change and costing the goal. Do you have video have Tippett wanting Bear off. To be Fair, McJesus gave the puck away just like game 3's tying goal, but no one wants to talk about about him.

But to come to this is ridiculous. In a triple over time game but only playing 4D. That's on the coach. How can you even send the third pair out there when they've been sitting for a solid hour.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Reddit and Twitter going nuts about Bear going for a line change and costing the goal. Do you have video have Tippett wanting Bear off. To be Fair, McJesus gave the puck away just like game 3's tying goal, but no one wants to talk about about him.
    Oh yeah McD was the other half of the fuckup. He gets the puck deep and none of that happens, but a dangerous change is dangerous for a reason because that shit happens.

I don't have video/audio of the change call (play was nowhere near the bench), but Bear had been on the ice for a whopping 20 seconds when he headed for the bench. No D on the far side of the ice is going to beeline for the bench at a risky time after being on for only 20 seconds as the fresh-leg guy that's been resting for 40 minutes, a transition to the O zone is exactly what you want so you can give the gassed guys extra rest while you hold the blue. The only reason he goes is if Tippett calls him in or if he was told in advance to change the second the transition happens.

My Ride
    *The First*

Who the fuck are these clown-ass referees in Minnesota??! They are blowing the whistle during skirmishes like a female ref in a PeeWee game. I think I heard him honk on that thing 8 times after the stoppage. It's insane. Do you think they didn't hear it, Bro?!
    Settle down, Karen!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Who the fuck are these clown-ass referees in Minnesota??! They are blowing the whistle during skirmishes like a female ref in a PeeWee game. I think I heard him honk on that thing 8 times after the stoppage. It's insane. Do you think they didn't hear it, Bro?!
    Settle down, Karen!
    Fuck the refs on that goalie interference call
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Fuck the refs on that goalie interference call
    It's amazing how pointless the review system is. And, what's the fuckin point of two referees, while we're at it. All they add is bad bounces and clog lanes. Who is saying "games are so much better officiated since we switched to two refs"? It's gone on about 20 years longer than it should have.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It's amazing how pointless the review system is. And, what's the fuckin point of two referees, while we're at it. All they add is bad bounces and clog lanes. Who is saying "games are so much better officiated since we switched to two refs"? It's gone on about 20 years longer than it should have.
    NHL hockey hasn’t been any good in 10, maybe 15 years.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I just don’t get what dictates goalie interference on that play. Was it skate in crease? Was it a touch on Talbot while being pushed in but didn’t impede him in moving to attempt to make the safe whatsoever? Because fuck I’ve seen both those scenarios reviewed as no goalie interference against the flames.

Maybe I just don’t understand the rules, even tho I’ve read the rules yearly. Or maybe it’s just fucking random.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I just don’t get what dictates goalie interference on that play. Was it skate in crease? Was it a touch on Talbot while being pushed in? Because fuck I’ve seen both those scenarios reviewed as no goalie interference against the flames.

Maybe I just don’t understand the rules, even tho I’ve read the rules yearly. Or maybe it’s just fucking random.
    The dumb yank announcers are repeatedly saying "he's in the crease", but neither skate was. Talbot is choosing to touch his ass and work up to getting a thumb up there and that's why the puck flies in because he's choosing to be distracted by a player who's legally standing nearby.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast